Last game you finished

• not a game but just watched kingsglaive not sure why its getting shit on so much i rather enjoyed it

• @FF7Cloud I enjoyed Kingsglaive too.

• The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, what an amazing game it is!

• Finally finished Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. The art was crisp and clean, but the gameplay itself and the sequencing annoyed me the whole way through. I ended up not really enjoying it and just forcing myself through it. Three of the secrets were only findable through run smashing into random walls in the game with nothing hinting you to do so, and after scouring areas without knowing this I eventually gave up and looked it up, frustrated to find out where they were and how impossibly obscure that is. Even though it makes thematic sense, the game's areas are also sectioned off into islands, which is a huge step back from Shantae: Risky's Revenge where the whole world was interconnected in cool layer ways, and that was a mobile game! Honestly, Risky's Revenge is better in every way possible except less crisp art since it was a mobile game. The Director's Cut is on Steam, and I easily recommend that game over Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

Half-Genie Hero should be coming out soon, real soon, so here's to hoping it's a return to form for the franchise.

• @holy_angel_mx yes! It took me a long time to get into this game because it's pretty slow in the beginning and I wasn't too eager to dive into a Capcom Zelda game. The other Capcom developed ones were really good but lacked something to be considered masterpieces, IMO. But after everything is established and you get full control it's a very charming game with some fresh ideas that helps set it apart from other Zelda games.

• @matt absolutly! the pace of the game is very nice, not too long, dungeons are the necesary and the extras are wow, the only thing that i didn't do was the figurines, that sucks, ergo i didn't have all the hearts, but i defeated Vaati with only 2 1/2 hearts all the battle :P

now i really need to buy a 3ds to play the other zelda games and several games on the console.

• Just completed Lords of the Fallen. While I like Dark Souls (much) better, it has some unique ideas that set it apart, complemented by a satisfying weight behind smashing a foe with a giant hammer. Everything had a level of heaviness beyond what you see in Souls, which made every move strategic, but also left it feeling a bit clunky. Still an enjoyable jaunt!

• Just beat Quantum break. it used to be terrible when lauch with windows store. now steam version is really good.

best story in games in a while. very unnderrated game

• Global Moderator

Finally finished Dishonored for real for the first time. Before I have played it up to like the third to last level and stoped there. Now I finally got through all the game and must say that those last levels were really good! Now I want to play through it on high chaos and use all the tools rather than sneak and choak! Then I also got all the DLCs to try as they are recommended by people.

• Played Virginia and absolutely loved it!

• @Lotias I'm currently replaying dishonored. I started that game like 4 times before it clicked and now I love it. The level design is absolutely amazing. So many paths to get to your objective and tons of side missions along the way. Every nook and cranny feels thoughtfully placed and believable. So much less of that "HERES A VENT! THIS IS THE STEALTH OPTION!" design that permeates other games that claim to have lots of gamepay choice. You'll really love the DLC, some of the best missions in the game are there. Things dive a little deeper into the supernatural side of dishonored too, which I find really intriguing.

• Global Moderator

@crustef Yeah same here! I have played up to the point I mentioned a few times, but never finished it until now. The level design are one of the games strongest parts. It never feels like you say that the game tells you to go a certain way for playing one way, you kinda just find the way yourself and it doesnt judge you. I just heard good stuff about the DLCs so Im hoping to sink my teeth into them during the next coming weeks! then go back to the main story and play it with high chaos and see how it plays out (and get the trophys).

• @Lotias the level design in the DLC is a step down from the main game imo, but the actual combat/stealth is greatly improved thanks to a much better toolset

• Since both Final Fantasy XV and the Last Guardian got pushed back, I recently delved into my library to play some titles I hadn't touched in some time. I started playing Secret of Mana last week and just couldn't stop. It was my backdoor pilot into the JRPG genre--where my favorite franchise would eventually come from. It's one of those game that anyone who has played it is intimately fond of but, unfortunately, I feel like its existence has been lost to many.

It's a shame that games such as FFVI or EarthBound are constantly remarked on and manage to stay relevant, but Secret of Mana is swept under the rug. And not just by the audience of the industry today. The series still survives but mostly on handheld or mobile platforms. I would give anything to see this game get a proper remake; if for no other reason than to give it the exposure it has lost.

• @Caleb_Aranda You and me both! Secret of Mana is one of my favorite games ever (spoiler for the Top 100 Videogames Ever list!).

Its real-time, action-oriented combat was very original at the time for an RPG, the graphics were colorful, the sprites detailed, everything was leagues above Link to the Past for example. The soundtrack still gives me chills, ranging from jolly to dark to epic to emotional.

I'm so bummed that Square Enix never went back to this series with a proper successor (none of the GBA/DS games had the same charm and quality), and now like you said, it's getting even worse with shitty mobile games.

I recently read a very thorough article on Seiken Densetsu 3 (which would have been Secret of Mana 2 had it ever released in the West), and it made me so nostalgic for it. I'd take a Virtual Console release of that game over Mother 3 any day!

• @Caleb_Aranda Ah, thanks for the reminder! I downloaded that to my Wii years ago, but never played it and forgot it was on there! Guess I should check it out.

• Finished Super Robot Wars OG The Moon Dwellers, the last 10 or so stages are amazing, some huge plot twists, unexpected actions, secret characters and really tough battles with ridiculously overpowered bosses

I'm kinda tempted to immediately start my second playthrough

• Finished Gone Home during my lunch break yesterday.

It had been sitting on my PS4 HDD for too long so I figured it was about time I played it. I am very impressed! It's a great example of environmental storytelling done right, even if there is a lot of game type logic applied to it. (Objects of interest are dotted around the house rather than being clustered together as they would be in a real home) I found the various narrative threads you slowly unpick very interesting and heartwarming to a certain extent. It explores young love in an interesting way and also goes a long way to highlight parents needing to be more involved in their kids interests and wants. Also that every family has its secrets and that letting them build up can be destructive. I can understand why this generated as much buzz as it did when it was first released.

It's a great little game with something important to say.

• I just finished Far Cry 4. I've had it quite some time.

• @Sheria said in Last game you finished:

I just finished Far Cry 4. I've had it quite some time.

I couldnot bother to finish FC4. it was so damn boring. FC3 was much better actually.