Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture

• Banned

@naltmank CK never trapped anyone. He ASKED them if he could do that. They said YES. So why are they surprised that he did ? Sarah Silverman has said he has asked her too and she said YES and then I think she said she did it too.

• @acidtrip-69 You're taking the story out of context - Silverman isn't the only example here, and she also condemned his actions with other women. She even said that that anecdote was not meant to make excuses for his actions towards other women, although of course it was later taken that way. There were more complex power dynamics at play, which CK himself acknowledged after the fact. If you're going against the idea of Cancel Culture, CK should not be your go-to example of how it's negatively impacting culture.

• Christ I feel like I'm reading the transcript from a Ben Shapiro debate whenever I read one of these posts.

Cancel culture sucks, sure. Want to know what sucks even worse? Rape culture. Racist culture. Toxic culture.

Sure what CK did wasn't against the law, but somehow society failed him and he surrounded himself in a toxic culture that allowed to think that disrobing and masturbating casually infront of female peers is normal. There is a much, much larger discussion to be had there, but that is where we should be focusing our attention, instead of saying people who expose terrible shit people have done are somehow "bad".

• All of your examples are people who did stupid shit and then faced the consequences of their actions. That's not being canceled, that's being held accountable.

Also, sure Louis CK asked for permission, but when a person with power --- the power to end your career --- asks you to do something, it's not as voluntary as it sounds.

• I actually clicked that link and it lead to a Tim cast video.
    Nevermind. You're right. Cancel culture sucks. We should just let people do or say whatever they want without repercussions. People who do or say racist/sexist shit should be rewarded for their bravery and congratulated for being such alphas in a world that wants to oppress poor white men.
    You win.

(I'm so sorry.)

• What's going on with this forum lately. Has something happened to 8chan?

• @paulmci27 Funnily enough, another user here visited 8chan during the whole THQ Nordic AMA debacle and discovered a number of users her also visit that forum.

Theyre exactly who you think they are.

• @el-shmiablo shit I knew using my real name on chat forums would come back to haunt me.

• Banned

A few people sound like they really fell for what their LEFTY professor was selling. It's kind of ok at long as you can see the other sides view as well.
    Oh and in the western culture. There's no such thing as R*** culture, cause that implies that the culture overall is promoting it. Guess what. It DOESN'T, also I'm not saying r*** doesn't happen cuz it does but we try to figure out if the person is guilty or not.

• @acidtrip-69 Why am I not surprised this is coming from someone who has a picture of a 12 year old girl on the front page of his profile.

• @acidtrip-69 Anybody else read this post in Kermit the Frog/Jordan Peterson's voice?

• @paulmci27 Something similar happened on the GameSpot forums, there was a bunch of weird people coming in all of a sudden. I think all the paedophiles, Nazis, misogynous, racist dudes that used to dwell on 8chan are trying to find new places to hang.

• Banned

I'm not even sure why your even bring 8chan into this ? This about speech.

<(@normmacdonald) "

">September 17, 2019

Youtube Video

• This post is deleted!

• Here Acid. Since logic and reason doesn't seem to be working for you, I found a funny little comic that helps explain things.
    It even has a funny little snake!

0_1568738852268_FB_IMG_1568738732090.jpg

• Banned

@el-shmiablo I NEVER said that he Has the RIGHT to be on there. I just wished when they fired people it wasn't for a BS reason. Oh and I don't care AT ALL if jokes offend you or others or your group think. It's ALL free game in comedy.

• You don't care if we think differently from you, but you wish more people thought like you. Seems contradictory.
    If you didnt care AT ALL, then this thread wouldn't exist.

• @acidtrip-69 Why is public racism a "BS" reason for being fired?

• Banned

@tokyoslim I was saying I don't care that people get offend by jokes. I was saying people have the right to say what ever Fucked up thing they want. Social Justice Terrorists don't like it. Their feels don't matter in the eyes of the law. It's sad to see GT to EZA forums have been infatuated with SJT.

• @acidtrip-69 Answer the question.
    Why is public racism a "BS" reason for being fired?