Half-Life: Alyx

• This post is deleted!

• @ezekiel

Same. My parents didn't bite on HD until 2008 or something. Doesn't mean that 90% of the games I played didn't look like shit. I remember squinting in Oblivion, Dead Rising, Team Fortress 2, etc etc. Cause the developers made an HD game because thats what they wanted to make. We're getting besides the point now so I'll drop the dumb comparison too, but I just don't feel like its fair for people to say this game is valueless just because the devs wanted to make a VR game.

• @dipset said in Half-Life: Alyx:

@ezekiel

Same. My parents didn't bite on HD until 2008 or something. Doesn't mean that 90% of the games I played didn't look like shit. I remember squinting in Oblivion, Dead Rising, Team Fortress 2, etc etc. Cause the developers made an HD game because thats what they wanted to make. We're getting besides the point now so I'll drop the dumb comparison too, but I just don't feel like its fair for people to say this game is valueless just because the devs wanted to make a VR game.

It has value to some people, yes. I'm wondering how much less this is gonna sell because they won't include an option that takes a few minutes to implement. Maybe it will push VR sales through the roof. Who knows? I'm half-expecting them to release an update later, after they decide they want to sell more copies.

• @ezekiel

Do you mean like motion controls only? Because it doesn’t look like this is the type of game that can be played without VR + motion. At least based on some of the clips.

• @dipset said in Half-Life: Alyx:

@ezekiel

Do you mean like motion controls only? Because it doesn’t look like this is the type of game that can be played without VR + motion. At least based on some of the clips.

Huh. You're right. How do you look around if both your hands are already being used and the monitor doesn't surround you?

• I really like my VR system and it's delivered some wonderfully fresh games this generation. I'll only get this if they port it to PSVR though.

• Yeah I hope this gets ported to PSVR or PSVR2, as when I do get a VR setup it will probably need to be on the lower end.

• @el-shmiablo
    If I recall wasn't the patent for that PSVR2 controller pretty similar to the Vavle Knuckles controller?

Anyone hear the theory about the game having time travel?

• @el-shmiablo said in Half-Life: Alyx:

Yeah I hope this gets ported to PSVR or PSVR2, as when I do get a VR setup it will probably need to be on the lower end.

I've actually had the luxury of trying a handful of games on both the PSVR and the high end counterparts and I've got to say the difference is negligible.

• Global Moderator

@sheria Possibly but I still think the controllers/tracking is a huge issue with PSVR

• @tokeeffe9 said in Half-Life: Alyx:

@sheria Possibly but I still think the controllers/tracking is a huge issue with PSVR

I can comment on that yet sadly. I have had a number of chances to buy the PSmove controllers but I've always put it off, I've been content with the controller so far.

• @ezekiel said in Half-Life: Alyx:

@dipset said in Half-Life: Alyx:

@ezekiel

Huh. You're right. How do you look around if both your hands are already being used and the monitor doesn't surround you?

Based on the interview, it seems like the game is filled with systems based entirely on motion controls though. It's made for this media as far as I can tell.

• Sadly I won't play it anytime soon but I've got a good feeling about this game.