Last game you finished

• MY thoughts of persona 5

Gameplay: where the game shines its great the best battle system of the series by far normal was the perfect challenge for me.

Story: the weakest part of the game while the characters are awsome the overall story is nothing to write home about

Presentation: the look is overall very good. you can tell it is a ps3 game however the music is probably best in the series

8.5/10 a overalll very good but not amazing game if the story had a bit more bite to it it would have been one of the greats.

• Global Moderator

I finished "Loco Roco Remastered" its short, sweet and pretty fun. I absolutely love the music. Never got to play it due to never owning a PSP. I was always jealous of a friend who had it and wouldn't let me play it hahaha.

• Mass Effect Andromeda

Too bad it had that buggy release that really hammered reviews, reception, and sales. And taking the social justice theme a tad bit too far that it felt forced and unnatural. As its one of the best games in the series.

Poured 75 hours into it over the past 2 weeks. Its been an addiction and fun ride. With better decisive choices to make that aren't black and white. Anticipating the sequel, which I hope gets made. Great final hours that concluded Andromeda's story with unexpected plot twists.

• @-Jak- Question: If a NPC or team member goes SJW, can I be mean to them, you know, having the option to tell them to STFU or so, or would be my character forced to agree with this garbage or even to be one himself? Also is a relationship forced on me? Because from what I've seen, I'd not want a relationship with any of those characters.
    You can already get this game for 20€ used, in a few months it probably drops even lower, as a huge fan of the original trilogy I still want to play this eventually as the gameplay and exploration, and overal sci fi theme seems to be good, I just don't want to give a single cent to EA nor Bioware anymore.

• @Musou-Tensei said in Last game you finished:

@-Jak- Question: If a NPC or team member goes SJW, can I be mean to them, you know, having the option to tell them to STFU or so, or would be my character forced to agree with this garbage or even to be one himself? Also is a relationship forced on me? Because from what I've seen, I'd not want a relationship with any of those characters.
    You can already get this game for 20€ used, in a few months it probably drops even lower, as a huge fan of the original trilogy I still want to play this eventually as the gameplay and exploration, and overal sci fi theme seems to be good, I just don't want to give a single cent to EA nor Bioware anymore.

Honestly thought this post was satire 'if a team member goes SJW' lol

alt text

As for Mass Effect Andromeda, if you're a fan of the original trilogy I suggest you ignore the majority of the reviews and go out and play it yourself, it's a fantastic game and my second favourite ME game after ME2.

Its cheap enough now, you'll get 60+ hours out of it for not a lot of cash, great value proposition even at full price in my view.

• @DisturbedSwan It basically means
    alt text
    and
    alt text
    and also
    alt text

One of the main reasons I love the trilogy are the characters, my waifu Tali and my bro Garrus can't be replaced but from what I've seen and heard, none of the characters seems likable.

• @Musou-Tensei The appearance of Jon Tron in those gifs suggests it isn't worth continuing this conversation xD

All I'll say is, I loved many of the characters in MEA, spend 60+ hours with them too, give them a chance and I think you'll like them too :)

• @DisturbedSwan I don't think so.

• @Musou-Tensei The romance is optional. You have to choose the romance dialogue options to hook up with anyone. One NCP will try to come on to you. But you can tell her you'll like to keep it professional.

Most of the SJ themes are behind lore that you can't directly respond to. Such as a description of the Milky Way being a "melting pot of diversity". Or dialogue your own character makes to discourage bigotry per se. So there's no telling someone to STFU for SJ dialogues. Which does sound like a shortcoming of a game that's suppose to let you make your own character. But fortunately the SJ themes can get lost or overlook if you get immersed into the game.

• Snake Pass. Finally. And despite what Kyle says, jumping is actually required to beat the game.
    I actually wanted it to be a bit shorter, and rather have a fully functioning camera, but it is a good game, all in all, and it's different from other things, so worth a try.

• Finally beat Zelda: Breath of the Wild! It felt disingenuous to fight the final boss not in the green tunic, and I don't have any amiibo, do I finished all the shrines, fully upgraded the gear, and then went for castle. Totally worth it!

• 22/05/3017 - Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) - 8/10

• Finished up Demon's Souls tonight.. I'm glad I finally got around to playing it!

I really enjoyed it. I still think Dark Souls is the superior game, though I really like that Demon's gives you access to all the worlds immediately. I also think its length was better, I feel like Dark Souls starts to drag a bit later on and could have been trimmed a tad.

I'm torn between the estus/bonfire system of Dark Souls and the health system in Demon's. Around mid game I felt like I was needing to farm a lot for grass but toward the end I had more than I needed.. I think I prefer the estus out of convenience and deciding whether or not to kindle adds an extra layer of strategy and difficulty in my opinion.

Finally, I thought Demon's was pretty easy but I'm sure that's only because its the last of the series I played. I probably would have had a really tough time if I played it when it first came out. A couple areas were problematic for me and really only the Maneater boss took a good several tries.. nothing like some of the Bloodborne bosses or Fume Knight or something though.

• Finally finished Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, the last one of the "trilogy". It had some fun maps and a better story than Birthright and Conquest, but only because it felt like the true ending; as a standalone it's as generic and predictable as the other two.

Gameplay-wise, I still love this series, but I hope the next game will have a more mature, gritty and engaging story.

And by the next game I mean Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia which I should receive this week...

• I finally finished Persona 5. Its my new favorite game and I'm sad I'm done. I'm not going to new game + it or trophy hunt because I would rather end on a good note then try to immediately jump back into a game I spent 2 months playing and end up getting sick of it.

• Got around to Metroid Prime finally! I figured there's a decent chance of Metroid showing up at E3, so I wanted to study up a little bit before that happened.

Really enjoyed it, and it wasn't as daunting of a task as I thought it might be. I'm usually the completionist type, and Metroid games always scared me because I knew(at least with the older ones) that it would be near impossible to 100% without a guide to help me out, but I almost got there on my own with Metroid Prime. By the end I was at around 90% and I decided I should just go ahead and beat it.

Probably gonna take a couple days before getting into Prime 2, but I'm excited for it!

• Finished a playthrough of CK2 as the King of Khotan... tried to see if I could survive an entire playthrough without expending, even with the Mongol invasions.

Turns out I couldn't deal with Genghis Khan's arrival on the scene, and had to swear fealty to his horde, until all of his event troops dissipated which led to make declaring independence and finishing the game where I began it.

The addition of Tibet in the next big patch/expansion has me motivated to play more recently.

• 29/05/2017 - NieR Automata - Routes A, B, C, D & E + All Achievements (PC) - 7/10

• I actually went back and played my old save file of Final Fantasy XIII. I was about 25 hours in when I stopped playing years ago. I just decided to hop back in randomly one day and I actually finished it. I enjoyed it for the most part. Didn't get anything out of the story, but I sure do love that battle system. I might check out XIII-2 one day, never played that one since I never took the time to finish XIII.

• @Jamicov I always get giddy whenever I see someone playing through any Metroid game for the first time and having a blast! Don't rush it if you feel like you need a longer break in between those games. I did the same as you and felt a bit burned-out halfway through Prime 2.