Favorite Unusual Weapons in Games

• We've all seen the swords, the bows, the guns. What are some unusual weapons that you like from games?

My vote has to go to Eikichi/Michel's machine gun guitar case from Persona 2. When shooting up demons, you gotta do it in style.
    alt text

• Perfect Dark's Reaper. Utter spray-and-pray joy, with Grinder alternate! :D

• @michemagius That was a pull from El Mariachi or Desperado, right? Always a fun one to have show up under the right circumstances. :)

I'm a big fan of the Railway rifle from Fallout 3 and 4. I'm not familiar enough with the earlier games to know if it showed up there. In particular the sound it makes on firing. Always makes me giggle.

• alt text

Gotta be the switch axe from Monster Hunter Tri & on. It's a steampunk axe that switches (shocker) into a sword. Not only that, it can unleash its energy phial in an explosive stab attack that blows the sword back into axe mode. Plus the different designs are just super cool.

Other than that, I would have to say the Bloodskal Blade from Skyrim or Master Sword from Skyward Sword. Now, I know those are both conventional weapons... but they can shoot lasers! The lasers are predictably underpowered in both games (as well as hella fiddly to charge when trying to raise your sword exactly skyward), but the concept of heaving down a blade and projecting an energy wave from that slash is just too cool not to see in more games.

• The Spinfusor from the Tribes series of games.
    Servin' up blue plate specials all day.

• Nevan from DMC 3
    You play sick riffs
    Lighting and bats shootout
    And has a pretty sick devil trigger form

• The number one thing I think of when I hear "unusual weapon" is the crossbow from Half Life 2 that shoots hot rebar instead of normal arrows.

• @DeweyDTruman said in Favorite Unusual Weapons in Games:

The number one thing I think of when I hear "unusual weapon" is the crossbow from Half Life 2 that shoots hot rebar instead of normal arrows.

That thing is so rad. I remember the exHuberance (new sniglet, being of Huber levels of happy and hyped) of sniping soldiers and pinning them to walls and train cars.

• FFX
    Lulu's Moogle weapon was so cool.
    That goes for the Cactuar and Onion Knight too :P

• Quite a fan of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil's Cerebral bore personally

• Personally, unusual for me is a combination of things you wouldn't think would work. And the Lancer Mk II from Gears of War is awesome: Medium range firearm, Close range self defense gore machine.

• I'm not going to say I win this thread because it's not a competition but.... I win.

• @SabotageTheTruth Mr Toots is the best. He was my pick for the one weapon to have in case of the Apocalypse.

• I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but shoutout to the Flying V guitar from Brutal Legends. The heavy-metal theme concept for the game was really cool, I loved seeing the references/voice acting/visual inspiration in the trailers and gameplay footage. To have that carry over to the battle system and incorporate a magical guitar to me was an act of campy brilliance.

• Bulletstorm was a purely okay game, but the Flail gun was crazy. A gun that fires two spiked grenades chained together so they can rap around peoples legs and stick to walls and shit. It is so counter intuitive I love it.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.