Out of Left Field E3 Wishes 2020

• I’d love for us to all sleep on an EA E3 press conference (as we should) but they have this press conference full of haymakers that show a return to form:

• EA Canada is making Fight Night Champion 2. It’s a perfect mix of physics, animation, simulation, and video gamey stuff. New Legacy mode, new Story mode, an updated roster of legends AND newer fighters.

• Blackbox is back in some capacity: Skate 4 looks groundbreaking. Open world sandbox, can film skate videos, they can be rated by the public, you can form real skate teams with people online, work to sell videos and merch to grow as a skate team. Some really out there ambitious stuff.

• Skate 4 battle royal. Open world map, 100 players. You must do a trick every 20 seconds. If you bail, you’re out. Last rider wins.

• Need For Speed (sim racer) with the typical EA single player story but done well. You come up as a Kart racer when you’re like 10 years old and finish off as a professional GT driver.

Basically, just EA blowing everybody out of the water and going to unexpected places with their existing franchises.

• Wait what?
    Just remembered what thread I'm on

• @dipset

3rd one is one of the most bizarre ideas I've ever heard. Ahaha. Interesting.

• @scotty

Spit balling here. But I'd love for EA to just make games again. Not like one high budget crumby game per year.

• @dipset As someone that loves combat sports and MMA I'm glad EA got their shot at making UFC games, at this point with three titles I just don't think they are capable of making the UFC/MMA game I want. I'd love for them to go back to Fight Night, now that's a combat sport they perfected with FN Champion. I still keep my PS3 hooked up just so I can do a couple matches in FN Champ, id be in just for a port of it on PS4.

• @themarcv

Yeah man totally. I still play Legacy mode time to time. It’s a fantastic game. I also love MMA but it translates awfully to a video game. The boxing aspects of the UFC games feel really bad yet it’s perfect in Fight Night. I don’t like the games at all. I’m sure they sell better, but they aren’t better games.

Maybe if they threw a huge superstar on the cover like Tyson Fury then have him virtually fighting Mike Tyson, it’ll spark interest and sales without the game going the route of corporate sponsorship.

It’s my understanding EA Canada is HUGE but they’re forced to make annual games with NHL getting a shoestring budget. I doubt they’d have resources for Fight Night Champion, but a man can dream.

• @dipset Yeah, sadly boxing doesn't seem as widely popular as UFC but there are some HW that are gaining popularity, like you mention Tyson Fury. Could easily see a Tyson vs Tyson cover.

MMA was always going to be extremely hard to convert into a video game accurately. EA got multiple stabs at it and it just never panned out. I thought they did an okay job with the striking but grappling will always be the white whale. That being said they really nailed boxing with FN Champion and they also had a fantastic story mode. I'd be day one for a new FN game, or hell I'd love a kickboxing game but there's even less mass appeal there.

• @dipset

You and me both. I can't remember the last game that got everbody HYPED from EA.

• @scotty
    Mass Effect Andromeda?

But I agree with the general sentiment, I do wish EA would release more games in general especially since they only release like 4 games a year roughly
    Madden, Fifa , NHL, Battlefield/ Battlefront ,And a wild card game or two. (Fallen Order and NFS:Heat this year)

Hell speaking of NFS I'm surprised it's still getting new releases while Criterion just assist on other stuff, leaving Burnout to rust away. I get NFS as a brand, but Burnout has one cost saving advantage that someone at EA seems to have forgotten about, they don't have to get the license from various car manufacturers.

• New Burnout!

• @anonfriction
    Legit I'd kill for a new Burnout, or remasters of 3-Dominator. Actually while there at it remasters of Skate, Mass Effect, Dead Space+Dante's Inferno (because why not). I mean if EA can't make good games now, maybe some remasters of the good ones will tide people over, or make someone at EA go "Fuck I forgot we shut that studio"

• @dmcmaster said in Out of Left Field E3 Wishes 2020:

Mass Effect Andromeda?

I completely forgot about that. Maybe for the best...

• @scotty

EA sure forgot about it quick.

• Banned

@dmcmaster said in Out of Left Field E3 Wishes 2020:

@anonfriction
    Legit I'd kill for a new Burnout, or remasters of 3-Dominator. Actually while there at it remasters of Skate, Mass Effect, Dead Space+Dante's Inferno (because why not). I mean if EA can't make good games now, maybe some remasters of the good ones will tide people over, or make someone at EA go "Fuck I forgot we shut that studio"

I would also love remaster of all those, not sure about remake cuz EA might want to add micro transactions loot boxes. They can't stop.

• Half Life 3 Confirmed

• Banned

@yoshi said in Out of Left Field E3 Wishes 2020:

Half Life 3 Confirmed

alt text

Wow can't wait. But I might be dead by then.

• Banned

@acidtrip-69 said in Out of Left Field E3 Wishes 2020:

@yoshi said in Out of Left Field E3 Wishes 2020:

Half Life 3 Confirmed
    alt text

Wow can't wait. But I might be dead by then.

• Consider this a E3 and D23 wish
    Marvel vs Capcom 4 and a animated Marvel vs Capcom tv show.
    60 characters at release (50/50 split)
    4 button combat (MvC2/MvC:I style)
    The ability to pick your number of fighters (1 fighter with 2 stones, 2 fighters with 1 stone, 3 fighters and no stones)
    Special Hyper Combos based on who you have in your team (think the Winter Soldier/ Captain America hyper combo from MvC:I)
    Cell shaded visuals where everything looks like a moving comic book
    A campaign that pays homage to the Capcom Vs history (starts at X-Men vs Street Fighter, ends with an altered MvC1 type thing)
    Asura vs Glactus (because why the fuck not)
    At least 3-4 special intros and outros per character combination

As for the show, have it do it's own thing but make it big like say a 14 one hour episodes, at least for the first season. And personally would love to see Animation done by Studio Bones or UFOTABLE