Tread into Shadowgate, the Living Castle - Let's Play the Shadowgate Remake!

• I need to get caught up, but I'm really enjoying seeing the similarities between this and the original (which I still have my cart for). I forked out my allowance for the strategy guide and ended up beating the game before it arrived.

• It is pretty cool how the scenes from the original get represented in the remake with a different flair. I think many rooms in Shadowgate also just have a way of being very iconic, where they seem to stick in your memory really well even if you haven't thought about the game for a long time. Seeing one of those classic rooms being remade tends to make the iconic-ness stand out.

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 6! Expect musings on my favorite music track from this game, having a laborious pumpkin conclusion, observing the distinct fashion we open scrolls, and the simple joy of snowy ambience.

Youtube Video

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 7! Expect musings on how important our shield is to our mental state, trying to remember difficulty differences, listening intently at background instruments, and offering a methodical technique to save turns.

Youtube Video

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 8! Expect goblin fisticuffs, foraging foodstuffs from the bottom of well, and coming to terms that everything in Shadowgate is dirty and/or stinky.

Youtube Video

• A word about my comments at the end of this episode: The next episode (planned for Nov 1st) is going to purely reading through the books on the library shelf, plus picking up/examining the 3 or so books we left on the desks. Some of the books on the shelf give puzzle clues and plot-specific lore, although it isn't very much and I'll reference those clues as they seem relevant to future puzzles.

The other books -- the vast majority -- contain odd-ball in-universe fiction, irrelevant lore (e.g., distant lands or events never connected to the game), plus a few jokes and references to other media.

I am keen to include this episode in its entirety for those who will find it enjoyable, but you aren't missing much if you want to jump from episode 8 to episode 10.

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 9! Our dedicated book reading episode.

Youtube Video

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 10! Expect appreciation of more delightful music tracks, Jair to disregard the Marquess of Queensberry Rules, finding a loop-around shortcut, and evidence of a spider who doesn't give a crap.

Youtube Video

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 11! Expect musings on having every kind of long metal stick, getting real tired of our one useless key, and wondering "how could there be distinct-looking darkness that is distinguishable from any other darkness?"

Youtube Video

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 12! Expect musings on acquiring a mess of keys and spells, assigning a pet name for the left tower, appreciating good descriptive writing, and holding a moment to identify the instruments in the soft music.

Let's Play Shadowgate episode 12, The Initiation into the Circle of Twelve:
    Youtube Video

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 13! Expect musings on letters that are shaped like a 'W', hugging dragons, marveling at a beckoning vista, and getting a very patient description of your garden variety sitting implement.

Let's Play Shadowgate episode 13, Lakmir's Study, Throne Room, and Greeting a Wyvern
    Youtube Video

• Let's Play Shadowgate episode 14! Expect musings on every room being a wizard's study, really not liking one particular rock, struggling to name a light grayish/green color, questioning the usefulness of our one shortcut, and feeling pretty darn sure we should have cured the banshee's curse by now.

Let's Play Shadowgate episode 14: The Hidden Room, Fire Elemental, and a New Riddle
    Youtube Video