EZA curates October games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for examining the new games of October! Share your personal picks, interesting curios, and not quite there possibles...

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list (or a swanky desire index) of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Thread concept:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple text lists of upcoming games:

Feel free to post other lists or list videos of upcoming releases that you find useful.

• Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• Youtube Video

The Outer Worlds - October 25th

I have been eagerly awaiting this game all year. I really enjoy the Bethesda style RPG games. As long as they don't make them online only and multiplayer. It probably won't be a game for everyone but I have full confidence that I will like this game.

• Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered - October 4th
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters:_The_Video_Game

The Ghostbusters game from ten years ago gets a remastered version this Friday, and I'm in! Sadly missed this in 2009 but heard so much good about the game. It's basically like a third movie that never happened to the original two. All the actors are involved with their voices and likenesses etc. Lots of favourable reviews back then, likely/hopefully now as well. The game'll cost 30 €, half the price.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered - Reveal Trailer | PS4
    Youtube Video

• I'm really hyped for CoD Modern Warfare after checking out the betas it had. I don't know if the singleplayer campaign will be good, but I'm already sold on the multiplayer stuff. I really can't stress it enough, it's the best FPS experience I had with a gamepad in terms of how it feels and controls.

Youtube Video

There's also the story trailer, but I don't think it's a great trailer lol.

I'm also looking forward to MediEvil. Watching the Allies watch the demo sold me on it, it looks great visually and the gameplay looks a lot like the PS1 original (which is what I wanted it to be).

Youtube Video

• Trails of Cold Steel III

The long awaited third (but not last) entry to this arc of the Legend of Heroes. I find it a great shame it was never made for Vita as well, but we get what we can get I guess.

Youtube Video

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout

The next entry for the Atelier series. Looks as good as ever to me. Two in one year though? (three actually if you count Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists) I can't keep up ^^

Youtube Video

That's it for me this month.

• Trails of coldsteel 3 baby

• So much more "that's it for me" ^^

I grabbed a copy of the YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World remake this morning. It's a visual novel, but with some investigation mechanics in there as well. The game has you travelling between parallel worlds to solve the mystery of your parents' disappearance and it uses a system that allows you to retrace your steps and re-enter alternative universes to alter the way the story branches; a bit like Radiant Historia I would presume.

I personally grabbed the Switch version for two reasons: I wanted to boost my switch collection and I feel it comes with the better bonus, an 8-bit mini game as opposed to the PS4's poster thingy.

Youtube Video

• @sheria Oh hey, I remember mildly enjoying YU-NO back in the day.
    0_1570820424888_Kazamori-gif-un-go-38415662-500-281.gif

The joke is anime titles are often stupidly similar. I've never seen anything actually around YU-NO. Funnily enough they're both detective mystery stories by the sound of it.

• That's why they need to make the full title 12 words long. ^^

In hindsight, I wish I'd asked the cashier if they had it, instead of picking it up from the shelf myself. "Hi Sir, do you by any chance have a copy of Yu-No, a girl who chants love at the bound of this world in stock?"

• PC players should check out Disco Elysium. The game is quickly gathering a lot of praise everywhere I see or hear of it. A unique detective RPG. Currently 91 at OpenCritic. I don't think EZA will touch this, but know that for the PC audience there's an early Christmas out there.
    https://opencritic.com/game/8419/disco-elysium

"Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being."

• Valfaris is a sweet looking, heavy metal themed run 'n gun that released this month. I hadn't even heard of it until today, but it is from the same team as Slain: Back From Hell.

Youtube Video

• Return of the Obra Dinn is out today on consoles, last year's PC indie darling from Lucas Pope. Practically everyone who played it I've heard praising it, so I bought it immediately on PS4 now (23,95 €).

• @chocobop

I played the demo when it came out and it's a no from me. I didn't even try to finish demo which I usually don't do.

• My roommate owes me for buying a new Samsung QLED so he’s buying COD Modern Warfare for PS4 Pro while I buy The Outer Worldson PC.

I feel deep down that COD MW is going to be a top 10 game of the decade. It looks fantastic and a perfect blend between strategy and fast paced chaos. The single play seemed better before I got those cheesy preview cinematic but the gameplay scenarios sound fantastic.

Here is to hoping. I wish Modern Warfare the best. I think it’s gonna be a classic.