Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture

• Banned

As I guessed it. No matter what I said some people here where going to say snarky junk back any way.
    I guess you guys must be just trying troll me.

• I feel like you're trolling yourself. My question isn't snark, but you will take it that way because you don't want to critically examine your own position.

• Banned

@tokyoslim said in Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture:

I feel like you're trolling yourself. My question isn't snark, but you will take it that way because you don't want to critically examine your own position.

I'm sorry but I know where I stand on this, also I'm not trolling myself. I think I would rather take the word of people that know him personally. The Legion of Skanks guys over any random twitter or forum person and if they say he's a decent person. That's ok with me.

• Cool. Just know that most people here will hold you to a higher standard of discourse than parroting what "The Legion of Skanks" tells you. If that's not to your liking, perhaps you should find a bubble of Skanks to talk to?

• Banned

I think it's funny to hear Bills take on this πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

This is a place to discuss things none gaming, Also I'm not parading anything. If people that know someone for years I think might know a person's character better than random strangers. It's just makes sense to me.

• There's nothing saying that a person can't do something stupid, like saying something racist in public, learn from it and grow up. That's just not what happened here. Maybe he'll figure it out eventually, I just haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

I form opinions on people based on what they actually say and do, not third hand.

• β€œHe was a very nice person. He was the kind of guy you'd want your sister to marry.” - Marlin Lee Vortman (who knew him for years) on Ted Bundy

• Banned

@tokyoslim said in Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture:

β€œHe was a very nice person. He was the kind of guy you'd want your sister to marry.” - Marlin Lee Vortman (who knew him for years) on Ted Bundy

Oh, Ted sounds nice. Maybe YOU should go over to his place and visit him. Ted has a nice ring to it don't you think ? Ted your new brother in law. Tokyo and Ted having a cook out.

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 Ted Bundy is dead.
    For somebody who has literally said "facts don't care about your feelings" you sure do seem to be in your feelings.

• @Acidtrip-69 who's being snarky now? lol

Otherwise known as deflection to completely avoid addressing the point.

• Banned

@tokyoslim Welcome to the Jordan Peterson/Ben Shapiro/Steven Crowder/Conservative method of "polite discourse".

To quote FriendlyJordies:
    "What is with all these guys who say 'facts over feelings' that as soon as the facts don't match their feelings they override it with their feelings?"

Also, I'm just going to leave this her.
    An exerpt from Austin Channing Brown's book "I'm Still Here"

0_1568823217201__20190918_131027.JPG

• Banned

I think we all know the difference between Ralphie doing this edgy set, and the time the guy Kramer lots his mind.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 What does Ralphie May have to do with anything? He isn't trying out for SNL.
    Please try to stay on topic.

• Banned

If any person is having trouble understanding that this THREAD ISN'T just about ONE person. This thread is about a culture and society and comedy.
    It wouldn't surprise me to think or later find out that someone here would be the kind of person to go dressed all in black and yell at a event cuz the place is having a person they don't like and would want to cancel them.

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 If any person is having trouble understanding that deflecting, strawmanning, and various other logical fallacies are not a substitute for actually discussing the topic at hand.

Ralphie May can do that kind of comedy because that is what his audience expects.

Can you please try to address the topics you are bringing up one at a time? Moving on to other topics because you don't have an argument isn't exactly a good way to discuss things.

• I watched both of those the other day, I was in stitches throughout both.

I don't think anything is really changing though. No matter what is put out, there are always a few liberal cry-babies that will take issue. It's unfortunate that they hold a lot of power when it comes to upsetting PR and therefore resulting in some very irrational decisions, but there's little that can be done about that. They are still the minority though and thankfully haven't had any real power yet.

Comedians have always pushed against the influence of PC though and though a few comedians might have deliberately folded to it, I haven't seen it effect the ones that matter. If anything, it seems to have just given them more material to work with. Dave's special highlights something very interesting. The critical reception is actually quite low yet the community puts it at the extreme top, something like 99% positive. Critics are scared of supporting it, the public however have no fear of being brutally honest.

• Mod Warning - @acidtrip-69, stop with conspiracy theory insults about posters in here.

You can make your argument without some nonsense on what you think the type of posters anywhere would do. It doesn't help you.

• Banned

I would like to pose a question for any user to answer:

Is being openly racist a bad reason for not getting a job/getting fired from a job?
    If no, why not? What should be grounds for termination?

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 said in Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture:

This just reminds me on how much I miss MadTv. πŸ˜₯
    That SNL skit wasn't so bad.
    Now I don't care if someone gets fired for legitimate being a racist , but to say edgy jokes make someone racist is BS. They are not the same. It's also makes me think you are a lair and disingenuous. SNL also looks a bit bad not a Lot but bad cuz they have no back bone cuz they bend the knee to twitter mod. That's BS.

I don't buy it that the guy is a racist. He just a edgy comic with a sucky bit that fell on it's face that's it. And SNL bent the knee to twitter. How about we cancel SNL for all the racist bits they have done over the years ? It's the same thing. The Prime minister of Canda were's BLACK FACE 3 times and he blames society And other white people for it cuz he said it was ok in the past. But Megyn Kelly only talks about it in a story she didn't even do it and they FIRE her. Durable standards.

• Nobody is defending Trudeau. You don't get to call his own defence of himself as part of a double-standard.