Is Ninja Gaiden II cheap or am I just a poor at the game?

• Fans like to regard vanilla Ninja Gaiden 2 as a sequel that's almost as good as Ninja Gaiden Black. I played it back then, and thought it was just okay. It was nowhere near as good as NGB, and I wasn't impressed by Sigma 2 either. I tried to replaying the game recently on Path of Mentor (hard mode), I ended up not liking it at all. The enemies constantly spammed projectiles, the camera was miserable, the difficulty was unbalanced, the framerate was unstable, and it had too many cheap moments.

Am I just bad at the game or is vanilla NG2 just an unbalanced mess?

• It's just a really hard game. If you keep at it, it'll click for you eventually. I never finished it myself. Bit tough for my taste.

• @paulmci27 said in Is Ninja Gaiden II cheap or am I just a poor at the game?:

It's just a really hard game. If you keep at it, it'll click for you eventually. I never finished it myself. Bit tough for my taste.

I tried numerous times and I couldn't get into it. It's not because it's hard, because I love challenging games. Games like System Shock 2, Shinobi for the PS2, Contra, Demon's Souls (which is harder than Dark Souls), Fallout 2, Devil May Cry 3, Cuphead, and Ninja Gaiden Black. These games were difficult, but often fair. The took wit and skill to play. Whereas Ninja Gaiden 2 is hard, but it's not fair at all. And I'm always perplexed it's regarded at such high regard. Maybe I'm just awful at it.