Last game you finished

• Resident Evil 6

Been awhile since I played this so it was time to do it. Fresh save on PS4(145h on PS3) and splitting it between campaigns and playing solo/AI partner because it's way better than in RE5 and came through 95% of the time. AI died 3-4 times throughout all campaigns and only one was 100% their fault. Also I died 43 times(half intentionally because of getting max health after it) and some BS deaths. Also one part where I usually die didn't happen because of it. Also AI partner healing when I'm downed saved me from probably 100 deaths(best skill on solo). Anyway let's get into it.

Leon/Helena

I hate this campaign. It's all over the place and have "smart" zombies. I did mention how bad enemies react to shots and it's just awful. You go down so much that you wonder if the univercity is located in the sky because it feels like forever going down and down and down. 1st location is just stupid and has stupid parts to it where you help civilians but they die immidiately next scene.Getting crushed by an ambulance is nice but I knew about it before so avoided it totally. The whole crypt part is probably the worst RE location in my opinion.
    Enter China. Plane crashed? No problem. What I like about this game is you encountering people from other campaigns but they are doing same stuff so basically you beat the same part twice multiple times going through all scenarios.
    Then we get to Simmons whom I hate with passion. This is the part where the virus doesn't make sense. It's like what can we make him turn into that looks cool. This petty guy who has confusing dialogue and has a huge hard-on on Ada which is basically the main plot(besides president's confession which didn't happen because he was taken out). The game just becomes a mess that just is there to throw in all action scenes they can think of. Also you can't run for the first 30 minutes or so which is even worse since I didn't include tutorial in it.
    Fighting Simmons is just a chore to go through and fighting him was never fun.

Chris/Piers

This campaign is basically just a shooter. It's at least consistent on that part so you won't get annoying WTF moments because it's pretty straightforward. Of course enemy count gets annoying at times but it's nothing I couldn't handle. Also since I played as Chris, I didn't need to do the worst part mostly like the driving and losing your target. Also AI did good in final boss so it was a breeze.
    I hate snipers so much. You're overwhelmed by them on couple of parts but man leaving bad parts for Piers was just fun.
    Favorite enemies:

This game has couple of really good ones. Also ending was probably best one but the bar is pretty low on that.
    Haoh was a non-issue even on the escape part since I have played it enough to know what to do in that part.
    Piers dying during escape at the harbor was 100% on AI. Guess that's because of his name. Also 4 character part was good where they are on roofs and others are on the ground is what I want other similar ones be and not just the same part.

Ada/HUNK wannabe

Looks like playing offline makes me play without one they patched in later. Her campaign is the worst but has some good stuff working at the background and supporting or watching other people. Carla was just as shallow as Simmons and both having the same frigging line "You got me, well played" just riled me up how bad it was. And Carla's final part was super annoying even normal. Probably the worst boss in the whole franchise.
    Also Deborah fight blows since I don't have a knife just to finish her.

Jake/ Sherry

While Jake has a cool dash and combo(he is Wesker's son after all) I didn't want to do the beginning of China part with him because it sucks(also Sherry in that outfit). Good thing is Sherry is carrying good weapons with her. Thoughout the game this campaign was the only time I had plenty of ammo all way through(Sadly I was hogging them that I didn't end up using most of it). Driving part is even worse on this one and I dided like 3 times on snowmobile at the same part which sucked. Thankfully Jake did all the driving part on bike in China.
    Before China though there was a part where I wanted to get a treasure and Jake died twice because AI somehow wanted to go in front of Ustanak or whatever it's called.
    This campaign was so cheesy and final part is cheesy to the max that I laughed. Love it.

Conclusion

I might sound negative throughout the game but I still enjoy playing it. It has lots of problems and annoyances. The game took me 22 hours to beat and I wasn't rushing but it clearly was just too big for its own good. A Jack of All Trades - Master of None.
    It has solid controls and mechanisms that unfortunately doesn't work on many enemies and some have insane tracking onto you. The secret maneuvers you can do but is never explained is cool and you can probably find it on the internet like dash-quickturn-aim and other stuff(Lost Planet 2 with transforming mechs that combine!). Surroundings and locked camera angles can be tricky at times too since you can trip(whose dumb idea was it?) or collide against the wall.
    Animation and voice acting is top notch though script is abysmall at times.
    I think I liked it less this time around because while playing co-op is more struggle and all, it's still enjoyable since you can laugh at stuffs and playing together always feels good(unless you're playing as Sheva in RE5 final boss)

[6.5/10]

• Full Throttle

It's not my favourite point n click adventure but it's the one I would recommend to anyone who wants to try out a classic 90s title. It's very cinematic, solid fun writing and the puzzles are pretty straight forward. It's a game that you can finish in one sitting and that works really well with its presentation and writing.

At the time this felt like an attempt to make the genre more accessible, and that's what kept it from being really a top tier adventure, but at the same time I can appreciate what they did building such a cool cinematic experience.

(re)Played the remastered version, great job in updating the sound and visuals. You can also opt for developer commentary which makes a replay very worth it. Tim Schaefer is super funny and the insight into production is priceless.

8/10

• Needed a change of pace and a smaller game so started

Abzû

Delightful game. Was a bit more emotional because of cold and a headache on couple of parts. You can clearly compare it to that other game but both has their own strenght in certain parts and glad it can be done in one sitting. Couple of things I wasn't fan off but not a big deal.

[7.5/10]

• Demon's Souls (PS5)

Very interesting playing the first "souls" game again after all these years. I think it's still one of my favorite From games. I really love the level design in Demon's Souls, more so than any Souls game, with the Tower of Latria being a real standout.

I critize newer From games (Sekiro, Bloodborne and Dark Souls III) for being too difficult, especially the bosses in those games. But coming back to Demon's Souls after playing those games i think the demon's Souls bosses are now way too easy. I didn't even come close to dying on any of the bosses. I do like how varied they are here but some of the bosses that are meant to be agressive, like Maneater and Flamelurker, feel so dull and weak in comparison to newer From games. While I remember them giving me a lot of trouble back in the day.

• The Wolf Among Us

In the abundance of "free" games we are showered nowadays it's not unusual to find out that I already own a game without remembering it. I found out I had twau and decided to give it a go, now I can't wait for the second season.

Really stellar cast of characters and universe, it nails the dark gritty atmosphere with its music, colour palette and themes. The first episode is near flawless. The following four never reach that same high but their still great. Some crashes on the last two episodes.

It's not as emotionally impactful as the first Walking Dead but I feel the writing is much more thought provoking, mostly because its themes are so grounded, real and relatable. Made me want to check the books.

8/10

• Just finished Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and it's pretty fun. I messed around quite a bit during the first few hours, but it became quickly clear to me that the main story missions offer much more exciting levels and environments than most of the side activities. Not to mention progressing through the story unlocks new areas to explore, which also get progressively more beautiful and harder to tackle. There's an okay story too. it's nothing special but it's engaging enough.

At their best, the main traversal mechanics feels fluid, responsive, and satisfying to pull off. There's also gadgets that Faith unlocks after certain missions, which helps spice things up by introducing extra abilities such as swinging and zipping to the mix. Unfortunately the controls can get a bit finicky, and I end up dying by accidentally jumping off to my death quite often. Thankfully the respawn time is pretty quick, so for the most part it's not too bad. There's also the runner vision, which basically guides me to the waypoints by showing a red arrow passing through the environment. It works okay for the most part, but sometimes it just takes a while for the marker to show up (and it can even disappear suddenly!), which can be quite annoying.

The open world structure felt unambitious, and it's because of the lack of variety and reward in the side activities. Most of them are just time trials, and there's too many of them. I didn't even feel the need to do most of them, because the rewards are only XPs, and the leveling system in this game is quite lacking since most of the best upgrades are the early ones. It ends up being a cycle of unsatisfaction. There are a few side stuff that I liked, like the ones where I had to climb big towers to unlock safe houses, and they're great because the level design gets quite challenging.

Hopefully there's another Mirror's Edge game coming some day. There's no need to make it super big budget, and they certainly didn't need to make it open world if they can't make the most of it.

(7/10)

• Resident Evil 2 & Resident Evil 3 remakes

Went route Leon A and Claire B because I just love using Quickdraw Army. It's just such a fun gun to use and I prefer Claire's campaign a bit more mainly because playing as Ada wasn't fun and Sherry's story is emotional(such a good VA Along with Marvin's in A scenario). Such a great game even if it comes a bit short on remake side though not as nearly as much as RE3 which is clearly a disappointment when it comes to remaking an old classic. For me original 2&3 were pretty equally great but RE3 was the one I finished 9-10 times to unlock every post ending information and learning that your choices mattered and changed a lot of things and how long it was(After 2-3 runs saved only once or twice because I once died far into a game and had to start over).

People will always shit on RE3 remake but it was still mostly fun to play. It has so much improved stuff. The inventory slots like in REmake 2, the bonuses you can buy from shop, the hospital part and enemies and not to mention the biggest improvement. The dodge(still remember playing as Carlos in Mercenaries and near the end I had a full health and heal, lots of AR ammo but he did dodge all the time because shooting was the same button and got decapitated by a hunter or Nikolai dying downstairs of finish line because there were bunch of zombies blocking the way) is simply superior and makes the game the best it has ever controlled as. And characters are most fleshed out in this even if I like Nikolai in original too. Nemesis looks cool but it being like original Mr.X while Mr.X got a Nemesis treatment really hurts the most. Goes to show that something went wrong during development( which is probably Capcom's fault because they wanted to make it different from original). Also that STARS dialogue happening early in the game really showed how they messed scriptwise. And I hate the whole Deimos section.

Still a [9/10 and 8/10] even if I feel more bummed on RE3

PS. I just started RE4 and for half an hour I tried to get accustomed with the controls. Didn't work out since on GCN 2nd analog stick was trash and didn't notice it there while playing it but now after having played lots of games with a good right stick no matter how much I tried which stick to use to aim, it felt uncomfortable especially when you can still use right one as a camera 90 degrees to the side. I can't wait to see how RE4 remake will play since it will definitely not be this ancient control scheme unless it's optional. Also a game I don't mind if they trimmed it a lot like RE3 remake because I only liked 30% of the environment in this game(it was fun at the time but that's the main reason why I don't replay RE4 much. 3 times on GCN and one on PS3).

• @tearju-engi I also find RE4 unplayable.

• Hellblade

Was feeling like replaying this game for a while now, it's such a solid cohesive experience. Particularly the sound design is pretty much unmatched. I'm such a big fan of games that get rid of HUD through good game design and Hellblade kills it. No waypoints, no mission description, no energy bars, nothing, even enemy off-screen proximity is done through audio. It was cool replaying it to just to remind me of how incredible it is.

Gameplay is fine. I like the environmental puzzles and how seeking meaning in patterns ties with mental health. But I would like to see it explored further, with more nuance. Combat while not amazing feels visceral, perhaps a bit too simple but as there's not an abundance of encounters it does enough of a good job in keeping things interesting. Definitely room for improvement.

Love this game but I'm kinda nervous about the sequel. Might be a great game on its own but I will be surprised if it keeps feeling this unique, even experimental at times.

8.5/10

• Marvel's Avengers

I honestly enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. I was hoping for basically Destiny with Marvel characters but actually got a pretty solid and cinematic singleplayer experience. Kamala Khan is perhaps one of the most endearing characters I've encountered in a game recently, and my penchant for capeshit helped me look past some of the game's other faults.

8/10

• New Pokemon Snap

Managing to successfully satiate nostalgia and revitalize one of Nintendo 64's most pleasurable videogame experiences, New Pokemon Snap is a breezy and relaxing on-rails photography game, managing to capitalize on what the original did so well, making discovering new Pokemon a joy and a revelation, constantly prodding you to find the best moments and capture them in snapshots. It's a little discouraging that you can't make the Pokemon evolve as you could do in the original game, and the star rating system is needless, but what truly matters is that New Pokemon Snap embraces the heart of its twenty-two year-old predecessor and successfully brings it to the modern day on the Switch in a serene and mostly impressive way.

8/10