The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2012!

• While Gravity Rush doesn't initially do it for me, I do like the locales and some gameplay I've seen. But more importantly, I don't believe there is a better mascot for the Vita than Gravity Rush:

A (mostly in mainstream sense) overlooked, high-quality title that has a dedicated fan base and was one of the few games that probably was the strongest for the system (a.k.a., outside of the brand names of Uncharted and the like, I see this game as a Vita seller at the time).

• I would've liked to get to know Gravity Rush, but I checked some reviews and videos beforehand and the movement and the world turning around all the time made my head spin too much. I kinda got the sense very quickly that I wouldn't sadly have good time with the game because of those aspects. Which are actually its whole gimmick, pretty much. :/

• I want to love this game, but unfortunately it makes me motion sick. Still a really cool concept though.

• Journey

#4. Journey - 27 points

Votes

#1: 3 (tokeeffe9, Lotias, naltmank)
    #2: 1 (SunPraiser)
    #3: 1 (Capnbobamous)
    #4: 1 (Ringedwithtile)
    HM: 3 (Hidz, Exist 2 Inspire, Tearju Engi)

Information

Release date: March 13 [US], March 14 [EU]
    Developer: Thatgamecompany
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I like Walking Simulators and I like this game but for some reason it doesn't impress me that much. But I'm glad it got #4.

• I've heard constant praise for Journey and how it will only take two hours, which should be enough for me to give it a go, but I've learned several times over: Don't get a game just because everybody else likes it.

Two hours is nothing really in today's age of live-service, plus I'm pretty sure it's pretty cheap. But I just don't feel the pull for it. Which is a shame, because this games look very good. Also, I THINK this maybe the first time we've had an entry with at least one vote at every spot.

• I remember picking up Journey as I waited for my copy of Blades of Time to arrive. My friend suggested I gave it a go and reassured me that it was a very short game. He wasn't wrong, I finished it well before the post arrived, but it truly was one of the most excruciatingly dull experiences I have experienced with videogames. I didn't like the style, I didn't like the music and the whole thing came across as incredibly pretentious, especially its ending. The worst part though was right towards the end. I was so looking forward to putting it to bed at that point, but it slows the whole thing down to a crawl (literally) as it forces you do fight against the wind approaching the top of the mountain, not fun at all.

It's definitely a game that has stuck in my mind ever since, just sad it wasn't in a positive way.

• The game's beautiful in more than one way and I've played it through a couple of times, but I just never actually "got" the game. Or I mean I get it, but it just doesn't speak to me like to so many others. Flower remains my favourite from thatgamecompany.

• I remember playing this once or twice. It's neat enough but I don't think I could ever consider some little two-hour "experience" GOTY material.

• 4 of my votes haven't surfaced yet and we only have 3 spots left. I wonder which game will not make the cut: The Walking Dead, Mass Effect 3, Dishonored or Dance Central 3...

• Journey did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe because my expectations were too high? I just don't get it, I don't see what about it makes so many people so emotional.

• I’ve never played Journey. I don’t really get the draw. I think I have it free on PSN. Absolutely no desire to play it.

• I didn’t play many new games from 2012 but Journey would have been my GOTY. However, I only played it one time in 2014 when it released on PS4 and I was really stoned.

Those camera angles is what stands out most to me. The silhouette of your silk people sliding down the sand kinda like a side scroller while some amazing music plays.

I really liked this game and believed the hype once it played it 2 years later.

• Im starting to get worried one of my favourite games of all time didn't even make the top 25. I'd be devastated.

• Global Moderator

Journey really blew me away in so many ways. Simple, beautiful music and scenery. I still dreamed of the slide through the sandfall for a long time after I had gone through it. If you havent played it, you should!

• @ffff0 Damn. It sucks Dishonored ain't gonna make it.

Edit: damn autocorrect

• Three spots left. We'll see....

• Dishonored

#3. Dishonored - 34 points

Votes

#1: 3 (E_Zed_Eh_Intern, Brannox, paulmci27)
    #2: 2 (Hidz, Exist 2 Inspire)
    #3: 2 (El Shmiablo, Brandon_Reister)
    #4: 0
    HM: 5 (bam541, Hazz3r, tokeeffe9, Lotias, ffff0)

Information

Release date: October 9 [US], October 12 [EU]
    Developer: Arkane Studios
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Genre: Action-adventure, Stealth
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Surely this just means that Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed and Rhythm Heaven Fever are the top two games, and that those beauties weren't shafted hard in this poll.

• @hanabi I have one of those an HM. Not saying which but I hate rhythm games.