World of Warcraft Classic.

• I honestly can't believe I'm creating this thread, but here we are. An experience captured in time (2005) is finally given the chance to replicate the magic. Do I think it's possible? No. Back in 2005 people were still new to the internet, the game itself and also with general online, social communication. I do feel the shyness and inexperience played a large part in what made Vanilla WoW such a memorable time. That said, the game wasn't infested with the 'Quality of life' nonsense that current WoW has, and it appears that this is such a large pull that Blizzard has risked this release.

I welcome both old and new players looking to experience classic WoW to come discuss the long awaited Vanilla WoW re-release.

• I personally played FFXI for one year on PC, so that was my first experience with an MMO. 2004-5 saw me struggle to get anywhere as the grind, even in a group, was so incredibly slow. It finally reached a point that I was done with crabs and goggle men.

I was fairly casual with WoW initially, I took a long time to reach 60 and it was only because of a wonderful guild that I got to try BRS and such. That guild could only get so far though. We killed Ragnaros, but couldn't make progress in BWL. I reluctantly left my first guild for another where their members were spending the same amount of time devoted to the game that I was (8 hours a day). I joined as main tank and we soon cleared BWL, AQ40 and about half of Naxx before the expansion.

There's so much more I like about vanilla though and its mostly in the leveling process and detail in each and every quest. Even if I never raid again, to experience the long questlines that littered Vanilla and took you all over will be more than enough.

Anyone else jumping into Classic?

• Global Moderator

Brad and I will be playing Classic, just still need to decide on a server. We'll probably do a little Horde and Alliance, since I really want to do Night Elf and he wants to do Horde. I have fond memories of forming groups to do Deadmines while questing in Westfall, after doing the very long run from Darnassus. Brad's already re-subbed and started catching up on the newest BFA patch as well, so if you're in the guild on Tortheldrin, you may see him online.

• When I had infinite time in the world, I used to play RuneScape. Then WoW came out and my friend told me to play it but the trial took like 2 days to download and when it finished, it was too confusing for my kid brain and I think the graphics were all messed up cause my computer was too old.

Now that I don’t have infinite time, is it worth righting the wrong of never playing WoW?

• Global Moderator

I wanted to create this thread so badly, but didnt feel right. I played A LOT of WoW back in the day (Vanilla to early Cata). Had some EU first kills in Wotlk and so on.

I will deffo play Classic. I have decided to go on Shazzrah (EU) and you can find me on Ally side as either Cansin or Lotias. (Feel free to say hi!)

• @dipset said in World of Warcraft Classic.:

When I had infinite time in the world, I used to play RuneScape. Then WoW came out and my friend told me to play it but the trial took like 2 days to download and when it finished, it was too confusing for my kid brain and I think the graphics were all messed up cause my computer was too old.

Now that I don’t have infinite time, is it worth righting the wrong of never playing WoW?

I want to say no sadly. Classic would actually be preferable though as I'd hate to see how elite and egotistical the decade old players have become now. That said, classic might end up housing nothing but the old school elite, looking to make their mark once more, such as myself. Either way, you're joining a 15 year old game with a mountain of old timers more familiar with the game they play than their own country. I'd suggest looking into a new online RPG where the community is still learning alongside you.

• @lotias said in World of Warcraft Classic.:

I wanted to create this thread so badly, but didnt feel right. I played A LOT of WoW back in the day (Vanilla to early Cata). Had some EU first kills in Wotlk and so on.

I will deffo play Classic. I have decided to go on Shazzrah (EU) and you can find me on Ally side as either Cansin or Lotias. (Feel free to say hi!)

I'm PVE all the way sadly so I chose a normal server. I'm so glad to secure Sheria though otherwise I honestly wouldn't bother.

• @sheria

That sounds like fair advice but I am a good fan of PvP in games. Do I need to communicate with these old timers with a mic or would I survive on my own? Cause I really don’t want to spend time with elitist gamers when I’m just trying to have fun before and after work. I probably would just play it under the level cap before you have to subscribe.

• @dipset said in World of Warcraft Classic.:

@sheria

That sounds like fair advice but I am a good fan of PvP in games. Do I need to communicate with these old timers with a mic or would I survive on my own? Cause I really don’t want to spend time with elitist gamers when I’m just trying to have fun before and after work. I probably would just play it under the level cap before you have to subscribe.

Classic will be filled with dedicated people pushing for the long elusive Grand Marshall rank and Hardcore PVP guilds with the intention of dominating the server.

PVP will be fun for quite some time and i'm sure you'll get a lot out of the experience. But note that, given time, the end game raiders will heavily out gear you and dominate the battlegrounds.

You won't need to communicate at any point. You'll just discover one day that you can't possibly contend with guilds that rely on teamspeak (or whatever it is now).

• Global Moderator

My vanilla wow private server just shut down. As excited as I am to start classic, that one kinda stings. Or well, its the same character I have had since the sister server started. I didt play much the last year though, that said though, I am now ready to dive right in and go on new fresh adventures.

• So what server are people playing alliance on? I really would love to play with some of the allies and community. I’m going alliance with some friends from drama school. Love to see you guys in game. Would love even more to be a part of an easy allies alliance guild!

Edit: Also might make a secondary horde character as well to play by myself, where are the hordies playing? Does anyone know which of the allies are playing classic?