Last game you finished

• Dragon Warrior 2 for GBC, now moving to the opposite franchise, Final Fantasy 1 to 6 before the end of the year

• Owlboy. 10/10 GOTY. As with most classics it's the little unique things that leave the biggest impression. Music is MVP.

• @pinecone wow, first I've heard of this. Hope it comes to PS4 and/or Vita.

• Just platinumed Persona 5 and its an easy GOTY for me

• @Yaz Trust me when I say that I mean this in the best possible way.

I realllly hate you right now.

• Deponia 4/10 - My first point and click game since i was a kid and i ended up disappointed. Bad story/characters , boring environments and plain unfunny which was a selling point. Thankfully there's plenty other games in the genre beckoning me to play them like Broken Age and the Lucasarts remasters.

Inside 6/10 (7 if objective) - While an incredible study in game feel it lacks impact and resonance. Story is barely there with it having to be cobbled together from minuscule hints and background elements. Both endings leave you hollow even if you love it and think abut them afterwards. I didn't like Limbo either but at least that game had the Spider, Inside is unmemorable in most aspects except game feel.

• @pinecone Whew, glad I wasn't the only one that didn't care for Deponia. All the reviews I saw were basically glowing but I couldn't stomach the game. The main character was ridiculously unlikable.

• @Yaz said in Last game you finished:

Just platinumed Persona 5 and its an easy GOTY for me

This combined with the delay of the Western version earns you -5 wear hogs.

It's tearing me inside out, I really want it but playing Japanese version of ffv15 platinum disk I hate not knowing what's going on. Thanks again for this post.

• @bard91 haha im sorry! I really do feel bad for you guys but you get dual audio which is 👌👌👌

• @robert7lee I'll gladly take those wearhogs 😁

Learning jap has made it so worth, but when ya'll do get it, prepare for loooong nights

• @Yaz I'm currently learning, but I know I'm not at a point where I can tackle a game like P5

• Just beat Uncharted 3, and there;s a very unpopular opinion coming ahead.

The only thing that impresses me about this game, is how it somehow manages to dissapoint given my incredibly low expectations, I feel as this is not only a step back from 2 (which I think is decent) but I may even put it below the first game (which was barely decent in my book).

I felt this game was mediocre in so many ways, I have a hard time understanding how it is so beloved.

• Job Simulator. Sad, I know, but I've been having a lot of fun with PlayStation VR.

• @bard91 said in Last game you finished:

Just beat Uncharted 3, and there;s a very unpopular opinion coming ahead.

The only thing that impresses me about this game, is how it somehow manages to dissapoint given my incredibly low expectations, I feel as this is not only a step back from 2 (which I think is decent) but I may even put it below the first game (which was barely decent in my book).

I felt this game was mediocre in so many ways, I have a hard time understanding how it is so beloved.

You're dead to me!

• @bard91 That's pretty much why I don't really want to bother with it since I already didn't like U2 much and actually most people say U3 is worse than U2.

• @Musou-Tensei Unless you wan to be bewildered by the amount of plot holes they are able to put into a game as short as this, or you get off by the overuse of scripted sequences, then yeah don't bother. I have no problem saying that this game has no worth for anyone that didn't enjoy the previous games.

• @thenerdtheword the truth hurts, but nos as much as playing U3 :P

• I'm actually a weird person. I've played games all my life but I rarely finished games.

I used to play games that had no ending like Premier Manager 97, Heroes of Might and Magic II/III, Age of Empires II, Command and Conquer, Counter Strike etc. Then I started with MMOs (Tibia and World of Warcraft). After that I started playing MOBAs (Heroes of Newerth). And in between there's been a lot of multiplayer games like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2. So it's only been recently that I've started playing and finishing games.

The ones I've actually finished (that I can remember) is:

DOOM (2016), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Half Life 2, Hitman 2, Portal, Stanley Parable, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Talos Principle, Fallout 4 and The Witness. (Only the base games that is. Not finished any of the DLCs).

This actually seems really bad, but my backlog is bigger since I have an even bigger issue actually sitting down and starting a game. I usually end up playing something familiar instead.

• After hearing about the Dragon Quest series so much, I decided to dip my toe in, and what more logical place to start than with the first one? So I played the GBC remake/port (couldn't figure out which it technically is) of Dragon Warrior and I quite enjoyed it. I would have gone on to 2 by now if I hadn't heard that it's a terrible sequel and if Pokemon Sun/Moon hadn't come out.

• Dragon Quest 2 isn't exactly terrible. It's much bigger than the first game, and has party members. It even has a pretty cool surprise/reference to the first game that's interesting.

The problem is, it's a goose chase. It's just big and cryptic and kind of a pain in the ass. I'd recommend giving it a shot, at least until you get the boat and check out the world---then decide if it's worth pulling through.