Games you consider 10/10.

• The First 3 Games in the Ace Attorney Series
    Tales of the Abyss
    Tales of Phantasia
    Tales of Legendia
    Tales of Destiny 2 (I'm a huge tales fan as you can see >_>)
    inFAMOUS 1
    Alan Wake
    Undertale
    Journey
    Ni no Kuni
    Bastion

This is all i can think of for now but ill prob update it later. If you like jrpgs I highly recommend you find a way to play all of those tales games I listed. They are the best ones imo.

• @luckywallace said in Games you consider 10/10.:

• I actually prefer Echoes to the original Prime, it's an amazing game. I loved Aether and the way its environments were more weird & alien than Tallon IV while the dark world and general difficulty bump were also awesome (I think that put a lot of people off).
      Unfortunately the wii-mote controls ruined Metroid Prime 3 for me, I hate them so much that I illiterately can't get through that game. Wish they still had the options to play it with the Gamecube pad.

Sorry you couldn't get along with the motion controls. It helped immerse me in the games once I got used to them (Corruption was also the first Metroid I played, renting it back when I was in middle school). But, on the other point, I agree. Retro only got better at crafting unique environments with time.

alt text

Sanctuary Fortress is just such a dope area. The skybox (pictured above) is one of the coolest ever made IMO. This whole sprawling metropolis, the likes of which you've never seen in another Metroid game, dead. This entire futuristic society laid dormant when Aether plunged into an energy crisis and guerrilla war. Stakes.

Not to mention the awesome rivalry of Samus tracking her dark reflection across Aether—her bounty hunting being given the limelight. You don't have to hear her say "No bounties or rewards, this one's personal," because you feel it.

This is why, out of all of the games I love, I would pick Echoes to get a full remake and reimagining. It's just such a weird world that I want to see explored. I want to see the Luminoth's cyber tech in Sanctuary Fortress and their more religious-feeling technology from the Temple. I want to learn about the weird digital-looking plant life in Agon Wastes. And I want to see more hydraulics puzzles in Torvus Bog because, to this day, that is one of the only swamps I have ever enjoyed in a video game.

alt text

That's not to say the original game was terribly flawed, though. Far from it. In fact, you can actually find the husk of a worm the same species as Amorbis (the final boss of Agon Wastes) in the first area of the Wastes! It's a scan and everything. IMO none of the background lore in MP1 was ever this clever. Like, the sheer foreshadowing of that makes my writer bones rattle with jealousy.

• Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Seriously one of the best games I've ever touched.

• I probably give a '10' to way too many games, but here goes:

Gears of War 2
    Vanquish
    Resident Evil Remake
    Super Smash Bros Melee (or any of them, really)
    Super Mario 64
    Bloodborne
    Dead Space 2
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Starcraft
    Psychonauts

...I'll stop there.

• Last of us. The story and atmosphere are the best. As much as I hate the phrase it's the only game I consider to be a true cinematic experience.

Uncharted 2- pretty much same reason. I tend not to play games in long sittings but I played hours of uncharted 2. Stealth, combat, puzzle sloving, bit of platforming. Great characters, great story. It's perfect. Why not uncharted 3? Dont know. Maybe I got too hyped, great game but doesn't beat two.

Pretty much every blizzard game, sorry for being so broad but I really think blizzard deserve it. The Polish they put on their games is insane. Best cinematics around, graphics are not technically the best looking but they work well and still look pretty over all. They have a style. Its a company that knows it's limits and works with them. Their games are constantly being updated, they put more content in free patches then most companies put in "expansions"
    Overwatch best example. Simple game but the detail on the characters, the maps. The ui that jumps up and down with you. I think all their games deserve a ten.

Dawn of war 2. Best strategy game I've ever played. Capturing points rather then destroying bases. Every unit was great. Great setting.

Batman Arkham ashlyum. Alot of work went into this game and it would be harsh not to give them 10/10

• @Ellis said in Games you consider 10/10.:

Pretty much every blizzard game. So for being so broad but I really think blizzard deserve it. The Polish thet put on their games is insane.

alt text

?

• @Haru17 sorry trying to text on my phone at work. Typos all over the place

• @Haru17 said in Games you consider 10/10.:

@luckywallace said in Games you consider 10/10.:

• I actually prefer Echoes to the original Prime, it's an amazing game. I loved Aether and the way its environments were more weird & alien than Tallon IV while the dark world and general difficulty bump were also awesome (I think that put a lot of people off).
      Unfortunately the wii-mote controls ruined Metroid Prime 3 for me, I hate them so much that I illiterately can't get through that game. Wish they still had the options to play it with the Gamecube pad.

Sorry you couldn't get along with the motion controls. It helped immerse me in the games once I got used to them (Corruption was also the first Metroid I played, renting it back when I was in middle school). But, on the other point, I agree. Retro only got better at crafting unique environments with time.

Sanctuary Fortress is just such a dope area. The skybox (pictured above) is one of the coolest ever made IMO. This whole sprawling metropolis, the likes of which you've never seen in another Metroid game, dead. This entire futuristic society laid dormant when Aether plunged into an energy crisis and guerrilla war. Stakes.

Not to mention the awesome rivalry of Samus tracking her dark reflection across Aether—her bounty hunting being given the limelight. You don't have to hear her say "No bounties or rewards, this one's personal," because you feel it.

This is why, out of all of the games I love, I would pick Echoes to get a full remake and reimagining. It's just such a weird world that I want to see explored. I want to see the Luminoth's cyber tech in Sanctuary Fortress and their more religious-feeling technology from the Temple. I want to learn about the weird digital-looking plant life in Agon Wastes. And I want to see more hydraulics puzzles in Torvus Bog because, to this day, that is one of the only swamps I have ever enjoyed in a video game.

That's not to say the original game was terribly flawed, though. Far from it. In fact, you can actually find the husk of a worm the same species as Amorbis (the final boss of Agon Wastes) in the first area of the Wastes! It's a scan and everything. IMO none of the background lore in MP1 was ever this clever. Like, the sheer foreshadowing of that makes my writer bones rattle with jealousy.

I totally agree, Prime 2 is still an amazing looking game to this day and the lore of Aether is fantastic. I also love how the world changes as you slowly fix the light world and destroy the dark world. The boss fights are also amazing and hugely inventive. The Spider Guardian, Quadraxis, Dark Samus and the Emperor Ing stand out especially. Masterpiece - in fact it should get 11/10.

• Mother 3 is the only one that comes immediately to mind. Most other games I can't imagine giving the full 10/10 too, 9.9999? Sure, but 10? No.

• Mine would be:

• Mario Galaxy: looks great, sounds great, feels great
    • Metroid Prime: the atmosphere and immersion in this game are just out of this world
    • Elite Beat Agents: I would hate most of the songs normally, but in this game I just couldn't stop rocking out to them. So to me this is one powerful game.

• Link to the Past
    Chrono Trigger
    Journey
    DRAGON WARRIOR 1.
    Portal
    .....uhhhhh no that's good.

• I don't like rating video games because it has a limit and you cant quantify how good a video game is because every experience is different for everyone and every play through is different for each game for me. If I had to give a perfect 10 then the following more than qualify for me personally:

Metal Gear Solid 3 & 4
    Demons Souls and Dark souls 1 only
    ICO/Shadow of the colossus collection
    Final Fantasy XII

I cannot give 10/10 to every game I play as there are a lot I would consider but the above affected me the most in ways others haven't not to say the others were bad. I think you could say I enjoy the others in a different way to how I enjoy the above.

• Not sure if my standards are low, or I just am willing to call games near flawless on my own terms, but I may as well list some of the many I would just give perfect scores to. With this list, I speak only for myself of course.

-Several Zelda games: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, A Link Between Worlds, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons
    -Pokemon Black and White/Black and White 2, Platinum, ORAS
    -Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario 64, Super Mario World
    -Fire Emblem Awakening, and Fates (have played many of the FE games I just happen to like these the most. Just want to make that clear. >.>)
    -Metroid Prime, Fusion, Zero Mission
    -Splatoon
    -Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
    -Halo 3, Reach
    -Super Smash Bros. 4
    -God of War 2
    -Golden Sun, Golden Sun Lost Age
    -Resident Evil 4
    -Pikmin 2
    -Soul Calibur II

I'll stop there, but I know there are so many more games I could give a 10 to.

• Pokémon Red & Blue
    Pokémon Gold & Silver
    Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire
    Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario All-Stars
    Donkey Kong Country
    Golden Sun
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age
    Super Metroid
    Metroid Prime
    GTA: San Andreas
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls III
    Bloodborne
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Portal
    Portal 2
    Bioshock
    Chrono Trigger
    Red Dead Redemption

• Can't wait to play more "10's" in the future!

• Pokemon Gold/Silver
    Paper Mario
    Super Mario World
    Resident Evil 4
    Forza 2

Probably many more like Skyrim or Cod 4

• Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Not saying they're perfect, nothing ever is, but they're the pinnacle of their genre. The best of the best. The cream of the crop. The wheat to everything else's chaff.

I don't think 10/10 means perfect, flawless, I just think it means the best you can realistically get. An outstanding achievement in excellence. And to me, those two games are that. I probably have more I consider 10/10 but I can't really think of any others at this moment. Perfect Dark maybe. But that was my childhood so I might be biased.

Oh, Counter-Strike 1.6 is the pinnacle of FPS gaming and has been for over a decade. 10/10 easy.

• Trick question, 10/10 = 1

• Just two games are 10's for me: Tales of Symphonia and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
    Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions are really close though.