Last game you finished

• Kirby Super Star

It looks good and there's a lot of content, but that's about all I'll give it. Each stage or game is really underdeveloped, and the buddy ability trivializes the already lame difficulty and level design. There are some neat ideas, but they're either passed over or only half-committed to.

• I've still got a decent chunk of side content to get through like extra scenarios and seeing a ton of Bad Ends I missed, but I finished 428: Shibuya Scramble. Gotta recommend it, that story just keeps going places and doesn't let up for a second.

• I just finished Tacoma, and to be honest, I kind of feel gross. It's the kind of game that has an ending that could be interpreted multiple ways, but with how I interpret it, I feel like I need to shower. It is interesting that such a short game can make you get so invested in the characters and their struggle, even though you never actually meet them in person.

If I were to rate it, I would give it a solid 8/10. It is short, but it accomplishes what it attempts to accomplish, and does so masterfully.

• Dragon quest XI - just finished the main story (there's a post game story), overall the game is excellent, the characters, combat, crafting, main story and even the music are great, my one criticism is how long the game is, i rolled credits at +75 hours,but it never dragged.

If you like JRPG give it a shot.

• Finished everybody's story on octopath, i know there's a lot of post game stuff but i'm burnt out while a fun game after 55 hours i just don't want to play anymore.the story had its moments but was overall was a disappointment. I did enjoy that when someone would mention a name in the game they were mentioned 2 or 3 times by different npc's and would also show up in the story, love connective tissue like that.

• Funny, I just finished all 8 stories in Octopath yesterday too! I have a lot of great things to say about this game (also a few niggles) and it's probably my GOTY so far, I'll expand on it later. Just got a taste of the post-game and it seems very brutal, not sure I'll have the heart to go through it, we'll see!

• @axel i enjoyed it alot while i love the world and gameplay there just wasnt enough story to keep me invested.

• Red Dead Redemption 7/10

I simply don't care for John Marston, throughout the whole game it was unable to make me care about the character to really be affected or invested in the story, and even though there were some high points they were separated by so much boring and poorly designed quest with few little side activities that I found fun, that I felt I was just playing out of curiosity rather than enjoyment.

• Dandy Dungeon: The Legend of Brave Yamada

This is great. It's Yoshiro Kimura's (former Square and Love-De-Lic employee, director of Chulip and Little King's Story) first independent effort, and it's definitely my favorite free phone game. It's a grid-based dungeon crawler with a meta-twist; it has a really solid gameplay loop, which consists of drawing your way through the floor of the dungeon and engaging in auto turn-based battles with the enemies you pass through. There's no ads, and I was able to beat it without spending any money. It has tons of loot and outfits and items and optional dungeons and daily and seasonal events---it's a pretty meaty offering.

Mostly I love it because it's just really strange, crass, and entertaining. It's full of goofy characters and designs, like Yasu, a suit-clad child who looks up to Yamada; an Indian coder who's such a master laptops levitate around him; a giant two-faced asparagus monster that emerges from the floor; and Yamada's love interest: the much younger Maria-chan who loves sweet potatoes. It has a real goofy sense of humor that's totally in line with many weird Japanese games from the 90's and 00's, which is suitable given Kimura was a part of so many.

It's full of surprises and it's free. If you like weird Japanese games (Eno, Suda, SWERY, Nishi, etc.) you owe it to yourself.

• Spiderman

Played it on the hardest difficulty and I was disappointed at how easy it was to platinum.

• @axel I just did the same. I was looking up info about post game stuff, and I realized I would have to level everyone up.

I might do it later, but not while God of War beckons.

• just 100%ed Splatoon 2.

fuck that was boring having to play each stage 9 different times.

• Just finished Yakuza 2 Kiwami, easily my favorite in the series, great nemesis, more character development from Kiryu and his dad and great supporting cast.

Some memorable side stories, fun battle system and beautiful world make it a game to remember. Soundtrack is solid but series didn't hit greatness until 3 and 4 IMO.

My only real complaint is that clan creator wasn't as fun for me as it was in Yakuza 6

• Uncanny Valley

Forgive me for immediately saying it, this game sucks. With an art style similar to Home (which I loooooved) and a game that I received with PS Plus, I figured it would be a good time to boot it up, due to all the spooks I need in my life. It's just a mess of bad game design decisions, stiff dialogue, and a main character that gets tired from literally two seconds of running, yet is somehow hired as a security guard. I got a trophy for someone falling in love with me by opening a door. Your character will tell you he needs sleep and if you don't make it to your bed in time, he just falls asleep while in the middle of an activity, then has a nightmare, and then wakes back up in bed. What. Even.

The game recommended I play through it multiple times to understand the full scope of the story. Unfortunately, I couldn't listen to its advice since I hit the uninstall button so fast at those credits.

• Resident Evil 7

Finally played and completed Resident Evil 7. It's a very scary game and the way it stayed true to Resident Evil 1 felt amazing, but it definately lost a lot of steam and had a pretty non-existent story. The movement speed or lack thereof made the boss battles a serious headache.

A solid 7.5-8/10 and an instant recommendation to any horror fans or people who want to get into the Halloween spirit.

• Secret of Mana (PS4)

Been playing it on and off for months with a friend whenever I went to his place, and we finally finished the fight last night.

It's definitely not a great remake, the art style is cheap and looks worse than the original sprites in my opinion, and they did nothing to fix the flaws of the original game, add quality-of-life features, or rebalance the game to make it more interesting (the go-to strategy for every boss fight is still to just spam whichever magic they're weak to, zero strategy or challenge). The bad story and writing are now highlighted by unconvincing voice acting to make matters even worse.

The original game is one of my all-time favourite games and fondest childhood memories, but all the remake did was a shine a light on all its flaws. It's still great mindless fun and the soundtrack is god-tier, but the game didn't age as gracefully as some of its contemporaries like Chrono Trigger.

• Amnesia: The Dark Descent

A game that placed in a recent EZA top 10 and I've finally finished what a lot of people consider to be one of the scariest games of all time. Is it really that frightening? Yes... and no.

Let me start off by saying this game oozes atmosphere. The castle is inherently dark, the sound design is fantastic, and due to the sanity meter, your screen is going to distort, twist, and blur in all sorts of disorientating ways. Due to the vibes this game produced, I admittedly started playing it during the day just so I could finish the dang thing. Some of the scariest moments for me came when there were no enemies around, it was just paranoia caused by the game.

The reason it lost a little bit of fear juice for me is the same reasons people were critical of Frictional's next release after Amnesia - SOMA. The enemies are dumb, easily exploitable, and can seemingly vanish in thin air. In SOMA, these problems didn't bother me since it didn't feel like a strictly horror game, but here? It does take away some stakes. I'd also say the ending is kinda lackluster. No matter which of the three endings you choose, all of them just feel abrupt and meh. I remember staying up until 5 in the morning finishing SOMA, staring dumbfounded at the credits as I tried to process everything that had happened.

I'd say if you like horror and tense atmospheres, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is an easy recommendation, you'll have a good time. If you're more concerned about storytelling though, the team improved immensely with the far superior SOMA. I really can't wait until Frictional announces the two secret projects they've been working on.

• I've completed Dark Cloud, Wild Arms 4 and Chaos;Child so far this month. Slowly getting through Sniper Elite 4 at the moment.

• Tales of Berseria 6.5/10

This was a very mediocre game, that happened to get much better towards the end, but still it was never able to become great in my eyes even if the story did have a satisfying end, dissapointing after having only played Vesperia and this would likely keep me from paying too much mind to future Tales games.

Magilou is just the best though.

• @bard91 Try xillia if u can get it cheap its the best tales game imo