Last game you finished

• Call of Cthulhu. Game has super glitchy sound and awful lip-sync. But I've enjoyed it, nice atmosphere, well placed and just the right length (+-8h).

• @phbz I'm playing it to and while you're 100% right I'm really digging it. Them stealth sections though not good.

• @paulmci27 The game is at its best when you just talking and doing detective work.

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Amazing game from start to finish. Although, I did run into a few audio bugs playing on PC but besides that, this game is close to perfect. Moon Studios did an awesome job once again and I'm excited to play whatever they make next. Which is apparently going to be a new action RPG.

• CoD: Advanced Warfare (singleplayer). Is it controversial to say that this game's campaign is one of the better CoD campaigns? You know what, I don't care, this IS a great campaign. Mission variety is great, there's lots of really cool moments, the pacing is pretty good, and most of all it got better as it goes on. The exo suits, especially the one that allows double jumps and dashes, are quite exciting to play with. The set pieces are pretty good overall, although many times it feels too buggy or sloppy, especially during anything involving high speed. The story is lacking, mostly because the game didn't really spend much time fleshing out details and characters (one character that I'm kinda fond of doesn't really get the spotlight she deserves), and it's quite predictable, but it's nothing offensively bad. Not to mention, there's just a lot of cool looking weapons here, they did a great job making somewhat grounded futuristic warfare tech that's fun to play around with. Had a blast with this one. This makes me want to try out Infinite Warfare, but I gotta hold off for now. (8/10)

• @shoulderguy Finished it today too. Shame the technical issues because the game is close to perfection. Hopefully they'll stop using Unity.

• I was pretty sure I would never beat a souls game, I had tried them a few times and simply didn't click for me.

Today after a grueling fight with

Spoiler
    Gherman

I can say I've beaten Bloodborne, and man what a game it is, I've already started the New Game+ and beaten the first optional boss, there was a moment I thought I would just give up on the game, but I'm glad I didn't. I doubt this is gonna make me go on a frenzy to play other Souls games, but I'm definitively more open to it than before.

• @bard91 As someone who absolutely adores that game, I feel like that final boss was a super hype twist. You mind adding a spoiler tag to that?

• Just finished The Outer Worlds. It's admirable that it managed to be so exciting and fun to play, despite the many rough edges it has. The writing was well done and entertaining the whole way through, which certainly helped. I got a very satisfying ending too. (9/10)

• Doshin the Giant

Nearly great. Conceptually and aesthetically its a success. It has a beautiful island atmosphere and helping villagers to grow their townships and sculpting the landscape are rewarding. I love all the animals pattering about, the Yellow Giant's theme is fantastic, and I think that it supplies some interesting frustrations that seem like a natural consequence of playing as a god character as opposed to design oversight. The problem is that it just doesn't quite feel complete. I wish villagers were capable of a little more, maybe of resistance or war. The setup is so strong, I wish it was taken to the next natural step rather than it staying in a comfortable state. The ending is disappointing as well.

• Just finished Yakuza 0. Pretty good stuff, excited to play Kiwami next. I don't know when though. (7.5/10)

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
    I played the DX version last summer and went into it not expecting much honestly. Beat it and was rightfully taken aback by how good it was. It made me appreciate GB/GBC games.

Anyways, I preloaded the remake but never got the chance to play it till now and I'm so glad it's just as good as the original. I was a bit on the fence with the art style when it was first announced but it grew on me super quick as I was walking around Mabe village.

I don't have much to say really. I guess I just wish they added a bit more? I managed to 100% it fairly quickly, even with the added heart containers and secret seashells.

It's a fun classic Zelda game with a gorgeous soundtrack and that's all you need really.

Now remake OoT, you cowards!

• @bam541 said in Last game you finished:

Just finished Yakuza 0. Pretty good stuff, excited to play Kiwami next. I don't know when though. (7.5/10)

Zero is fantastic but Yakuza 1 and 2 are even better. A good thing to take into consideration though is that both Kiwami titles are a sensible length, unlike Zero.

• @sheria Sensible length, you say? That sounds great, I don't mind 0's length too much because it kinda justifies it, but anything shorter would be better for me these days.

• @sheria said in Last game you finished:

@bam541 said in Last game you finished:

Just finished Yakuza 0. Pretty good stuff, excited to play Kiwami next. I don't know when though. (7.5/10)

Zero is fantastic but Yakuza 1 and 2 are even better. A good thing to take into consideration though is that both Kiwami titles are a sensible length, unlike Zero.

Gotta disagree, Yakuza Kiwami might be my least favourite in the series that I've played. Not that its bad but I got tired of battling Majima and it felt too samey as Y0. Kiwami 2 will be a huge jump after K1.

• Megaman Legends

It's difficult not to be drawn in by its confident art style, breezy atmosphere, and precise sound design. Its compact open world is really beautiful too. There's a lot to get out of wandering about. But nothing erases the fact that it's cumbersome to play. Its dungeons are bland, its boss encounters are tiresome, and its level design captures none of what made previous Megaman games so compelling. And as much as I like its world (and I really do), I wish it went further in developing characters and side-quests.

It's still good---in some ways exceptional, but I think I liked it more as a sort of digital object than I did as a game.

• Dusk Diver is a janky and low budget Persona/Yakuza match up and I love it 7.5/10 because it has enough problems that I can't go higher, but I had so much fun with it.

When I say it is a mix of those two things I think it is fairly apt comparisson, the world is free roam like Kamurocho and has some various events you can do which are never as good as Yakuzas, and it simply has a vibe that is too reminiscent of Persona, and that I think it does a good job with it.

Onto the combat I found it to be pretty entertaining, specially compared to Yakuza games where the combat is boring at best and usually tedious, this one is still kinda basic but it can make for some pretty entertainting beatdowns, I think the main complaint on this side would be the repetition and lack of enemies, but even then on that aspect I found the game to be enjoyable.

If it looks like something appealing give it a shot, it has it's fair share of shortcomings but if you can get past that there's fun to be had with it.

• Air Combat (PS1). Despite only using simple Dpad controls, controlling the airplanes still feels fun and somewhat "accurate". The game is not difficult at all at Normal, especially after getting better airplanes. I like the limited amount of airplanes that can be bought at a time, and the fact that you lose the one you're using if you die. It does create some tension, until you realize save scumming exists. I also like that you can choose to tackle missions more freely, instead of a linear mission path. The missions are mostly pretty simple stuff, nothing exciting. OST is pretty great, as I mentioned in another thread. Overall, this is a pretty decent game. The only thing I actually hate is the damn livery (see image below) that gets plastered on every plane I buy, it's so ugly! (6.5/10)

alt text

• Finished Persona 3.

What I like:
    -Menu design
    -Music
    -The characters' costumes
    -Junpei

What I didn't like:
    -The dungeon crawling
    -Social links
    -Characters who weren't Junpei
    -How long it was

5/10

• @ringedwithtile You know, I've played every numbered Persona and for as god tier as the music and style are in the modern ones (3-5), I think I said "finally" after I finished all 3. For games that expect to be played multiple times, they are all way too long and way too heavy on story cutscenes for me to dive back in.