Last game you finished

• Just finished Torna Golden country The story was great the Battle system is better then ever before there are some pacing isssues a solid 8/10 experience i did alot but not everything and i got 20 hours out of it

• @faaip said in Last game you finished:

Just finished up Super Castlevania IV on the SNES Classic. This was the first game in the series I've played and I can see why its so highly revered. Great controls, level design/variety, music/sound effects and a challenging difficulty that remains consistent and (mostly) fair throughout. Overall I had a great time playing and found it immensely satisfying each time I progressed through a level or beat a boss. I'll have to track down some more games from the series for sure

I'd recommend you to not skip Rondo of Blood. It's often overlooked because it has not ben available on many platforms but it is coming to the PS4 pretty soon and it is actually regarded as one of the best games in the series (and if you'd ask me, it's the best).

• @neocweeny I was actually just looking at the SoTN/Rondo collection on the Playstation Store haha. Its a packed fall, but I might need to try to squeeze that in haha

• Hollow Knight

After finding some more charms and upgrading my nail farther, a lot of the difficulty I faced in the game was reduced and I (purposely) pushed towards the worst ending the game had to offer, but I have full intention of completing the other two endings as my file is sitting close to 80% completion.

When this game released on PC, I heard a lot of buzz about how excellent it is. When it came to Switch, the hype reached a fervor, with people stating it might be one of the best Metroidvanias in existence. I thought there was no way it could live up to that incredible level of expectation but it delivered in nearly every way. There were so many moments of wonder and discovery, of storytelling through lore and world building, so many instances where I needed to pause the game to process what I had experienced.

Hollow Knight is 2018's Game of the Year... it's just a shame it was technically released last year.

• Just this moment finished Link's Awakening DX. I am really surprised how much I enjoyed this game. I don't usually enjoy portable games and I have trouble going back to games from the 8 bit era but no such issues with this game. Most dungeons were just the right amount of frustrating and getting new items was always exciting. The bosses were a bit disappointing since they were mostly just mashing but otherwise, I recommend it to anybody who's into 2D Zelda.

Also finished Persona 4 Arena story mode and what a slog!! I don't like the best of visual novels but having to repeat the same story for every character was taxing. Ultimax is next so hopefully its story is much smoother.

• I finished The Unfinished Swan. A really neat game. Short and it knew what it wanted to show and tell. I liked especially growing the vines all over the place, that was pretty magnicifent to look at. And yes, I got all the trophies, even the "Minimalist". Isn't that the true symbol of this game. Pretty challenging, even with a guide.

• I finished Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4). The good: The Digimon look good and are nicely animated. Love the character design of the human characters but wished there was some customization for the main character. Story was okayish. Presentation was lacking. Game is presented in kind of a visual novel style, or at least there are many characters talking. Problem is you are kind of a silent protagonist and that doesn’t really work for me. Looked at the trophy requirements and immediately start playing the sequel because the Platinum is way too much work.

• The Witcher 3 9.5/10

Easily one of my top 10 games of all time, despite my initial doubts and little annoyances here and there that are absolutely eclipsed quality of the game, playing through it was simply fantastic and it ended up being worth all of the hype, and I haven't even touched Blood and Wine yet so still plenty to go through.

After this, my hype levels for Cyberpunk have gone off the charts, as if they weren't high enough before.

• @bard91 I am jealous of anyone who has Blood and Wine to look forward to. Going into that for the first time was an amazing time for me. It also fixed one of my problems with the Witcher... player housing. All games are improved when I can have my own home 😊

• I finished Valkyria Chronicles 4. Easily my top 5 this year. The story is amazing and on par with the first Valkyria game and ofc amazing characters and gameplay. All I can say is, don't skip this franchise! You'll have a great time with both Valkyria 1 and 4.

• @hidz It's on my wishlist, hopefully I'll have time to get around to it before the GOTY votes!

• @hidz I'm just about finishing chapter 4, I was a bit concerned after playing the first chapters but those concerns have gone away and I'm pumped to keep going, I hope Sega considers a rerelease of 2 and 3 in some way.

• Kirby Super Star

It looks good and there's a lot of content, but that's about all I'll give it. Each stage or game is really underdeveloped, and the buddy ability trivializes the already lame difficulty and level design. There are some neat ideas, but they're either passed over or only half-committed to.

• I've still got a decent chunk of side content to get through like extra scenarios and seeing a ton of Bad Ends I missed, but I finished 428: Shibuya Scramble. Gotta recommend it, that story just keeps going places and doesn't let up for a second.

• I just finished Tacoma, and to be honest, I kind of feel gross. It's the kind of game that has an ending that could be interpreted multiple ways, but with how I interpret it, I feel like I need to shower. It is interesting that such a short game can make you get so invested in the characters and their struggle, even though you never actually meet them in person.

If I were to rate it, I would give it a solid 8/10. It is short, but it accomplishes what it attempts to accomplish, and does so masterfully.

• Dragon quest XI - just finished the main story (there's a post game story), overall the game is excellent, the characters, combat, crafting, main story and even the music are great, my one criticism is how long the game is, i rolled credits at +75 hours,but it never dragged.

If you like JRPG give it a shot.

• Finished everybody's story on octopath, i know there's a lot of post game stuff but i'm burnt out while a fun game after 55 hours i just don't want to play anymore.the story had its moments but was overall was a disappointment. I did enjoy that when someone would mention a name in the game they were mentioned 2 or 3 times by different npc's and would also show up in the story, love connective tissue like that.

• Funny, I just finished all 8 stories in Octopath yesterday too! I have a lot of great things to say about this game (also a few niggles) and it's probably my GOTY so far, I'll expand on it later. Just got a taste of the post-game and it seems very brutal, not sure I'll have the heart to go through it, we'll see!

• @axel i enjoyed it alot while i love the world and gameplay there just wasnt enough story to keep me invested.

• Red Dead Redemption 7/10

I simply don't care for John Marston, throughout the whole game it was unable to make me care about the character to really be affected or invested in the story, and even though there were some high points they were separated by so much boring and poorly designed quest with few little side activities that I found fun, that I felt I was just playing out of curiosity rather than enjoyment.