Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture

• Banned

@tokyoslim I was saying I don't care that people get offend by jokes. I was saying people have the right to say what ever Fucked up thing they want. Social Justice Terrorists don't like it. Their feels don't matter in the eyes of the law. It's sad to see GT to EZA forums have been infatuated with SJT.

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 Answer the question.
    Why is public racism a "BS" reason for being fired?

• @acidtrip-69 You don't care right up until the point where people you disagree with express their opinions. So in other words, only people who think like you should be able to express whatever they want? People who disagree with you should shut up? Nobody is talking "in the eyes of the law". Nobody is facing legal consequences for telling shitty jokes, or spouting racist nonsense on a podcast. Again, you're conflating societal consequences for bad behavior with legal ones. Tell as many shitty racist jokes as you want, don't expect it to appeal to anyone but shitty racists. That's the simple fact of the matter.

@acidtrip-69 said in Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture:

I was saying people have the right to say what ever Fucked up thing they want.

Damn right they do. That includes all the people you are complaining about. That doesn't mean that people are free from the consequences of what they say. That has never been a thing, and it won't and shouldn't be the standard we hold anyone to.

• In all honesty not being hired by SNL is probably the best thing to happen to this guy's career. He's gonna be on Joe Rogan or Fox News within 2 weeks, probably go on a sold out tour of America and maybe even come out with a country album. So much for being cancelled.

• There's a difference between offensive humor and mean-spirited humor, and surprise surprise, racial slurs fall in the latter category. I forget who said this, but someone said that offensive humor only works if the person/people the joke is about find it funny. So, if you make a racially charged joke and it appeals primarily to white people, you've got a problem.

• Banned

Oh wow SNL hires first Asian. They are bit late.
    Theses guys did it better.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Banned

^
    Even MadTV's not so good clips are funnier than SNL.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 Answer the question.
    Why is public racism a "BS" reason for being fired?

I know you are just going to continue to avoid this question since you don't have anything resembling a good answer, but hey may as well shoot my shot.

• Banned

This just reminds me on how much I miss MadTv. πŸ˜₯
    That SNL skit wasn't so bad.
    Now I don't care if someone gets fired for legitimate being a racist , but to say edgy jokes make someone racist is BS. They are not the same. It's also makes me think you are a lair and disingenuous. SNL also looks a bit bad not a Lot but bad cuz they have no back bone cuz they bend the knee to twitter mod. That's BS.

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 Guess I was right. You didn't have anything resembling a good answer.
    But hey thanks for finally answering the question anyway. You've already done more than most.

• What's it mean to be a legitimate racist if saying racist things doesn't qualify?

• Banned

@tokyoslim IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO

• Jokes aside, that is pretty much the alt-right's strategy for delegitimizing racism. Saying vile things disguised as jokes so that they can blame it on those offended and avoid accountability.

• Banned

As I guessed it. No matter what I said some people here where going to say snarky junk back any way.
    I guess you guys must be just trying troll me.

• I feel like you're trolling yourself. My question isn't snark, but you will take it that way because you don't want to critically examine your own position.

• Banned

@tokyoslim said in Comedy is COMING Back/ Cancel Culture:

I feel like you're trolling yourself. My question isn't snark, but you will take it that way because you don't want to critically examine your own position.

I'm sorry but I know where I stand on this, also I'm not trolling myself. I think I would rather take the word of people that know him personally. The Legion of Skanks guys over any random twitter or forum person and if they say he's a decent person. That's ok with me.

• Cool. Just know that most people here will hold you to a higher standard of discourse than parroting what "The Legion of Skanks" tells you. If that's not to your liking, perhaps you should find a bubble of Skanks to talk to?

• Banned

I think it's funny to hear Bills take on this πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

This is a place to discuss things none gaming, Also I'm not parading anything. If people that know someone for years I think might know a person's character better than random strangers. It's just makes sense to me.

• There's nothing saying that a person can't do something stupid, like saying something racist in public, learn from it and grow up. That's just not what happened here. Maybe he'll figure it out eventually, I just haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

I form opinions on people based on what they actually say and do, not third hand.

• β€œHe was a very nice person. He was the kind of guy you'd want your sister to marry.” - Marlin Lee Vortman (who knew him for years) on Ted Bundy