Vote for the forum's GOTY 2012!

• @sentinel-beach not keeping secrets today

• I urge you all to remember the perfection called Hotline Miami.

• the game i wanted to vote for is not elidgeable so its a pretty thin list from me

• I went through the year and came up with 16 games I really like(d). Way more than I had expected! Pretty tough to cut that number down to eight, ended up throwing away games like Assassin's Creed III and Mass Effect 3. Also Dishonored and even Journey (it never clicked for me!). And I swear if someone helps me get my #2 on the final list we are connected through space and time forever!

• Also wanna give a quick shoutout to Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. I know I'm the only person on this forum that played it but it was a fun little game. Definitely not GOTY material but worth at least acknowledging. If you're into the more slice of life-y aspects of Persona 3/4/5 then I think it's up your alley.

• This is a tough one for me, I have one very clear GOTY, really the only game from that year that I'd consider for an all-time favorites list.

Behind this one, I've narrowed it down to 8 other games (so one will have to go), but I have no idea how to rank those, it's going to depend wildly on my mood when I get to it!

Also, judging from the early votes I've received already, this is going to be the first GOTY in a long while where there's suspense all the way to the end, because your picks are all over the place and there's no game ahead of the pack so far. It's going to be fun for me as I see games overtake each other with every new list.

As for my shawdawwws, don't sleep on the 3DS! It had quite a few great games that year, with Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, New Super Mario Bros. 2, etc. And the Wii U launch with Nintendo Land, that was a lot of fun with friends!

• I've confusing memories on NFS Most Wanted, i don't remember if all the fun i had with that game was with the 2012 remake(?) or the original 2005-06 release.

There are some gem here and there, but overall 2012 was one of those dark years in gaming with not much going on, PS3 not performing as Sony wanted, Xbox 360 last years were heavy on casual Kinect games, all the panic for the rise of mobile "is console gaming dying?" that would be the number one question back then.

• @bam541 Hell yeah Katawa Shoujo ftw~!

• Big ol' shoutout to Lego Lord of the Rings. People sleep on this game a lot, but it is legitimately excellent. Easily the best Lord of the Rings game.

• How do people vote, do they vote like it's 2012 or do you vote with the mindset of today.

• I always vote with hindsight (except for end-of-year threads because I mean, that hindsight isn't there yet obviously.) If I voted by just what I played in any given year my lists would always be much shorter since outside of bangers like 2017 I usually just play like two or three real contenders and everything else that year is either janky stuff I don't give much thought to after a week or old standbys that didn't even release that year.

• @iboshow I kinda try to find an in between but tend to lean towards current opinion. If I loved it back then AND I love it now, it's a lock. If I loved it then but don't anymore, it might make an honorable mention spot. If I love it now but didn't then or only played it recently, that means I probably would have loved it then so it's more likely to get a top 4 spot.

• I think all of my HMs jumped in and out of the top 4 as I made my list. 2012 was a good year!

• @capnbobamous Are... are we doing this? We're doing this? Let's do it! We're doing this! Yeah! Lego LoTR ftw!

• Global Moderator

Tokyo Jungle shout out! I had a blast with that game. Feels like 2012 was a big year for the smaller game. At least that's what my list will be made up of.

• So far, 14 people have voted, and 53 games have been nominated.

I'm kinda surprised by some of the top picks at the moment, but it's very tight so it's still anyone's game!

• Xenoblade was my goty that year but ill make my eligibile list later

• Global Moderator

This Year has too many good games. Had a real hard time to rank them.

• I'm assuming Persona 4 Golden falls into the port, and not a full remake category, but wanted to ask simply to be sure.

Anyhow weird year, a few interesting games, but it doesn't make me look fondly at those times.

Edit: Noticed this was actually asked before about P4G, I think it is a gray area as they there are significant diferences between the two versions and it is not just a port, but I would leave it out unless it is widely understood that it should be considered.

• Global Moderator

All I'll say is that I absolutely considered Persona 4 Golden.