Do you love Overwatch? then don't play the competitive mode!

• I played about 15 competitive matches the first week it was released and I really did not enjoy myself. Most of my losses were due to people on my team dropping out early and I had one match with a "general of war", someone telling all of us what to do while he continued to rush off the map as Rhinehardt. My buddy and I decided to play last night and we had an absolute blast. We were in party chat so we definitely failed in the communication front (we're heathens!) but we still meshed well with our teams and just kept winning. We did suffer two losses due to the sudden death coin flip, so I'm glad that's out next season, but I'll say the competitive has gotten a little better than when it first launched. The mindset that is really making me have a better time is realizing in the grand scheme of things, my rank doesn't change anything in my life. That's allowed me to play more freely and enjoy competitive mode more - not having to deal with hero stacking is a blessing. Plus, Zen's buffs are making him an absolute monster right now.

• @BabyfartsMcgeezaks Again i have no one to play with and i think the simple commands the gives you is more than enough to communicate, also the game should not allow any one below level 40 to play competitive it's not a place to play characters you suck at using, choosing Genji when he is the most difficult character to use and even choosing him on defense is just infuriating! also i hope Blizzard tells people about nerfs in game cause some people still think using Torbjorn's turret and Molten core is still OP.

• Banned

@Waleed_WSF88 Tough break then, that's how you get the best experience. The game is filled with unbelievably shitty players, that's why I never que solo because I know I'll just get so mad at my team that I rage quit.

• @Waleed_WSF88 I'd argue that Ana's difficulty is up there with Genji. Right now they're both picked extremely frequently.

• @Stormcrownn Oh don't get me started on Ana players......You are a sniper/healer character and not a DPS one so stay at the back and don't charge forward like an idiot!

• @Waleed_WSF88 I've played FPS on PC for 10+ years, and when I play Ana I have some difficulty trying to snipe my own tracer/genji to heal them. They always notice im trying, and then stand still for me.

Its embarrassing. I don't try to knock people for trying them in quick play, that's what its for.

• @Stormcrownn Yeah that's what quick play is for, if you want to try/master a character.

• Global Moderator

This is how every competitive team game ends up. Verbal communication (beyond the in-game commands) is actually very important in these situations and if teammates are willing to listen to suggestions like switching heroes then it can help coming back from a loss. As long as it's not done in a rude way it's usually effective.

Also it sounds like you might be on console? I'm pretty sure there are threads on the forums for connecting with other Easy Allies fans to play together. Also I've seen people posting on the discord looking for people to play with. Maybe try looking into those avenues, playing with a bunch of them, and finding the ones you mesh well with who are around your skill level.

The rank system is a little out of whack but it is still the first month. Also the amount you gain and lose is dependent on how you as an individual do in the game. If you perform better, you will lose less and earn more. If you perform poorly, you won't gain as much and will lose more points.

@Waleed_WSF88 Here is a link to the thread for exchanging screen names on the forums. And click here for a link to the discord if you aren't already in there. There is a separate Overwatch chat.

• This one of biggest reason why I no longer care for MP. Your entire enjoyment out this type of games is vey heavily depend on other people.

• @Kristen59 Thank you.