EA E3 2016 Conference Discussion Thread

• Hyped to see what the set looks like, if they've set it up!

• @Hoken said in EA E3 2016 Conference Discussion Thread:

Hyped to see what the set looks like, if they've set it up!

The do have it set up. There was a tease in today's Cup of Jones

• @Tsosie ah, haven't seen that yet!

• Here we go!

• SO PUMPED FOR THIS SHOW 6k VIEWERS

• So excited to see the setup. Fancy desk, fancy suits, nice backdrop - only the best for E3.

• EZA currently has more viewers than IGN's pre-show!

• @myfatdad Good! Nothing against IGN but EZA deserves all the views they can get.

• @seppo91 Same here! EZA Hype!

• alt text

• well I'm disappointed.

• That was Horrible. At least it can't get any worse except for the PC show maybe.

• Cannot believe we didn't get more ME:A

Titanfall was amazing though

• I really liked EA's conference, thought it moved at a great pace - sorry. Unlike Brandon I also enjoyed Patrick on the stage talking about Battlefield 1.

• Damn that was pants!

Where was the big coming out party for Mass Effect Andromeda? What was shown looked cool but I still have no real idea what the gameplay improvements are like.

The only other highlights for me were Fe which looks interesting and the Star Wars bit which like the Mass Effect video did not really tell you anything. Although it did get me excited to see more of Visceral's game whenever that will happen.

• That is by far EA's worst E3 conference. No surprises, everything we knew was regurgitated. Why the hell did they even bother talking about Star Wars games? They spewed the same information we already know about!

They totally could've skipped E3 entirely, like what....did they spend their whole budget on celebs to come be on camera?

I don't care what anyone says, Mass Effect Andromeda is NOT coming for at least another year, it'll be at next year's E3 before we even have a remote chance at getting it.

• Worse than the 2015 PC Gaming Show.
    "60 minutes is not enough for what we want to show you" ...so you're not showing us anything?

• Very underwhelming.
    It was especially dissapointing that they didn't even really talk about the upcoming Star Wars games or Mass Effect. Even if you don't really have any real gameplay to show, you can always talk about the games.
    The highlight for me was Titanfall 2.

As for the EZA show I enjoyed the pre and post shows (so keep up the good work EZA!), but now I'm taking a break until the pre show for the Bethesda show (which I'm certain will be much better than EA's show).

• @ZyloWolfBane Exactly. It felt like they are absolutely tone-deaf to what fans want from a E3 conference. It felt overproduced and delivered just WAY too little. My secret hope is that there is more planned for Xbox and Sony conferences and they just couldn't talk about.

The celebrities were kinda weird but I remember hearing about this kind of stuff on some gaming podcast (maybe it was GT back in the day). Traditional and non-gaming press picks up stuff from E3, so when you read in a lifestyle magazine or a newspaper that Zac Efron and Snoop Dogg debuted some game, this might be enough info for somebody's girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband or parents to go out and preorder that game for Christmas. I expect that will soon change and hearing about a game from a Twitch streamer or some esport celebrity will be a lot more exciting

Thoughts? Reactions?

• @marcel Yeah, I hope that Sony has some sort of exclusive right to reveal one of their other games and give us some news. I doubt it, but I still hope.