The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2019!

• I love Tetris, but have no interest in playing against others so Tetris 99 is of no interest to me. Borderland 3 I also skipped as I just couldn't get into the second game at all sadly. I will pick Judgement up at some point though.

• So far, only Judgement caught my attention.

• Well damn! EZA Forum, you disappoint me now. Judgment at #23, uhh.

The game did what it propably aimed to do and managed to get a new fan for the RGG Studio, as this was the first game I've played from them. (The Yakuza series is such a daunting challenge to approach at this point.) What a great summer game this was, really enjoyed it! The main attraction for me was the solid main story and the way it was presented. It kept me intrigued all the way to the end. And of course the characters themselves played a huge part in all of this, in me appreciating the game so much. Great interactions between the good, the bad and the weird.

• @sentinel-beach said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2019!:

The Yakuza series is such a daunting challenge to approach at this point.

Yakuza Zero baby! It's self-contained and one of the very best ones. No pressure, you don't have to sign up for the whole series.

• @inustar Late, but I just got a Tetris 99 that came with a free online subscription. Its pretty addicting lol

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

#22. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 11 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Hanabi)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (NeoCweeny)
    #4: 0
    HM: 3 (Sheria, Crepe, Bigdude1)

Information

Release date: September 20 [US/EU]
    Developer: Grezzo
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): Nintendo Switch

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• well that hurts, thought it'd make top 15 at least.

I'm not a huge Zelda guy but Link's Awakening is definitely one of the few I have a genuine connection with and this remake was as close to perfect as I could hope for.

• Well the surprises of games showing up earlier than expected keep coming. When the reveal trailer first started, I kind of was not feeling the announcement, but this art style had me 180 hard. I actually enjoy looking at this game, but outside of Wind Waker, I've never been drawn to Zelda. That and I don't have a Switch. Still, seeing Link's Awakening this low has me VERY curious for the remaining entries.

I'm probably going to say this several times in this thread, but: 2019 was a year with such a diverse net.

• Playing this game made me realize that, no matter how well-made it is, I just don't like 2-D Zelda games. I mean, I have no problems with them, they just feel tedious to me.

• Link's Awakening is #15 of 49 on my list.

Link’s Awakening on Game Boy is one of the only mainline Zelda games I’d never played. After finishing this remake, I can finally see why this has a reputation as an early series high point.

It seems like this remake was mostly well received. Hopefully that means Nintendo will give more classic games the remake treatment.

• I know this sounds shitty and reductive. But nothing about this game says $79.99 plus tax to me so I didn't buy it.

• @dipset *Canadian. We must always reference this or people say, "dude, $49.99 at Target"

• Global Moderator

Oh wow, really thought it would end up higher on the list! No I'm eager to see what are closer to the top :D

• I'm not even involved in the list and barely played anything from last year but wow this is wild and I'm curious af as to what made it to the top of some of these games are so far down the list.

• I enjoyed Judgment alot but didn't feel as invested as Yakuza characters. The story was good and felt nice being more neutral compared to one that stabs and shoots yet they just walk away like that didn't happen.
    I know some people had serious issues with what Link's Awakening had on remake so not surprised of it ranking lower than expectations.

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III

#21. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III - 11 points

Votes

#1: 2 (FF7Cloud, bard91)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 0
    HM: 1 (Inustar)

Information

Release date: October 22 [US/EU]
    Developer: Nihon Falcom
    Publisher: NIS America
    Genre: Role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• A series I'd like to get invested in, but never find the time to play all the games. Hopefully I'll get around it soon!

• Same, I've heard quite a bit of good things about the series

• I got about 50 hours into the first game and gave up when basically nothing had happened plot wise during that time.
    Top notch voice acting for a JRPG tho.

• I have no connection to the Trails series, so I cannot comment on the game from an informed view. The only thing I CAN say is actually outside the game itself. Running the Desire Index thread for last year, this game always stood out and stuck around the middle of the list as the overall list kept getting adjustments and if I remember correctly, no matter how many total people were looking forward to it (I think it was two or three who had listed it), it was always the top spot for that amount of people because those who had it on their lists indicated it was with the most anticipation. Happy to see it lived up to that.