2020 - the new decade, the new era, new games. whats your most anticipated ones?

• Ignoring the absolute lunacy above this post, I'll post the games I'm looking forward to this year/gen:
    Streets of Rage 4
    Hellblade 2
    Ori 2
    God of War 2
    Horizon Zero Dawn 2
    Spiderman 2
    Street Fighter 6
    Doom Eternal
    Overwatch 2
    Resident Evil 3
    Elden Ring
    Cyberpunk 2077

• The sexual tension between b-cell & El Shamiablo is becoming too much. Cant wait to these young pups meet up & bang one out for all our sakes.

• @paulmci27 Arrange it.
    I'm ready for action. Ready for love.

• @el-shmiablo Fuck. Now I'm jealous. This is an unforeseen situation. I'm gonna have to have a word with the missus.

• @yoshi said in 2020 - the new decade, the new era, new games. whats your most anticipated ones?:

Pikmin fucking 4!

This is the correct answer.

(Also looking forward to Starfield, and off into the distance, The Elder Scrolls VI.)

• @oscillator i am always correct.

how have people not learnt this fact yet?

• Shin Megami Tensei V

alt text

I played SMTI, Demikids and SMTIV while waiting for this game. (Soul Hackers is probably next on my list)

Coming from Pokémon and Etrian Odyssey, SMT for me felt like an evolution of both. It is a dungeon crawler, but with more mature themes, a more interesting story and atmosphere, and at the same time it has the monster raising mechanics, you can spend hours fusing demons find your best party possible.

It has been 3 years since the first reveal teaser, i hope they can release it at least for Fall 2020, not just because it's about time for a new mainline SMT, but also because i want to see Atlus doing something else other than Persona which i also like, but the company is more than just that and because Persona 6 is still far away.

Firmament

alt text

I've just finished Obduction last week. It was great to play a game from Cyan Worlds after so many years, obviously i loved the Myst series, and Obduction still kept that charm. I'm ready for more puzzles to solve in 2020.

Gothic Remake

alt text

THQ Nordic has recently released a playable teaser of an upcoming remake of the very first game, it has potential though a number of things to solve (especially with the combat). I really liked Gothic 2 and 3 back in the days, Risen is still my favourite from Piranha Bytes (arguargbly the true Gothic 4), i've never played the original so this could be a great time for me to jump in.

Already Mentioned
    Age of Empires 4 - Age of Empires 2 is one of my favourites games of all time, i've high hopes and expectations from Age 4 since it is set in the same period (smart decision). I'm slightly worried because the original creators are not involved, but i liked what i saw so far, it really seems they want to recapture the magic of 2.
    The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - BotW was my game of the year in 2017, i'm absolutely down for more of that, the first teaser is very promising.

Others
    Monolith Soft future projects - This includes both Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (which i hope it brings a bunch of QoL improvements over the original Wii release) and their next game which is still unclear what it is exactly and when its coming out. I've spent 120-150 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, i enjoy being invested in their worlds, spending dozens of hours doing all the sidequests and chill out with the party.
    No More Heroes III - I don't know much about this franchise, but all the trailers and artworks shared so far have caught my attention.
    Deadly Premonition 2 - I played the original very recently, beyond the jank, the writing is gold in that game.
    The Red Lantern - indie game, with a touching story, i like the premise of the Iditarod race (with procedurally generated events) a lot.
    Murder by Numbers - it looks like Ace Attorney ft Picross. As a big fan of both, i can't wait to play it.
    Rune Factory 5 - It's my favourite among all the farming games (including Stardew), cause it's farming integrated in a JRPG in a fantasy setting and with an actual storyline. I hope they go all out with this entry, especially with the visuals.

Brain Training for Switch - January 3rd, it's not that i'm excited the same way i'm for a big release, but it's still very cool that this is still a thing.

• It's all about Cyberpunk 2077 and The Last of Us: Part 2 for me. Hellblade 2 also looks incredible.

• @klinjon Ye. Hellblade 2 went from "didn't even know this was going to ever be a thing" to "GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME NOW I BEG YOU".

• Wait what? They are remaking the Gothic series?!

I bought Gothic II on sale last year. Didn't play it much but felt like checking out the game because of its legacy. That's pretty cool but I feel like replacing old Eurojank with new Eurojank isn't going to go over well.

• @el-shmiablo 100%. The first game was always a "I'll pick it up in a sale" backlog purchase that continuously kept getting pushed back. Then it dropped into Xbox Game Pass (Ninja Theory is such a great "get" for Microsoft), and now the sequel trailer has hit... my body is ready.

• I'm curious to see how Guerrilla Games' Horizon series evolves, and I'm hopeful about a potential next Red Dead Redemption title. Other than that, I'm open to the unknown.