Last game you finished

• I just picked up The Last of Us Remastered for $10 digitally—that's the only sequel I need.

Naughty Dog do need to step the story up from Uncharted 4, though. I don't care about these Abercrombie models, give me EMOTION!!!

alt text

• @Browarr The Last of Us doesn't need a sequel, at least in terms of Joel and Ellie's story. If they do feel the need though, I would hope they just do a new story with new characters set in the same world.

• @Inustar Agree 100%

• @Faaip @Inustar Yes sure, if there would be any TLOU sequel, the only right choice would be to put the focus on new characters. But I don't really see a sequel to The Last Of Us. Here's why:
    Naughty Dog had mainly crafted series: Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Dexter and Uncharted (I am not counting the first entries such as Rings of Power or Keef the Thief since ND was a thin studio at the time).
    TLOU came out during their Uncharted series (two years after Uncharted 3) and the game feel like they wanted to do something else, like a proof that they are a mature gaming developer.
    Since Crash Bandicoot, they were working on series, this year came out Uncharted 4 and they are done with Nathan's adventure. TLOU feel more like an in-between project (and Uncharted 4 get benefit from it) more than a new series. And with the Left behind DLC, you got the whole picture of the characters, so they did everything to give a completed experience.

Maybe in the upcoming years, Naughty Dog will announce that they decided to make The Last of Us a series (knowing that TLOU got a huge critical appeal and sold well this might happen, who knows) and my post will suddenly become all wrong :D

• @Browarr Yeah, the best outcome imo is that Naughty Dog makes new games with new ideas. The Last of Us was hugely popular, so financially I think it probably is likely they'll do a sequel, but if they have to do it I hope it's after trying something new.

• Just done my 2nd Playthrough of trails of Cold Steel on Nightmare difficulty in NG+.
    This time I used a guide to get everything possible and the romance option I want to carry over to the sequel. I fucking love this game, most bosses were very easy since I started with level 65 (Rean is now 74 the others around 68) but thsoe that were already tough on Normal mode were hell, I brute forced through Loa Erebonius with Zeram Capsule abuse so I can S-Craft the shit out of him, and even that took me several tries, it's not even him but his minions that always messed it up for me.
    I'm going for a 3rd, I want the Platinum for this game and I'm missing some trophies (like gaining 1 million Mira and scanning all enemies I forgot about doing that but it's mostly bosses I missed) that simply require another playthrough but this time I do it on easy, I rush through and only do main quests, I mean my 1st playthrough exploring everything on my own took me around 120 hours, the 2nd doing everything with guide (speeding up all cutscenes and convos except certain ones I just wanted to see again, especially the scenes after the dance) around 30 hours so this should take me 10-15 at max, but I feel for this game I really should have Platinum, it is so far my GotY 2016, even the sequel must top that 1st, sadly as european I have to wait till november. (Technically I could import but I can't transfer saves from a PAL ToCS1 to a US ToCS2 :/)
    I mean I'm super ecited for FFXV, loved both demos, Brotherhood and going to watch Kingsglaive in a few hours, but I see no chance it beating ToCS 1&2, which considering 2 is a direct sequel I might just consider both as one game when chosing my final GotY 2016.

• @Musou-Tensei im in chapter 4 how much more do i have to go

• @FF7Cloud There are 7 in total so you have 3 more to go.

• I managed to finish off both Gungrave and its sequel, Gungrave: Overdose. Two games which have sat on my shelf unfinished for too long. I also just polished off Call of Duty: Ghosts this morning. Ghosts was ... ok, but forgettable. I quite enjoyed the Gungrave games though.

• Metro: Last light, and I quite enjoyed it.

• Just finished Zero Time Dilemma - enjoyed it a lot, but it is the weakest of the three.

Now i am playing the first Danganronpa...

• Finished Dragon Quest VI. It's ok.

After the wonderful narrative conceits of IV and V, this one tries to do something profound with alternate realities and it feels really muddled. The central characters aren't that interesting, but every time I was thinking of putting it down, I'd come across a village with a neat subplot. Anyways, it's definitely at the lower end of the series.

• Global Moderator

Completed the campaign in Xcom Enemy Unknown Plus on Vita.

Really enjoyed it. I was seriously struggling through a lot of it until I realised how important a few items/upgrades were. Once I'd seen the errors I'd made, I cruised to the end of the game.

Perfect portable game, pity it is a bit of a mess on vita. Pretty slow, lots of audio skipped and plenty of crashes and bugs.

• not a game but just watched kingsglaive not sure why its getting shit on so much i rather enjoyed it

• @FF7Cloud I enjoyed Kingsglaive too.

• The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, what an amazing game it is!

• Finally finished Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. The art was crisp and clean, but the gameplay itself and the sequencing annoyed me the whole way through. I ended up not really enjoying it and just forcing myself through it. Three of the secrets were only findable through run smashing into random walls in the game with nothing hinting you to do so, and after scouring areas without knowing this I eventually gave up and looked it up, frustrated to find out where they were and how impossibly obscure that is. Even though it makes thematic sense, the game's areas are also sectioned off into islands, which is a huge step back from Shantae: Risky's Revenge where the whole world was interconnected in cool layer ways, and that was a mobile game! Honestly, Risky's Revenge is better in every way possible except less crisp art since it was a mobile game. The Director's Cut is on Steam, and I easily recommend that game over Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

Half-Genie Hero should be coming out soon, real soon, so here's to hoping it's a return to form for the franchise.

• @holy_angel_mx yes! It took me a long time to get into this game because it's pretty slow in the beginning and I wasn't too eager to dive into a Capcom Zelda game. The other Capcom developed ones were really good but lacked something to be considered masterpieces, IMO. But after everything is established and you get full control it's a very charming game with some fresh ideas that helps set it apart from other Zelda games.

• @matt absolutly! the pace of the game is very nice, not too long, dungeons are the necesary and the extras are wow, the only thing that i didn't do was the figurines, that sucks, ergo i didn't have all the hearts, but i defeated Vaati with only 2 1/2 hearts all the battle :P

now i really need to buy a 3ds to play the other zelda games and several games on the console.

• Just completed Lords of the Fallen. While I like Dark Souls (much) better, it has some unique ideas that set it apart, complemented by a satisfying weight behind smashing a foe with a giant hammer. Everything had a level of heaviness beyond what you see in Souls, which made every move strategic, but also left it feeling a bit clunky. Still an enjoyable jaunt!