Last game you finished

• Dark Souls - solid 6/10

A goofier, lighter game than Demon's Souls that recycles far too many of that previous game's ideas. The interconnected world doesn't really strike my fancy that much. It seemed contrived; friendly. Like a world whose being seems to exist in spite of the player, but whose design seems to be in support of them.

There are things I liked quite a bit. Capping the amount of healing items per life is really nice, and I like that all characters come and go in passing. I probably would have thought more of the game if that last third or so wasn't so joyless.

• @Ringedwithtile yea the last part of the game especially lost izalith was really rushed

• A short while ago I've finished The Legend of Heroes: Trais of Cold Steel II on PS3 (also available on Vita, cross save possible).
    Fantastic JRPG and together with the 1st one I consider them modern classics. Imo it is mandatory though to play the 1st game since 2 is a direct sequel. 2 gives you a summary of what happens in 1 but really 1 is also just a fantastic game, also similar to Mass Effect you can transfer you save. All that's missing for nearly perfection is dual audio, the english VA's make a great job but I'm a weeb.
    My GotY 2016

I wish they would release a double pack eventually for PS4 and release them on Steam (like the TiTS series) as well so more people can play them.

• @Musou-Tensei i liked everyone's voice except alisa's her voice is grading

• Killzone Shadow Fall, of all things. Felt like a game determined to get less interesting and make less sense the longer it went on, but still a respectable FPS romp when at its worst.

Next up: A Link Between Worlds.

• @J_K_Day said in Last game you finished:

Killzone Shadow Fall, of all things. Felt like a game determined to get less interesting and make less sense the longer it went on, but still a respectable FPS romp when at its worst.

Next up: A Link Between Worlds.

I was a tester on Shadow Fall! It was my first job in the games industry so I have a weird love for the game :)

• @FF7Cloud Didn't mind anyone's voice really, still can't wait to replay them in japanese.

• @thenerdtheword Ha, excellent. A totally glitch-free experience, by the way. You must be a QA master.

• @J_K_Day it was a great QA team to be a part of and it gave me a lot of experience that has all worked towards getting me to where I am now :)

• Finished Grandia 2 a week ago.
    Ordered FFXV so that looks to be the next on my list of completed

• @Musou-Tensei said in Last game you finished:

I wish they would release a double pack eventually for PS4 and release them on Steam (like the TiTS series) as well so more people can play them.

I take that back.

• @FF7Cloud When in combat the way Alisa says "Fire!" is sincerely one of the most annoying sounds ever.

• Dear Esther - Landmark edition: OMG! My mind is blown!

• @Inustar i know she gets better in the second one, everyone else is right on point

• RE7. It's a great game, does feel like it was maybe slapped together after the positive reception of the Kitchen demo.

• A Link Between Worlds - serious New Super Mario Bros. vibes, in the sense that it's a technically proficient, modernised representation of a classic gameplay style, but is stymied by totally uninspiring art direction.

I actually don't mind the presentation of the NSMB games, but for Zelda, a game that is basically about exploring a world, you really want something more evocative.

Just my tuppence.

• @FF7Cloud oh thank god, cause right now I almost never use her unless I have to. This has made me a little sad since I usually like using characters with archery skills.

• I don't like this thread because I don't finish video games.

Dishonored 2
    Watch Dogs 2
    Nioh
    For Honor
    Final Fantasy 15
    Yakuza 0
    Planet Coaster (haven't even played)
    Civilization VI (only played 120 hours)
    Last of Us Remastered
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    Bloodborne.

pls send help I don't need zelda or Horizon Zero Dawn.

• I just finished Resident Evil VII for the second time. I got the "bad" ending the first time so I wanted to see what was different If I got the other one. It's almost the same ending, but the game's so good I'd say it's defeinitely worth multiple playthroughs.

• Banned

Just finished Halo Wars 2, it was good though it felt like a giant teaser for what's coming in Halo 6.