Last game you finished

• alt text
    Advance Wars 2
    Great game! Although, just like the first game, some of the missions can get very frustrating, especially the longer ones.

I wanna play the DS games at some point, too, but I think I'll wait for Wargroove before continuing with this series. Don't wanna get genre fatigue.

• Last game i finished was Persona 5. It was also my first Persona game ever. Love love LOVED it.

Game took me 96 hours to complete and i jumped on thanks to Ben Moore but really enjoyed.

There were a few aspect i hated and the game IMO dragged on a fair bit especially towards the end. But it didnt take away from the rest if the game.

• Samus Returns, Samus Returns and (soon)... Samus Returns.

A normal 100%-completion run, a Fusion run, and a normal "fast as I can" run (still not very fast).

I really enjoy this game.

• Finished the Story of Tales of Berseria last night

Story: Thank god this was better then Zesteria. the plot, the characters was better. Set in the same world as Zesteria about a 1000 years in the past. You play as a young woman who lives in a small village with her deceased sister's husband and her sickly brother she lives a peaceful life until her brother in law sacrifices her brother to basically become a Jedi. He then opens a pseudo religious military force (very similar to the jedi order) while Velvet (the main Character) is turned into a demon and locked away. Three years later her Brother in laws Malak (people with magic ability that can link with humans that can sense and see them) escapes him and free's her . she then goes on a quest for revenge that becomes much bigger. The story has its moments but never does anything to reach the next gear just when you think somethings gonna happen to make this game memorable it misses its opportunity. Also it has to much filler and i think they were obligated to reach a 40 hour play time and about 5 hours could have been cut from the quest and nothing would have changed. the 6 playable characters where all good with Eizen and Rokourou being stand outs and each characters motivations are very convincing and all their Arc are complete by the Climax. Except Velvets and Laphicets their Arcs are completed when the game ends and i didnt like theirs as much.

Gameplay: They tried something different this time and it was refreshing each face button does a different attack and you can link these together as long as you have Soul points which can be gained by doing a special finisher. defeating a enemy or stunning one. Each character also has a special trait activated the the right trigger that burns a whole souls point but does more damage. Outside of battle the game plays the same as the last few tales games nothing has really changed. there are hunts to do and character specific sidequests to do to develop the characters more but the rewards are not really worth it.

Presentation: The game while looking alright its easy to tell that its built on last gen technology there is nothing in this game that couldn't be done on ps3/xbox360 except for maybe that it runs at 60fps. the next Tales game has to be made with a new engine and tech or people are gonna lose interest. The voice acting for the most part is very good except for Laphicet (who is a Malak with the Appearance of the 12 year old) while his character is not the token child character his voice actor played him that way. the music while acceptable is nothing you'll remember after you turn the game off.

Final Score 7/10

As Ben Moore would say this game is swimming in 7's, but if Your a Tales fan or a fan of action RPG's in the vain of star ocean you could do way worse.

• Just finished Golf Story a few minutes ago. That last course was killer!

• Just finished Cuphead on PC. I don't think I have ever been so frustrated and pleased with a game in my entire life. I think the charm of the presentation of it kept me pushing through to the end. I swear, I didn't even have this much trouble with the Souls series. I mean, platformers were my jam when I was younger. I honestly thought it wasn't going to be as hard as it was for me. It looked beautiful, it sounded amazing, and it was really fun to play. But after an hour with it my thumbs were sore and I was sweating excessively. I don't ever think I can look at 1930s animation the same way again. I'm glad I didn't give up but I'm also glad that it's finally over. I think I need to take a break for a while and go back to something less strenuous. Owlboy has been on my to-do list for quite some time, maybe I'll give that a go next.

• @Faaip I love Psychonauts! So glad they brought it back. It's one of those games that so weird it's amazing. But I can see how it takes a certain kind of person to appreciate it. Also, you were smart to hold off on Andromeda until after they patched it. Of course, they could only do so much, but from what I hear it does run a lot better now. I was one of the poor saps that got it Day 1. It was alright, but I expected more from a Mass Effect game. EA has decided to put the series on the back burner for now. With Bioware Edmonton moving on to Anthem, I think that's the smartest thing to do right now.

• @Caleb_Aranda Yeah they really don't make them like that anymore! I may be wrong but I feel like you don't see that type of wacky game and writing style too much these days

I saw a few bugs in Andromeda, but nothing like what was being posted after launch. It definitely made it easier to enjoy

• Just finished off Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal last Friday night. As someone who wouldn't consider themselves to have a ton of CRPG experience, a lot of those late-game fights were tough as nails.

• I have a pretty large backlog, and due to having two young kids, it takes a long while to get through a game, much longer than it use to. So, the most recent game I finished was The Evil Within.

• Global Moderator

I finished Dragon Quest Heroes 2 the other day. Fun story for a Muso game. Loads of Dragon Quest fan service my favorite is the use of the classic music and of course the classic monsters.

• I finished Nier Automata this week. Without getting spoilery, I really enjoyed my time with it, about 30 hours. I didn't spend too much time on sidequests as I've learned that can really hamper my enjoyment of open world type games these days. I have no previous Nier/Drakengard experience so likely a lot of impact was lost on me but still enjoyable. Kinda anticlimactic and I'd prefer more enemy/boss variety but may be more due to my previous point.

I was getting towards the tail end of DQ11 when I got a bit burnt out on it, so might go back to it, or finish up Stick of Truth/FBW, and then there is Mario...

• Played through Steamworld Dig over the past weekend. That's a really fun game! I love the idea of exploring and finding new things (especially underground weirdly) so this game was pretty perfect for me.

• Been awhile since I posted, so excuse the list:

24/08/2017 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) - 9/10

09/09/2017 - Yakuza Kiwami (PS4) - 8/10

12/09/2017 - Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode 1: Awake (PC) - 8/10

26/09/2017 - Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (PS4) - 5/10

09/10/2017 - Cuphead (PC) - 10/10

22/10/2017 - The Evil Within 2 (PC) - 9/10

• I finished up the campaign of Battlefield 1 not long ago. It was pretty meh overall. They could have done so much more with the action sequences. Very by-the-numbers.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer aspect of the game lags like crazy here in Shanghai. I'm at a constant disadvantage with ping rates at around 300, so that's probably the last I'll play of the game until I relocate to Seoul.

I'm very close to finishing The Evil Within 2. LOVE that game. I don't want it to end.

• Just beat evil within 2

Its a good game overall. i didnot liked the hub structure. its good when its linear.
    i didnot like how you have too much gun powder but very little ammo.

its just one and done game. i dont think it has replay value.

but overall i enjoyed my time with it.

• @Swordfish00830 I'm wodering how is the dungeons in this game is it any good

• Global Moderator

@Xliskin They are fun and can be done solo or co-op. It's much easier if you co-op them since the AI can maybe not be as helpful as a real player.

• South Park: The Fracture But Whole

It is an ok game if you like the actual cartoon, nothing special, i played it with the latinamerican audio and it has some serious issues with the video sync, on the last part of the game the audio came first than the video itself so it was very anoying that. One of the final battles i was about to die but the game didn't want to kill me, so for me, the game wanted that i win, that sucks because i wanted more challenge on that part, The Stick of Truth was a lot harder for sure.

One thing that i loved is the soundtrack of the game, specially the battle theme for the raising girls and the strippers.

My final thought is that this game is a huge South Park Episode, even how it ends, not that the game is bad, but the story could be better.

I'm not going to platinum becasue of the difficulty Trophy, play the game all over again, i don't think so, so i will be short for that trophy.

• Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP) - One of the weaker Ys games but still pretty fun, the soundtrack is fantastic.

System Shock (Enhanced Edition) - One of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch) - Finished the story mode which is nothing to write home about but it's still an awesome game.