Games you consider 10/10.

• Oof, tough question. Obviously Last of Us, Halo, and Zelda are up at the top of my list, but just to be different...

I personally would have to go with Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber.

I suppose I'd have to admit that it's not a true 10 in the objective sense, but it's one of the most engaging games I've ever played. Also a serious nostalgia-blast.

• The Witness.

• Super Mario World
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Chrono Trigger

you know, the usual suspects

• The World Ends With You
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
    GI JOE The Atlantis Factor
    Illbleed
    Parasite Eve
    Resident Evil 3 and 5

Those are a few games that I consider to be a 10 out of 10. Nothing that came out recently really grabs me as much as I would have hoped.

• Half Life 2: An incredibly innovative first person shooter, and Valve's finest work as a game company.

The Last of Us: An emotional tale that had everyone living in my house at the time hooked. I would wait for my friends to get home from work so we could all experience it together.

Pokemon Red: No, this is not a perfect game, but it was in my opinino the first handheld RPG that really got it right, and it spawned an IP that still thrives 20 years later.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Yes, KOTOR 2, not 1. For me, with the bugs now fixed, this game outshines the original. It's a story that you can't get anywhere else in the Star Wars universe, and one that will stick with me forever.

The Witcher 3: To me, the fact that The Witcher 3 truly makes me feel like I am Geralt inhabiting this world (due to the amazing storytelling, powerful visuals and atmosphere, and great dialogue) trumps the fact that the game play is not perfect.

Halo: The console shooter perfected. In 2001, this was the most fun you could have shooting your friends on a console. Also, amazing campaign with infinite replayability.

• There are a few games I'd give a 10/10.

A few that come to mind;

• Metroid Prime
    • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    • Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Mario Kart 8
    • Super Mario 3d World
    • Super Smash Bros 4
    • Rayman Legends
    • Resident Evil REmake
    • Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (a fairly personal one)
    • Tomb Raider Anniversary (another fairly personal one)

• Resident Evil Remake is the only game I consider 10/10. The game is flawless for me. Although I would give other games 10/10 even if they are not perfect but the overall enjoyment was worth it. Lots of japanese developer games like MGS1 (that card thing was so annoying), Final Fantasy VIII, Megaman X, TLoZ: A Link to the Past, Onimusha 3: Demon's Siege, The Legend of Dragoon, Devil May Cry 3, Shenmue, Dark Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Dragon's Dogma, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Tales of Phantasia, God Hand, Super Mario Bros. 3, Chrono Trigger and so on.
    In other words, if the game was so good that you can forgive minor things. That is a 10/10 game for me(or a 9-9.9 range game if being nitpicky).

• This is tough, but here's my personal list.

• Powerstone: Everything flawless. The controls are on point. Throw, catch, evade all with ease. Fast paced and tense, every fight can be a close one. Full of epic moments. Graphics are clean and vibrant. All of the characters are great. Great unlockables.

• Zelda: A Link to the Past: Love the scope of this game. This game is so well balanced to me. Difficulty is challenging, not too easy or hard. The story isn't too involved, but gets you invested. Loaded with great progression and cool easter eggs. An epic adventure in every sense of the word.

• Mega Man X: Great Action Platformer. Graphics are beautiful and fast. Classic sound effects, great music. Controls like a dream. New upgrades, manning robots, fair difficulty, great level design.
    • Street Fighter II Turbo: Timeless and pure 1 on 1 fighting. Simple enough for newcomers, but that doesn't mean you can't get good at it. The newer ones are a bit too intense for me. Too fast, too many specials. I feel like Turbo had the perfect amount of fighters and the perfect amount of speed.

• I honestly don't consider any game a 10/10. There are really a lot of incredible games, but I often find things that annoy me or things don't hold up years later when I go back to play them. However I will list some of my favorite games regardless. These are what I would consider to be 8s and 9s

Arc the Lad 2
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls 3
    Bloodborne
    Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
    Shadow of Colossus

Man there is so much more too. I can't list them all

• @luckywallace said in Games you consider 10/10.:

• Metroid Prime

Yes.

• Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Yes!

• Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Aww. That's not the "3" I had in mind :/

Nonetheless, I'm glad someone else appreciated Echoes. That game gets anti-hype like no one's buisness (literally "like no one's buisness," as most people condemn it without ever even owning the disc).

• alt text

• @Haru17 said in Games you consider 10/10.:

Nonetheless, I'm glad someone else appreciated Echoes. That game gets anti-hype like no one's buisness (literally "like no one's buisness," as most people condemn it without ever even owning the disc).

• I actually prefer Echoes to the original Prime, it's an amazing game. I loved Aether and the way its environments were more weird & alien than Tallon IV while the dark world and general difficulty bump were also awesome (I think that put a lot of people off).
      Unfortunately the wii-mote controls ruined Metroid Prime 3 for me, I hate them so much that I illiterately can't get through that game. Wish they still had the options to play it with the Gamecube pad.

• Not a lot of games are in my opinion 10/10

Final Fantasy X
    Mass Effect 2
    Dragon Age Origins
    Battlefront 2
    Dragonball Z Budokai 3

• The First 3 Games in the Ace Attorney Series
    Tales of the Abyss
    Tales of Phantasia
    Tales of Legendia
    Tales of Destiny 2 (I'm a huge tales fan as you can see >_>)
    inFAMOUS 1
    Alan Wake
    Undertale
    Journey
    Ni no Kuni
    Bastion

This is all i can think of for now but ill prob update it later. If you like jrpgs I highly recommend you find a way to play all of those tales games I listed. They are the best ones imo.

• @luckywallace said in Games you consider 10/10.:

• I actually prefer Echoes to the original Prime, it's an amazing game. I loved Aether and the way its environments were more weird & alien than Tallon IV while the dark world and general difficulty bump were also awesome (I think that put a lot of people off).
      Unfortunately the wii-mote controls ruined Metroid Prime 3 for me, I hate them so much that I illiterately can't get through that game. Wish they still had the options to play it with the Gamecube pad.

Sorry you couldn't get along with the motion controls. It helped immerse me in the games once I got used to them (Corruption was also the first Metroid I played, renting it back when I was in middle school). But, on the other point, I agree. Retro only got better at crafting unique environments with time.

alt text

Sanctuary Fortress is just such a dope area. The skybox (pictured above) is one of the coolest ever made IMO. This whole sprawling metropolis, the likes of which you've never seen in another Metroid game, dead. This entire futuristic society laid dormant when Aether plunged into an energy crisis and guerrilla war. Stakes.

Not to mention the awesome rivalry of Samus tracking her dark reflection across Aether—her bounty hunting being given the limelight. You don't have to hear her say "No bounties or rewards, this one's personal," because you feel it.

This is why, out of all of the games I love, I would pick Echoes to get a full remake and reimagining. It's just such a weird world that I want to see explored. I want to see the Luminoth's cyber tech in Sanctuary Fortress and their more religious-feeling technology from the Temple. I want to learn about the weird digital-looking plant life in Agon Wastes. And I want to see more hydraulics puzzles in Torvus Bog because, to this day, that is one of the only swamps I have ever enjoyed in a video game.

alt text

That's not to say the original game was terribly flawed, though. Far from it. In fact, you can actually find the husk of a worm the same species as Amorbis (the final boss of Agon Wastes) in the first area of the Wastes! It's a scan and everything. IMO none of the background lore in MP1 was ever this clever. Like, the sheer foreshadowing of that makes my writer bones rattle with jealousy.

• Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Seriously one of the best games I've ever touched.

• I probably give a '10' to way too many games, but here goes:

Gears of War 2
    Vanquish
    Resident Evil Remake
    Super Smash Bros Melee (or any of them, really)
    Super Mario 64
    Bloodborne
    Dead Space 2
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Starcraft
    Psychonauts

...I'll stop there.

• Last of us. The story and atmosphere are the best. As much as I hate the phrase it's the only game I consider to be a true cinematic experience.

Uncharted 2- pretty much same reason. I tend not to play games in long sittings but I played hours of uncharted 2. Stealth, combat, puzzle sloving, bit of platforming. Great characters, great story. It's perfect. Why not uncharted 3? Dont know. Maybe I got too hyped, great game but doesn't beat two.

Pretty much every blizzard game, sorry for being so broad but I really think blizzard deserve it. The Polish they put on their games is insane. Best cinematics around, graphics are not technically the best looking but they work well and still look pretty over all. They have a style. Its a company that knows it's limits and works with them. Their games are constantly being updated, they put more content in free patches then most companies put in "expansions"
    Overwatch best example. Simple game but the detail on the characters, the maps. The ui that jumps up and down with you. I think all their games deserve a ten.

Dawn of war 2. Best strategy game I've ever played. Capturing points rather then destroying bases. Every unit was great. Great setting.

Batman Arkham ashlyum. Alot of work went into this game and it would be harsh not to give them 10/10

• @Ellis said in Games you consider 10/10.:

Pretty much every blizzard game. So for being so broad but I really think blizzard deserve it. The Polish thet put on their games is insane.

alt text

?

• @Haru17 sorry trying to text on my phone at work. Typos all over the place