Bought high-end laptop for the first time in 10 years. Need gaming advice!

• If your looking for a good story driven indie game on PC. Then I would recommend A Plague Tale: Innocence. I played it on PC with my gtx 1070 and I did notice a few frame drops from time to time. Thankfully though, it mostly ran at 60fps on ultra for me. The game is about 10 hours long.

Since you said you follow gaming news. You probably already know about most of the big PC releases this year like RE2, Sekiro, Metro: Exodus, DMC 5 and Mortal Kombat 11. So this is just a shout out to a smaller developers game that you maybe missed.

Youtube Video

• Typing of the Dead Overkill

• I feel as though a new PC should be christened with some cRPGs that you can only fully appreciate on a PC.

I’ve been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance the past few months which is one of the most immersive games I’ve ever played.

The Witcher 2 and 3 are obvious choices for amazing storytelling and rich world. The Witcher gives you those cozy JRPG town vibes when you just sort of talk to everybody in town and they all have something unique to say.

A Hat In Time is apparently a pretty good 3D platformer with a ton of free level mods. I haven’t played it but it looks fun.

• You could do like me and use it to play PSP era JRPGs with your brand new +1000$ PC ....

For real though, even mentioning which genres you like there's too much too choose from on PC.

• Oh also, check the Epic Games Store weekly. They give out one or two free games weekly (usually). You’ve already missed some good ones but I bet there are even more good ones coming up. Nothing beats free.

• Also, if you have Amazon/Twitch prime, you get 4 games a month. They tend to be pretty good, too

• Ori and the Blind Forest would look beautiful on high settings, I Imagine.

I loved Firewatch more than most people and I would easily recommend it. The gameplay is just walking around and interacting with items, it's story heavy. The environments are fantastic, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.

I also recommend Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It made me cry like a baby and that's quite the rare experience for me.

• Thanks for all the great advice people! I'll certainly try some of this stuff out :D

• Global Moderator

There are some great tips in this thread, I must say.

I know its already been mentioned, but Ori and the Blind Forest are a great game, some bits are challenging, but its worth a playthrough.
    If you havent played it on console already, I think The Witcher 3 are on PC and worth a play.
    Its not super demaning, but Skyrim is always fun (I've put like 400+ hours into that game).

Tekken 7 are one of my favourite fighting games this gen, which should be on PC. you might need a controller or similar for though, I've ever only played on PS4 though.

• One recommendation for each genre:

JRPG and anime related stuff: Dragon Quest XI with the orchestral mod. Great JRPG to have on PC, especially if you like Akira Toriyama and his works. Gameplay is intentionally classic and accessible.

Western RPGs: Pillars of Eternity. It's a classic RPG inspired by the old ones like Baldur's Gate, with few modern twists, a fantastic cast of characters and a great story. Criminally underrated.

Fighting Games: Tekken 7. I'm not the biggest expert, but for many reason i think it's the best fighting game outside Smash, it's always so fun to watch at EVO.

Platformers: Spelunky which is so fun to play in co-op.

Story Driven Games: To The Moon -> Gameplay is a walking simulator, but the story is very emotional, highly recommended.

Pathologic 2 -> I'm throwing it out there, even thought it doesn't particularly fit in one of these categories. It's a survival / story heavy game with lots of really cool dialogues, choices to make and very unique premise. There is nothing quite like it.

• Ohh I also bought a new laptop from back to school coupons at Reecoupons and from there I also bought these games

• Limbo

• list itemMonument Valley

• list itemKingdom Rush

• list itemHitman GO
      they are paid but not much expensive there, you can easily buy these by using coupons. I hope you also like these games too.