Games you consider 10/10.

• Spoiler

Prove me wrong, if you dare.

• @Krauser said in Games you consider 10/10.:

Spoiler

Prove me wrong, if you dare.

I can because i may not into girly emo JRPGs. but i respect your opinion for liking it.

• Deus Ex 1, Dead Space 2, Suikoden 2 and Baldur's Gate 2 are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Part of the reason I feel that they're 10/10 is also because of how much I've replayed them (replaying games isn't even something I normally do in the first place).

• final fantasy tactics war or the lions my all time favorite story in a video game
    legend of zelda ocarina of time
    paper mario
    f-zero gx

• I could write an essay on why I believe SOCOM II is the best multiplayer ever made but I'll summarize by saying that it was

A) ahead of its time for console MP (social features, friends lists, clan support, basically invented GameBattles)

B) maps curated around game modes as opposed to generic maps

C) Tactical and skill based

D) Taunts and Victory Dance!!

10/10 for me

• Kotor and Diablo 2. Gotta show the turn-of-the-century western RPGs some pride and love. A remake of Kotor, keeping the old turn-based combat is my wet dream. (P.s. Hey Blizzard the D3 season were fun once upon a time, but its time for a new expansion)

• For its time: Age of empires 2, Call of duty two. Now Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4, Crisis core

• Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Okami, and Twilight Princess (though Wind Waker is the lowest 10 of those 10s). Every new Monster Hunter game. Skyrim and The Last of Us, of course, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Super Paper Mario is great too, but not quite a "10.").

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: This game is weirdly underrated for being an unrelenting space epic. It has the most stunning art direction in a Metroid game coupled with puzzles and bosses that put it on the level of Zelda. Just everything about it oozes cool, from the PED suit to the Ridley fight in the elevator, to the climactic story and soundtrack. The derelict ship mission has an incredible atmosphere, as well as one of the cleverest and most intelligent jump scares I've ever seen. Finish the fight.

• I'm a firm believer next to nothing deserves a 10. Most of my favorite games I'd give an 8 or a 9 to, but for something to get a 10 I'd have to be willing to say it is utterly flawless. Generally speaking I think the closest I'd normally come is Ghost Trick. It's not even on my personal top 10 favorite games but it's as close as most games I've played has ever come to being perfect.

The only exception to that rule is Tetris, specifically the Game Boy version.

• Without sounding like a teachers pet, Bloodborne + Old Hunters is a legit 10. Ocarina of Time (on the 3ds) would be my other.

I love how both games have complete different approaches to their level 1. Kokiri Forest is peaceful and upbeat. The Deku Tree has no moving enemies (excluding the boss) and the puzzles are usually one or two steps. It eases you into combat and puzzle solving, and feels very appropriate both because you as the character are a child beginning your adventure, and you as the player are new to the game. This all makes the change in tone when you become an adult is so impactful because the game had already established a simpler time. It makes you feel nostalgic for the beginning of the game in a very powerful way.

Bloodborne is on the complete opposite side. "Don't think too hard about all of this, just go out and kill a few beasts". The game's only instruction, a message to both the player and the character as you dive head first into this terrible, lycanthropic world. You aren't given any time to think about why this is all happening, only given time to be terrified and stressed. It throws you in with giant groups of patrolling enemies, very challenging werewolves that cannot be separated, and very challenging first boss. It makes you prove that you want to go on this adventure. And then when you return, maybe to explore or to collect blood viles, you'll feel a huge sense of progression in characters power, and in your own skill.

Of course these games are so much more then their first levels. Both games match player motivation and character motivation perfectly. They aren't afraid to frustrate, or to bore you. They halt your progression so you will explore their world and stumble upon it's many secrets. Then when you finally succeed, you feel proud and accomplished. I really feel like when I left these games, I was a better person than when I began.

• I'll do one from each Nintendo console/handheld:

NES: Gimmick!
    Gameboy: Kirby's Dream Land 2
    SNES: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    Nintendo 64: Mischief Makers
    Game Boy Color: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages+Seasons (They're basically one big game.)
    Game Boy Advance: Wario Land 4
    Nintendo GameCube: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
    Nintendo DS: Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
    Nintendo 3DS: Rune Factory 4
    Wii U: Bayonetta 2

Tried to go for games nobody else has named yet. The Wii was the absolute hardest, but I'm confident in that pick. Sorry nothing weird like Virtual Boy. I've never had the chance to play one, and I sort of doubt there's a single 10 on that system.

• I think it's interesting to see different approaches to what constitutes a 10 out of 10.
    Some people go with a personal 10, so a game they love.
    Some go with a more technical idea.

It's fun to see.

Mario Bros 3
    Mass Effect 2
    Katamari Damacy
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Persona 4

Those are probably the only ones that are personal favorites as well as what I think are amazing games.

• The Last of Us
    Mass Effect 2
    Super Mario World
    A Link to the Past
    Persona 4 Golden

and

Witcher 3 on a second opinion

• Global Moderator

Final Fantasy IX for sure, one of my favourite games of all time

Mass Effect 2, amazing game, amazing story, amazing characters
    Burnout 3: Takedown, such a good racing game, lots of love
    The Last of Us, game that made me laugh, cry and sweat.
    World of Warcraft (vanilla - WotlK), spending over 300 days playtime... must mean something

I must also add: Zone of Enders 2. Amazing game which I have played over and over and over again.

• Oof, tough question. Obviously Last of Us, Halo, and Zelda are up at the top of my list, but just to be different...

I personally would have to go with Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber.

I suppose I'd have to admit that it's not a true 10 in the objective sense, but it's one of the most engaging games I've ever played. Also a serious nostalgia-blast.

• The Witness.

• Super Mario World
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Chrono Trigger

you know, the usual suspects

• The World Ends With You
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
    GI JOE The Atlantis Factor
    Illbleed
    Parasite Eve
    Resident Evil 3 and 5

Those are a few games that I consider to be a 10 out of 10. Nothing that came out recently really grabs me as much as I would have hoped.

• Half Life 2: An incredibly innovative first person shooter, and Valve's finest work as a game company.

The Last of Us: An emotional tale that had everyone living in my house at the time hooked. I would wait for my friends to get home from work so we could all experience it together.

Pokemon Red: No, this is not a perfect game, but it was in my opinino the first handheld RPG that really got it right, and it spawned an IP that still thrives 20 years later.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Yes, KOTOR 2, not 1. For me, with the bugs now fixed, this game outshines the original. It's a story that you can't get anywhere else in the Star Wars universe, and one that will stick with me forever.

The Witcher 3: To me, the fact that The Witcher 3 truly makes me feel like I am Geralt inhabiting this world (due to the amazing storytelling, powerful visuals and atmosphere, and great dialogue) trumps the fact that the game play is not perfect.

Halo: The console shooter perfected. In 2001, this was the most fun you could have shooting your friends on a console. Also, amazing campaign with infinite replayability.

• There are a few games I'd give a 10/10.

A few that come to mind;

• Metroid Prime
    • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    • Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Mario Kart 8
    • Super Mario 3d World
    • Super Smash Bros 4
    • Rayman Legends
    • Resident Evil REmake
    • Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (a fairly personal one)
    • Tomb Raider Anniversary (another fairly personal one)