Last game you finished

• This was a popular thread on GT so I figured I'd start one over here as well.

Since the community is still small here feel free to close this or whatever if its stepping on the toes of other threads that are going already.

Anyways, what's the last game you finished? What did you think about it?

I just finished up Fallout 4 about a week ago. I got the platinum trophy, but there's still a couple quests I may return to play later on. Overall I had a lot of fun playing it.. Bethesda really does create a unique feel in their games, and as always I find the most rewarding aspects are the random encounters, goofy side quests, or player created moments rather than the main story line.

Last week I played through Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory from the HD collection to get that one out of my unfinished list. I love the original Splinter Cell trilogy, but I think they are a bit too similar and this one felt like a bit of a grind to get through, even though its been about a year since I played SC and Pandora Tomorrow

• I just finished playing through Persona 2: Innocent Sin on the Vita. I'm very mixed towards the game. The story gets insane at times and I appreciate that, along with a memorable cast of characters surrounding everything. It's not a game that has aged particularly well though - battles are slow and sluggish and the negotiation system is borderline annoying without some form of guide helping you. The ending is probably what soured me the most on it, it's probably the most underwhelming part of the game - but that tends to be the case for a lot of games. I would only recommend it to die-hard Persona/JRPG fans, which is a shame, as a lot of interesting ideas are presented in it.

In stark contrast, it made me want to replay through Persona 4 and I'm finally getting a chance to savor the Golden version of the game. Not having a random encounter every two seconds is a breath of fresh air. Sweet, murder and fog filled air.

• Last thing I beat recently was Uncharted 4 about a week or two ago. Pretty good. I kinda rushed through it. Was longer than I expected. I will admit I was starting to get tired of the whole never ending it's-not-here-but-here's-another-clue-and-now-i'm-certain-where-it-is story mechanic. It just happened too much.

I'm somewhere in the middle of Uncharted: Golden Abyss. It's decent filler. I started it on a plane. I should finish that and Ocarina of Time.

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE on hard.

I haven't been hooked on a game quite that much in a long time, especially not a JRPG.

• Heavy Rain. Finished it in one sitting. Thought it was ok, but these kind of games haved evolved quite a bit since then with Life is Strange and until dawn since its release.

• I finished the new Doom and Platinumed the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII (replayed whole thing with my gf). Had a blast with both

• last thing i finished was witcher 3 blood and wine almost done i am setsuna that final dungeon is a bitch

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm still playing the first Persona on Vita. I rarely get to it if only because I just don't play games on a mobile device that often.

Recently I sat down and played through Limbo, as I have had it for a long time and Inside is getting such rave reviews.

• I believe the last time I saw credits roll was on Psychonauts.

• @ZyloWolfBane I want to play Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE so much, but I can't until I finish Xenoblade Chronicles X, almost there! If you've played that one too, how would you compare the two in terms of characters/story? I feel like Xenoblade could have gained by focusing on fewer characters but developing them further (and definitely in terms of character design/visuals too!). So I'd be hyped for TMS if the characters are more interesting.

The last game I personally finished was Ratchet & Clank on PS4. I had a blast, it was my first in the series, and the gameplay is extremely fun. The weapon design was a stand-out: in most games I tend to pick one or two favorites and stick to them, but this game really encouraged me to experiment (by limiting ammo a lot) and I found myself alternating between every weapon throughout the game, strategically picking which one to use against which enemy, etc. They all felt useful in their own way, and given their quantity it's quite a feat!

I was also very surprised by the scope of some levels, when you have the jetpack it's almost intimidating! And it's got to be one of the most gorgeous games I've ever played, it's like a Pixar movie.

• Wii U - Wind Waker HD.

• @Axel said in Last game you finished:

@ZyloWolfBane I want to play Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE so much, but I can't until I finish Xenoblade Chronicles X, almost there! If you've played that one too, how would you compare the two in terms of characters/story? I feel like Xenoblade could have gained by focusing on fewer characters but developing them further (and definitely in terms of character design/visuals too!). So I'd be hyped for TMS if the characters are more interesting.

The last game I personally finished was Ratchet & Clank on PS4. I had a blast, it was my first in the series, and the gameplay is extremely fun. The weapon design was a stand-out: in most games I tend to pick one or two favorites and stick to them, but this game really encouraged me to experiment (by limiting ammo a lot) and I found myself alternating between every weapon throughout the game, strategically picking which one to use against which enemy, etc. They all felt useful in their own way, and given their quantity it's quite a feat!

I was also very surprised by the scope of some levels, when you have the jetpack it's almost intimidating! And it's got to be one of the most gorgeous games I've ever played, it's like a Pixar movie.

I streamed Xenoblade X in all of it's padded filler....my feelings were mixed on it, I liked it....but there was so much about it that I didn't like.

I don't feel the story really stacked up with the rest of the game though, it was like a pseudo-MMO experience where the quests weren't really all that memorable and the story portions were just enough to keep the game rolling.

As for TMS, It's WAY better in terms of story. I compared it quite frequently to being a "Persona-Lite" and it feels like that quite a bit, but there were a few spots that you don't really expect.

Just be prepared, the game is VERY VERY Idol-centric, it's the very core of the game in every sense of the word, and if you enjoy that part of modern japanese culture then you'll definitely get a kick out of it :)

I went into it expecting to hate it, and was very pleasantly surprised. All 70+ hours of it was fun till the ending credits!

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Last game you finished:

I streamed Xenoblade X in all of it's padded filler....my feelings were mixed on it, I liked it....but there was so much about it that I didn't like.

I don't feel the story really stacked up with the rest of the game though, it was like a pseudo-MMO experience where the quests weren't really all that memorable and the story portions were just enough to keep the game rolling.

As for TMS, It's WAY better in terms of story. I compared it quite frequently to being a "Persona-Lite" and it feels like that quite a bit, but there were a few spots that you don't really expect.

Just be prepared, the game is VERY VERY Idol-centric, it's the very core of the game in every sense of the word, and if you enjoy that part of modern japanese culture then you'll definitely get a kick out of it :)

I went into it expecting to hate it, and was very pleasantly surprised. All 70+ hours of it was fun till the ending credits!

Sounds right up my alley! I'm not super familiar with J-pop, but enough to know that I'll enjoy it especially if it's over-the-top, as it really seems to be. Never played a Persona game so I think it will feel very fresh to me. Alright, just gotta wrap up Xenoblade once and for all then!

• @Axel said in Last game you finished:

@ZyloWolfBane said in Last game you finished:

Sounds right up my alley! I'm not super familiar with J-pop, but enough to know that I'll enjoy it especially if it's over-the-top, as it really seems to be. Never played a Persona game so I think it will feel very fresh to me. Alright, just gotta wrap up Xenoblade once and for all then!

You'll enjoy it I'm sure, I won't go into detail but even combat was fun late game :)

I will make one suggestion, "Normal" on that game is really easy. If you enjoy a modest challenge I would play it on hard, it's not crushingly brutal but it's enough to make you strategize your team-picks and how you approach each boss, one fight in particular took me 40 minutes lol.

• Does DOAX3 count? granted playing thru that only takes an hour or so

• Global Moderator

The last game I completed was Furi and I loved it.

Really enjoyed the mechanics, the different phases to each boss and the variety in the bosses. It has the odd bullet dodging section which can be a bit annoying/difficult but overall it's really cool.

Also just tap x to walk to the next place and listen to the story. I actually liked doing that.

• Finished Shadow of Mordor. Wished being able to brand/control enemies was a gameplay mechanic that could have been unlocked no later than halfway through the game. Gameplay was very fun and well designed. Although it did get boring killing captains after I unlocked the perk tiers.

Would like a sequel at some point. It can be something special as well. Now that it can be focused on current gen hardware.

• @Sazime I really like that version of Persona. I grew up playing the original version on PS1 and while it's okay, there's some definite problems - like an entire sidequest/ending cut from the game, the weird name translations, and how they completely made Mark a different character. The PSP version is beautiful though.

• Finished up LA Noire last night.. Overall I though it was a really great game. It dragged a bit in the middle for me, but picked back up near the end. I thought it handled some pretty mature themes well and covered things you don't see in a lot of games. I'd love to see a sequel that's a bit more refined

@Jak I've been thinking about trying that too if it goes on sale or something. Would you recommend it?

• @Faaip If you like Lord of the Rings, SoM should appeal to you. I got the GOTY edition for 10 dollars on PSN. And it can't be more than 20 now. So its a low risk investment. And tons of fun to be had with excellent combat mechanics killing orcs largely.

I say give it a go. Its cheap, and rederoin has also gotten hooked to SoM. As you might have seen in the Escapist chat group.