EZA curates September games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for examining the new games of September! Share your personal picks, interesting curios, and not quite there possibles...

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list (or a swanky desire index) of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Thread concept:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple text lists of upcoming games:

Feel free to post other lists or list videos of upcoming releases that you find useful.

• Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• The biggest upcoming game for me is The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remake. Probably the most interesting Zelda remake to me so far, since I expect the bright and cute art style plus other rehauls to make it feel quite a bit different. Admittedly I'm still going to wait a bit before playing this verison, but that's kind of how I roll with remakes in the modern era.

The biggest curio for me is Code Vein, which is finally coming out after who knows how long. It's also know as Anime Dark Souls by Bandai Namco. I feel this is the game I'm most likely to give a blind chance to at some point despite being chronically unsure/wary throughout its development. No piece of new or impressions that came my way has been especially positive, but I always find myself coming back to thinking how fun the AI companion could be in a game like this. In this genre, feeling like tough enemies are always smacking you around is half the fun, and I think it feels even better when you can watch your incompetent AI partner take those smackings. Code Vein isn't quite like that I bet, but maybe I'll have to give it a shot to confirm for myself.

• Youtube Video

GreedFall releases September 10 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC!

Devolper Spiders is known for releasing some top quality Eurojank over the years and Greedfall looks to be another one of those games. I also get some Witcher 3 and Dragon Age vibes from the trailers. Kingdom Come: Deliverance was a game that made my top 10 last year. So I'm optimistic about this game as well.

• It's all about Zelda for me. The current series is dead to me because of BotW, but Links Awakening is my second favourite game in the series so I cant wait to play this new variation. This very well might be the end of Zelda for me as I just don't see them pursuing 2d Zelda with no handhelds about.

• Catherine: Full Body is on it's way to me right now.
    Youtube Video

Greedfall - I'm gonna wait for review scores. Dragon Age: Origins being one of my favorite games of all time, I'm seeing a lot of similarities here. I want to know if this will scratch that itch.

• There's a bit surprisingly nothing new for me in September, so I'll just play games from my backlog. That's welcome!

For the Switch and PC owners, though, check out Untitled Goose Game finally arriving on September 20th!

Untitled Goose Game - Release Date Trailer - Nintendo Switch
    Youtube Video

• @tokyoslim I can't wait for my copy of Catherine to arrive, I absolutely love the original and can't wait to see what is new with it.

Greedfall is also looking pretty good, but it is definitively one to wait and see, and then wait and see if I ever end up having time for it.