2K Games Harassed Another Person

• Banned

@iboshow said in 2K Harasses Another Person:

@acidtrip-69 2K has nothing to do with Rockstar

But I think they are the Publisher and they do have " incentive " as they think in a weird way they protecting what they see as theirs.

• Actually 2K is the parent company of Take Two, who in turn is the Parent company of Rockstar . Take Two is more or less allowed to operate without much oversight from thier parent.

Think of it like Disney and Marvel Studios, Marvel is allowed to act with a larger degree of freedom (due to thier immense success) then say Pixar or Lucasfilm, but at the end of the day they do report to 2K

• @dmcmaster Take Two is the parent company of 2k and RockstarGames. 2K was a Sega Studio Take Two bought.

• @iboshow
    Ah, ok, just got them backwards

• As others have said, 2K has nothing to do with Rockstar and their connection is to their parent company Take Two, whereas in this video, this YouTuber keeps referring to 2K Games.

Having watched this video, it’s shoddy reporting and there are information holes that would help me understand this whole thing better.

• It would be useful to know why 2K is trying to contact him at all, considering they don’t publish RDR2.
    • Was he outright ignoring their attempts to contact him?
    • He mentions lawsuits but is this guy specifically being sued?
    • The entire mom story is complete hearsay and might not be true

I think this is missing chunks of info

• Banned

It's doesn't really matter If it's 2K Games or 2K. A publisher or game Developers they shouldn't be sending people to your house or calling your parents. They just be sending legal letters or just say they are going to sue you if they really think you broke the law. Fight it in the courts.

• Yeah its just, in his reporting he keeps saying 2K which kinda leads me to question the validity of this whole thing.

• Banned

@dipset said in 2K Games Harassed Another Person:

Yeah its just, in his reporting he keeps saying 2K which kinda leads me to question the validity of this whole thing.

Wait your saying you don't think there's a chance it might be true because the way he said it ? Some how u
    You don't think Publishers have done some shady things in the past. Now look I wouldn't find it hard to believe that some GIANT company could do some not so good things.

• @acidtrip-69 Imagine the water company calling you why haven't you paid for your electricity

• Banned

@iboshow said in 2K Games Harassed Another Person:

@acidtrip-69 Imagine the water company calling you why haven't you paid for your electricity

It's not exactly the same as that. You know it.

• @acidtrip-69 It's like Pepsi calling you about Doritos.

• Banned

@iboshow said in 2K Games Harassed Another Person:

@acidtrip-69 It's like Pepsi calling you about Doritos.

So it's like Pepsi and Frito Lays cuz I think they merged and they own Doritos and they sent some people to harass you. Yes both are not good.

• @acidtrip-69 PepsiCo owns Pepsi and Doritos. Keep reaching for controversy.

• @iboshow
    That might not work for everyone as my water and electric company are one in the same

• @acidtrip-69 said in 2K Games Harassed Another Person:

@dipset said in 2K Games Harassed Another Person:

Yeah its just, in his reporting he keeps saying 2K which kinda leads me to question the validity of this whole thing.

Wait your saying you don't think there's a chance it might be true because the way he said it ? Some how u
    You don't think Publishers have done some shady things in the past. Now look I wouldn't find it hard to believe that some GIANT company could do some not so good things.

No, what I am saying is that if this "reporter" was professional, he would have spent a considerable amount of time practicing due diligence to ensure what he's reporting on is anything more than hearsay. How do we even know those text messages to his mother are true? Did he reach out to 2K games for a statement?

He mentions 2K is suing people, but who? How does that relate to the story about harassment? You can't just make statements without providing the full picture. I have more questions than answers from this video.

And to answer you, YES, I absolutely do think publishers have done shady things in the past. I think publishers probably do a lot of underhanded tactics to make sure there isn't any negativity around their products. That doesn't necessarily mean that this person saying his mom was harassed is telling the truth.

I found this article that corroborates what the YouTube video mentioned where Take-Two sent investigators to a YouTubers house: https://kotaku.com/take-two-sends-investigators-to-youtuber-s-house-to-cra-1837044476

Do I think its justified? No, not necessarily. They already eliminated his YouTube channel and took out his Discord channel. They could have sent him a cease and desist letter which, I think, would entirely stop him from leaking trade secrets.

The thing is, I don't know the legality around leaking things. My assumption is that if, say, Kotaku leaked the same things about Borderlands 3, they wouldn't have sent investigators to Gawker Media as Gawker has a gigantic legal team whereas a YouTuber doesn't. So is Take-Two using underhanded tactics, perhaps... but does that make this YouTuber's reporting sound? - no absolutely not.

Again, in that Kotaku article they did their due diligence: they contacted the victim for a statement, they contacted 2K for a statement. The victim didn't respond, 2K did; and 2K claims the victim is entirely misrepresenting the situation. Which then becomes misinterpreted by other YouTube "reporters" until there is an unhealthy amount of angry and misinformed people.

• Banned

@dipset ok, that sounds fine to me. Yes they should just have sent a letter.
    But the guy still has right to talk about it cuz freedom of the press, but I do think cuz he wouldn't have the resources to high the legal battle in court.