EZA curates October games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• I'm really hyped for CoD Modern Warfare after checking out the betas it had. I don't know if the singleplayer campaign will be good, but I'm already sold on the multiplayer stuff. I really can't stress it enough, it's the best FPS experience I had with a gamepad in terms of how it feels and controls.

Youtube Video

There's also the story trailer, but I don't think it's a great trailer lol.

I'm also looking forward to MediEvil. Watching the Allies watch the demo sold me on it, it looks great visually and the gameplay looks a lot like the PS1 original (which is what I wanted it to be).

Youtube Video

• Trails of Cold Steel III

The long awaited third (but not last) entry to this arc of the Legend of Heroes. I find it a great shame it was never made for Vita as well, but we get what we can get I guess.

Youtube Video

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout

The next entry for the Atelier series. Looks as good as ever to me. Two in one year though? (three actually if you count Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists) I can't keep up ^^

Youtube Video

That's it for me this month.

• Trails of coldsteel 3 baby

• So much more "that's it for me" ^^

I grabbed a copy of the YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World remake this morning. It's a visual novel, but with some investigation mechanics in there as well. The game has you travelling between parallel worlds to solve the mystery of your parents' disappearance and it uses a system that allows you to retrace your steps and re-enter alternative universes to alter the way the story branches; a bit like Radiant Historia I would presume.

I personally grabbed the Switch version for two reasons: I wanted to boost my switch collection and I feel it comes with the better bonus, an 8-bit mini game as opposed to the PS4's poster thingy.

Youtube Video

• @sheria Oh hey, I remember mildly enjoying YU-NO back in the day.
    0_1570820424888_Kazamori-gif-un-go-38415662-500-281.gif

The joke is anime titles are often stupidly similar. I've never seen anything actually around YU-NO. Funnily enough they're both detective mystery stories by the sound of it.

• That's why they need to make the full title 12 words long. ^^

In hindsight, I wish I'd asked the cashier if they had it, instead of picking it up from the shelf myself. "Hi Sir, do you by any chance have a copy of Yu-No, a girl who chants love at the bound of this world in stock?"

• PC players should check out Disco Elysium. The game is quickly gathering a lot of praise everywhere I see or hear of it. A unique detective RPG. Currently 91 at OpenCritic. I don't think EZA will touch this, but know that for the PC audience there's an early Christmas out there.
    https://opencritic.com/game/8419/disco-elysium

"Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being."

• Valfaris is a sweet looking, heavy metal themed run 'n gun that released this month. I hadn't even heard of it until today, but it is from the same team as Slain: Back From Hell.

Youtube Video

• Return of the Obra Dinn is out today on consoles, last year's PC indie darling from Lucas Pope. Practically everyone who played it I've heard praising it, so I bought it immediately on PS4 now (23,95 €).

• @chocobop

I played the demo when it came out and it's a no from me. I didn't even try to finish demo which I usually don't do.

• My roommate owes me for buying a new Samsung QLED so he’s buying COD Modern Warfare for PS4 Pro while I buy The Outer Worldson PC.

I feel deep down that COD MW is going to be a top 10 game of the decade. It looks fantastic and a perfect blend between strategy and fast paced chaos. The single play seemed better before I got those cheesy preview cinematic but the gameplay scenarios sound fantastic.

Here is to hoping. I wish Modern Warfare the best. I think it’s gonna be a classic.