EZA curates August games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• @dipset If you're planning to spend a full week mostly gaming, I'd say either Control or Astral Chain, because Man of Medan will be way too short to last you a week.

• @axel

I will have like 7 uninterrupted days where I'll probably spend a lot of time gaming between other hobbies. I forgot than Man of Medan is short so I'll save that for a group session.

Its so hard because Control seems so enriching and spooky, but Astral Chain will fill the action game void that I've needed since Nier Automata. I'm equally excited for both. I might have to wait for reviews tbh.

• @dipset 7 uninterrupted days, then the right answer is: buy all 3! ;)

• I would say Astral Chain if you like Nier because from previews, it doesn't look to be as good as Bayonetta.

• For me I'm picking up Astral Chain and Oninaki. I was planning to get Control but I would be too busy playing these two games and Catherine Full Body comes out in Sep 3rd, I have no room for Control.
    @iboshow said in EZA curates August games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?:

I would say Astral Chain if you like Nier because from previews, it doesn't look to be as good as Bayonetta.

I think Astral Chain will very different than Bayonetta for comparison same way Wonderful 101 was.

• I watched the most recent Control trailer and I got the chills, not gonna lie. I think I’m gonna get Control and if I have more time, I’ll get Astral Chain too.

I mean... how often do you have this kinda rest n relaxation in life??

• Quantum Break was horrible enough that I'm pretty skeptical about Control. Besides, I don't want the Epic Store version. Astral Chain is from those people who made Nier: Automata, so I'll probably get it sooner rather than later.

• Global Moderator

Classic World of Warcraft. Day 1. Im in.

• I've been on and off if I should try WoW Classic and I think I'm going for it. The game took over my life from 2005-2008 but I have such fond memories of all if it. It will sadly never capture that time properly ever again as people are now far too familiar with both the game itself and also online interaction in general. That said, it's going to be nostalgia bliss.

My full Tier 3 tank Sheria back to rags. I love the thought!

• Wreckfest arrives on PS4 and Xbox One on August 27th. Developed by Bugbear, who are responsible for the FlatOut series.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wreckfest

"Wreckfest is a racing game with sophisticated driving dynamics and vehicle upgrading, featuring both demolition derbies and traditional races. It’s all about fun, racing and crashes. Drive hard. Die last."
    Youtube Video

• @sentinel-beach

I've had my eye on PS4 Wreckfest forever. Is it still on schedule to release this month? It's been delayed on consoles so much I kinda stopped keeping track of it.

• @bam541

Most excited for Control, it's my dark horse for GOTY. This and Man of Medan really do a great job closing out the month and getting me ready for the madness that is the Fall gaming season.