Nintendo Switch Lite

• @yoshi
    There's still the cheaper pirce and the form factor.

• @sacred-arfaid The form factor is barely any different. Still not small enough to fit into a pocket.

• @sacred-arfaid not really cheaper considering Nintendo forces you to pay for a joy con if you ever want to play local multiplayer with a friend with the lite

• This is Nintendo's elegant solution to joycon drift.

• Ok what is Joycon drift?
    I keep seeing it mentioned but no explanation

• @dmcmaster Mine has it pretty bad. Essentially my left joycon will think that I'm pushing it to the left when I'm not touching it at all. the severity of it seems to be random, but I've had it so bad that when I try to recalibrate the joycon can't move past the center line. Typically I shut the switch down, remove my joycon, and blast it with compressed air, but this doesn't completely remedy the problem; it just makes something going from completely unplayable to a mild annoyance. The main solution I've come to is just to always be providing controller input of some kind, since that seems to override the general drift. It's absolutely a first world problem, but it's still an annoyance.

• To be fair that was a joke. You can't have joycon drift when there's no joycons.

• @yoshi
    Then don't buy a Joycon or don't try to play local multiplayer with one system. Treat it like what it's marketed as: a handheld device. If the Switch can do system to system local multi player, then do that. Otherwise, treat it like a personal device.

@Mbun
    It's not ideal, but it's a noticeable difference from the original. Would have preferred a Vita sized system but what they did is a good step in that direction. It's gonna fit into more pockets that the fully assembled standard one.

• @sacred-arfaid said:

It's gonna fit into more pockets that the fully assembled standard one.

Not really. They're both almost equally too big for pockets. This one might fit better into small handbags and stuff, but anyone without cargo pants pockets isn't easily stashing either of the models away. You're still better off just getting the new OG with way better battery life for handheld and the kickstand to bring on the go with a carrying case. I got a nice large carrying case that brings the dock and everything with me for like $30, so there's probably real good ones for just the main system part for that much or cheaper.

• I don't think the original is gonna fit comfortably into many pockets, even the cargo pants. In my comparing it to the Vita, the biggest issue for the lite is length. if they could transfer some of that length to depth, it would be a great fit for me, but as of right now it's a tight fit, but still preferable to the original.