Wasteland 3 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

• Youtube Video

Wasteland 3 - Release Date May 19 2020.

Much better trailer than the E3 one.

• Global Moderator

@Shoulderguy The video you posted had been removed from youtube so I just edited in the trailer Gamespot had posted, assuming it was a vid of the trailer from X019 you had up originally.

• This game is getting really high praise.

What drives me crazy is that RPG games, especially cRPG games have become one of my favourite genres over the past so many years and there seems to be classic after classic releasing at a consistently high bar over the past decade. I mean think about the amount of highly regarded RPG games there have been since 2010. The number is substantial.

Yet, I can rarely bring myself to focus on these amazing games after finishing work. I need something more mindless like Call of Duty, and currently Halo. It pains me because I'll sometimes buy a game like The Outer Worlds, and then not finish it because I don't want to put in the work required to fully extract the full extent of the fun.

Now I'm reading the reviews for this game and they are anywhere from mid-80s to 100% and some are regarding this as an instant classic and I want to hop in right now but I still have yet to touch Disco Elysium or finish Divinity Original Sin II. This genre needs to slow down!

0_1598458575024_8981c288-ff25-4f84-a634-3f4899dfe5ab-image.png

https://opencritic.com/game/9140/wasteland-3/reviews

• MSFS, Control DLC, Spiritfarer and now Wasteland 3. The end of August is killing me!

• @dipset said in Wasteland 3 (PC, PS4, Xbox One):

Yet, I can rarely bring myself to focus on these amazing games after finishing work

I adore these ge and a have a similar issue though for me it's often I get sidetracked by another shorter game or leave for too long and don't return.

My current rpg play list is.
    Witcher 3
    Persona 5
    Pathffinder kingmaker
    Pillar of eternity 2
    Xenoblade 1 and 2

All of them are amazing And literally all of those games I have played upwards of 20 hour of at some point haha.

Some praise about wasteland 3 I heard was that it never quiets down its always pulling you along so that might be a bonus and frankly 50 hours is a blessing compared to many of those above.

• @nimbat1003

It took me from late-2016 to mid-2019 to finish The Witcher 3 (I think). I’ve played like 60 hours of Divinity Original Sin II and haven’t finished yet, and I just re-opened a save file of Mass Effect 2 from 2013 and I’m like 30 hours in on Act 2.

These RPG play habits are so annoying because I get sucked in but then I’m hesitant to even start the game again the day after an amazingly fun and rewarding play session because of how much mental energy these games can sometimes take.

I played Kingdome Come hardcore for like 20 hours over a week or so then just couldn’t jump back in for a few months cause I didn’t want to think about staying alive in combat or selling things to make money.

It’s a weird backwards habit cause it’s like I’m depriving myself of certified fun out of laziness.

• @dipset said in Wasteland 3 (PC, PS4, Xbox One):

@nimbat1003

It took me from late-2016 to mid-2019 to finish The Witcher 3 (I think). I’ve played like 60 hours of Divinity Original Sin II and haven’t finished yet, and I just re-opened a save file of Mass Effect 2 from 2013 and I’m like 30 hours in on Act 2.

These RPG play habits are so annoying because I get sucked in but then I’m hesitant to even start the game again the day after an amazingly fun and rewarding play session because of how much mental energy these games can sometimes take.

I played Kingdome Come hardcore for like 20 hours over a week or so then just couldn’t jump back in for a few months cause I didn’t want to think about staying alive in combat or selling things to make money.

It’s a weird backwards habit cause it’s like I’m depriving myself of certified fun out of laziness.

Haha yep, and I always think maybe I should restart but in reality it take me like an hour at most to get back into how things work.
    luckily divinity:OS2 was a bit crazy for me I played it 130hours in 2 weeks, I was doing a coop run and a single player run at the same time. And it came out during my one week break at uni... We don't talk about that other week.