Favorite Video Game Music Tracks of 2019

• Hi everyone,

With 2019 drawing to a close. I wanted to make a thread to share and discuss our favorite video game music from this year.

Here are my favorite video game music tracks of 2019.

1. Fire Emblem Three Houses - Between Heaven and Earth
      Youtube Video

2. Yooka Laylee and The Impossible Lair - Factory Fright – Flooded
      Youtube Video

3. Kingdom Hearts III - Oscuritá di Xehanort
      Youtube Video

4. Control - Take Control
      Youtube Video

Shout Outs:
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Staff Credits
    Devil May Cry 5 - Devil Trigger
    The Outer Worlds - Main Menu Theme

• The whole of Metro Exodus' soundtrack is immaculate, IMO.

Youtube Video

• Borderlands 3 has amazing soundtrack.

My favorite song is:

Youtube Video

But everything else is great too:

Youtube Video

• Ace Combat 7 has lots of great tracks. It works better for me personally when I'm playing the game instead of listening it on it's own, but nonetheless it's still a great OST overall.
    Youtube Video

Youtube Video

River City Girls' music is very entertaining. I've only got through the first two bosses, and the music so far has been great.
    Youtube Video

I don't remember much of Days Gone's music, but this one really sticks out.
    Youtube Video

I wish I played more new games this year, those 3 games above are like the only ones I can remember having enjoyed the music.

• @shoulderguy See you've already got Three Houses music covered, but wow I didn't expect to like the Yooka Laylee track as much as I do. That definitely slipped past me. Probably my favorite thing in this topic.

@TokyoSlim Select one to stand out like @ffff0 did, otherwise that's not really this topic. Not about to listen to the whole Soundtrack.

@bam541 Despite some of that generic "epic"ness, I can definitely tell from what you posted how good that Ace Combat music is. River City Girls I think you covered the best track. Honestly, the soundtrack falls into the problem of lots of samey songs, so they get garbled together after awhile.

Youtube Video

One of those soundtracks that blends together quite a bit when taken away from the game, but I think this track stands out even without the moments it is made to accompany.

Youtube Video

Bit of a bonus entry, because this song only appears in these commercials for the game, even though it is way better than any of the music in the actual game and should've been used as the credits theme. Legitimately my favorite song of the year.

Youtube Video

Game itself had a bunch of problems limiting it from taking off like the original, but some of the music added, especially for the 3D World style, is just top notch.

Youtube Video

There's multiple songs I could've picked for this game. Ended up going with something weird for the weird fun little underdog of a game it is. Really wish this one had gotten more attention given how hard it tried to attract new players.

Youtube Video

No explanation needed.

Youtube Video

I'm among the list of people who grew up with Banjo Kazooie on the N64 and still hold it in extremely high regard with the realm of 3D Platformers. Loved the music growing up too, and I got super excited when I saw the track list of remixes for the Smash induction of the classic duo. The SNK music added since with the Terry update has probably overshadowed those now for most, but I'm still jammin' to them.

Youtube Video

It doesn't have alot of music, but what it has absolutely slaps.

Youtube Video

Of course I couldn't end off without some jolly Pokemon. Love how this track starts with a sound fresh to the series, then goes full Pokemon, then kind of blends the two together. Became something I genuinely got excited to hear again every time I had reason to return to the town it resides in, and while the rest of the game does have some other interesting tracks, nothing ever topped Turffield's song for me.

• This and also all of the new Banjo Kazooie Remixes by Grant Kirkhope for Smash bros

Youtube Video

• @mbun said in Favorite Video Game Music Tracks of 2019:

@TokyoSlim Select one to stand out like @ffff0 did, otherwise that's not really this topic.

The demanding tone of your "request" bugs me, so no, I don't think I will. If you think I'm off-topic flag my post for moderation.

Not about to listen to the whole Soundtrack.

Then dont! I don't care. Your Loss.

• There's probably a lot. For now I'll have to submit just this one.

Youtube Video