Last game you finished

• Over the weekend I finished Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

I really enjoyed Dream Drop Distance but I do have some complaints. The battle system was a blast and the lore added was great (in KH terms). I liked how you could use different dream eaters which had different abilities when you linked to them, and I liked how linking was different between Sora and Riku. On the the negatives. Flowmotion is broken and ruins exploring the levels. You don't need to actually traverse the level they way they designed because you can just get anywhere by dashing and jumping. Also the frame traps were REAL. Until I was able to get leaf bracer I died all of the time because enemies could just keep hitting me until I did without any chance to dodge, block or heal. Even having leaf bracer, last chance, and once more(?) doesn't necessarily solve this. Another complaint, which I can't really knock it for since it was a handheld game, is the lack of NPCs and just other being inhabiting these worlds. The worst was going around Paris and never seeing another soul. You go to the gypsy hideout and no one if there besides Esmeralda. I really hope KH3 built on the latest and greatest can include some NPCs.

0.2 A Fragmentary Passage was fantastic. That game was beautiful and played great. Some of the other battle mechanics in other KH games are all good in their own way but it felt so good to return to a mainline battle system. I enjoyed what the story did and playing through that made me so excited for KH3. I mean seeing Destiny Island on a PS4 was a highlight since I haven't really seen it since the PS2. So hyped for 3 after this!

The Back Cover movie was decent. It didn't really provide much important story details but it was a fun movie to watch regardless. Master of Masters was an amazing character, I want more of him!

Although I didn't beat it or anything I did stop playing Fire Emblem Heroes. I got a 3 star Robin, who i really wanted and started training him up to get him to 5 stars. As soon as I leveled him up to 4 star I immediately asked myself why I was playing the game and promptly closed it to never look back. It did get me really wanting to play a real Fire Emblem game, so maybe one day I'll own a Switch and get to play a new one.

• Pokemon Moon.

starting Earthbound though and going to try and finish that.

• 13/02/2017 - Yakuza 0 (PS4) - 10/10

• @DisturbedSwan
    I believe you mean 100/10

• Dark Souls - solid 6/10

A goofier, lighter game than Demon's Souls that recycles far too many of that previous game's ideas. The interconnected world doesn't really strike my fancy that much. It seemed contrived; friendly. Like a world whose being seems to exist in spite of the player, but whose design seems to be in support of them.

There are things I liked quite a bit. Capping the amount of healing items per life is really nice, and I like that all characters come and go in passing. I probably would have thought more of the game if that last third or so wasn't so joyless.

• @Ringedwithtile yea the last part of the game especially lost izalith was really rushed

• A short while ago I've finished The Legend of Heroes: Trais of Cold Steel II on PS3 (also available on Vita, cross save possible).
    Fantastic JRPG and together with the 1st one I consider them modern classics. Imo it is mandatory though to play the 1st game since 2 is a direct sequel. 2 gives you a summary of what happens in 1 but really 1 is also just a fantastic game, also similar to Mass Effect you can transfer you save. All that's missing for nearly perfection is dual audio, the english VA's make a great job but I'm a weeb.
    My GotY 2016

I wish they would release a double pack eventually for PS4 and release them on Steam (like the TiTS series) as well so more people can play them.

• @Musou-Tensei i liked everyone's voice except alisa's her voice is grading

• Killzone Shadow Fall, of all things. Felt like a game determined to get less interesting and make less sense the longer it went on, but still a respectable FPS romp when at its worst.

Next up: A Link Between Worlds.

• @J_K_Day said in Last game you finished:

Killzone Shadow Fall, of all things. Felt like a game determined to get less interesting and make less sense the longer it went on, but still a respectable FPS romp when at its worst.

Next up: A Link Between Worlds.

I was a tester on Shadow Fall! It was my first job in the games industry so I have a weird love for the game :)

• @FF7Cloud Didn't mind anyone's voice really, still can't wait to replay them in japanese.

• @thenerdtheword Ha, excellent. A totally glitch-free experience, by the way. You must be a QA master.

• @J_K_Day it was a great QA team to be a part of and it gave me a lot of experience that has all worked towards getting me to where I am now :)

• Finished Grandia 2 a week ago.
    Ordered FFXV so that looks to be the next on my list of completed

• @Musou-Tensei said in Last game you finished:

I wish they would release a double pack eventually for PS4 and release them on Steam (like the TiTS series) as well so more people can play them.

I take that back.

• @FF7Cloud When in combat the way Alisa says "Fire!" is sincerely one of the most annoying sounds ever.

• Dear Esther - Landmark edition: OMG! My mind is blown!

• @Inustar i know she gets better in the second one, everyone else is right on point

• RE7. It's a great game, does feel like it was maybe slapped together after the positive reception of the Kitchen demo.

• A Link Between Worlds - serious New Super Mario Bros. vibes, in the sense that it's a technically proficient, modernised representation of a classic gameplay style, but is stymied by totally uninspiring art direction.

I actually don't mind the presentation of the NSMB games, but for Zelda, a game that is basically about exploring a world, you really want something more evocative.

Just my tuppence.