Last game you finished

• Killzone Shadow Fall, of all things. Felt like a game determined to get less interesting and make less sense the longer it went on, but still a respectable FPS romp when at its worst.

Next up: A Link Between Worlds.

• @J_K_Day said in Last game you finished:

Killzone Shadow Fall, of all things. Felt like a game determined to get less interesting and make less sense the longer it went on, but still a respectable FPS romp when at its worst.

Next up: A Link Between Worlds.

I was a tester on Shadow Fall! It was my first job in the games industry so I have a weird love for the game :)

• @FF7Cloud Didn't mind anyone's voice really, still can't wait to replay them in japanese.

• @thenerdtheword Ha, excellent. A totally glitch-free experience, by the way. You must be a QA master.

• @J_K_Day it was a great QA team to be a part of and it gave me a lot of experience that has all worked towards getting me to where I am now :)

• Finished Grandia 2 a week ago.
    Ordered FFXV so that looks to be the next on my list of completed

• @Musou-Tensei said in Last game you finished:

I wish they would release a double pack eventually for PS4 and release them on Steam (like the TiTS series) as well so more people can play them.

I take that back.

• @FF7Cloud When in combat the way Alisa says "Fire!" is sincerely one of the most annoying sounds ever.

• Dear Esther - Landmark edition: OMG! My mind is blown!

• @Inustar i know she gets better in the second one, everyone else is right on point

• RE7. It's a great game, does feel like it was maybe slapped together after the positive reception of the Kitchen demo.

• A Link Between Worlds - serious New Super Mario Bros. vibes, in the sense that it's a technically proficient, modernised representation of a classic gameplay style, but is stymied by totally uninspiring art direction.

I actually don't mind the presentation of the NSMB games, but for Zelda, a game that is basically about exploring a world, you really want something more evocative.

Just my tuppence.

• @FF7Cloud oh thank god, cause right now I almost never use her unless I have to. This has made me a little sad since I usually like using characters with archery skills.

• I don't like this thread because I don't finish video games.

Dishonored 2
    Watch Dogs 2
    Nioh
    For Honor
    Final Fantasy 15
    Yakuza 0
    Planet Coaster (haven't even played)
    Civilization VI (only played 120 hours)
    Last of Us Remastered
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    Bloodborne.

pls send help I don't need zelda or Horizon Zero Dawn.

• I just finished Resident Evil VII for the second time. I got the "bad" ending the first time so I wanted to see what was different If I got the other one. It's almost the same ending, but the game's so good I'd say it's defeinitely worth multiple playthroughs.

• Banned

Just finished Halo Wars 2, it was good though it felt like a giant teaser for what's coming in Halo 6.

• Gravity Rush 2 is an absolute treat.

• DOOM (2016) - 3/10

Man what a gutless game.

A game where even the joys of blowing away demons is stripped from you, where they prefer to politely stop, egregiously glow, and let you hokey-pokey on their face. If you're having trouble, no worry!---like Mario Kart, we'll give you a hand. Blow away an imp and earn some health back. And don't worry, you've got weapon upgrades and suit upgrades and rune powers and there's a power-up in nearly every area and a chainsaw and a BFG just in case. Even the battle arenas are offensively supportive, almost as if they're crafted not to have corners of any kind. It's a game of rounded edges. Sharp corners would hurt too much.

• @J_K_Day u finished it though? like i feel it has a lot of its own charm

• @Bigdude1 Yup. I will say, it did grow on me as I was mopping up the ancillary stuff. The overworld has a lot of the sense of place (and, dare I say, context) that I wanted from the dungeons. Would still have preferred some more creativity in the art style, which is something that Zelda has traditionally done very well at, but hey. Now for Hero mode.