Last game you finished

• Completed Wario Land II on GBC
    Good game but some flaws that pissed me off:
    Since you can't die and only lose money when you get hit, they gave most bosses the ability to kick you out of the arena, which is pretty much a one hit kill after that you have to walk back to the boss room and start the fight all over again.

The same 2 minigames, reqeuired to get 100%, over and over again, and the find the picture one even on easy is too fast for me.

You can't exit or restart a stage (like when you don't have enough money anymore for the in stage minigame) and have to reset the game.

The level you unlock by collecting every tile is utter garbage, I absolutely hated it, worst stage in the game, not worth the effort, fuck it.

It was nice to play through it once but I don't think I will ever play it again, unlike Super Mario Land 1-3 which I can replay again and again.

• Just finished Inside. Probably the worst game I got to play this year.

• Global Moderator

@Nillend That first sentence made my choke on my lunch... xD

I just finished Olli Olli 2 to Vita. At first I didn't like it due to its complex controller, but the more I played it the more I got addicted and tried to improve my score and combos, with the instant restart button its soo easy to think "just 5 minutes" and then you still play 30 minutes later.

• Infamous Second Son. I enjoyed it, it was pretty good, but nothing special. But I also had no expectations when I went into the game.

• I just finished The Silent Age a couple days ago and just before that I finished Witcher 3 a second time.

Silent Age was interesting, and lasted just long enough to not overstay it's welcome. Witcher 3 really is one of the most amazing games ever.

• Just got the last ending I needed to never have to play Papers Please ever again.

It was fun while it lasted.

• @sonmi Is that worth playing? I've been considering grabbing it for awhile.

Just did my first play through of Journey.. looking forward to my second.

• I finished Project I.G.I.-2 on PC and Contrast on the PS3.

• Weirdly enough Mega Man 2 on the Legacy Collection. I've played the old Mega Man games but never dove in properly. The NES wasn't as hugely popular in the UK due to the focus on micro computers so it wasn't really embedded in my gaming history. I'm glad it is now!

• @Sheria said in Last game you finished:

I finished Project I.G.I.-2 on PC and Contrast on the PS3.

Did you finished new Doom sheria? how much you like it? you consider it masterpiece?

its ony game in last few years that i beat 3 times in row constantly. its that amazing. i dont think anything can surpass it in long time. ID software did it.

• I love it, but I haven't finished it quite yet. I'm playing it on the hardest difficulty possible from the start and I have to admit I burnt out on this one section of it :P I'll be going back to it soon.

• @Sheria said in Last game you finished:

I love it, but I haven't finished it quite yet. I'm playing it on the hardest difficulty possible from the start and I have to admit I burnt out on this one section of it :P I'll be going back to it soon.

hell parts? thats the weekest part of game.

game is very hard on nightmare actually. i bet you will lower it into ultravoilence. wish it has quick saves because checkpoint system annoy me.

• I finished Alien Rage on PS3. Generic as hell, but alright I guess.

• The past week I've finished Gears of War: Judgement, Tearaway and Lords of the Fallen. It has not been a busy week..

• Just finished Lords of the Fallen as well.. powered through that over the weekend and had a lot of fun. I felt like it had a big difficulty spike right at the end and got pretty frustrated haha

• I tend to drop a lot of games these days, as time is my main limiting factor and if I think I could be playing something better I'll drop whatever I'm on even if I'm near the end (ex - dropped I Am Setsuna at the end dungeon).

So, the last game I saw the credits roll for was REmake on PS4. Oh. My. God. That game is just....perfection. I hate horror. I don't like jump scares, I don't like excessive body gore, etc, which is why despite hundreds of video games logged I've never played a Resident Evil game before.

But RE1 isn't really a horror game. It's just as much about exploration solving as it is about horror, and the horror isn't the kind of horror I hate, but rather the good 1979 Alien kind where its just absolutely dripping in constant tension. The Mansion is so distinct that after I played through the game for the first time I could still probably sketch out a rough map of the mansion from memory. And the puzzles. Man, I am a SUCKER for games that toss puzzles in. I didn't expect to get puzzles in REmake, but I had a blast trying to piece together where this item from one part of the mansion went.

It's a 10, and I don't say that lightly. If you've never played it because you, like me, don't like horror, DO IT. REmake transcends genres. Immersive sim.

• The original Legend of Zelda on 3DS Virtual Console without a guide or savestates (except to maintain progress between play sessions)

Got it for free from Club Nintendo ages ago. Was very turned off from the game initially. It's really rough, especially at the start. I've watched Damiani beat it twice now though, and even though my memory kind of sucks I managed to remember enough from watching him to get through the parts where the game really doesn't help you find your way to the next dungeon at all. Because I'm not as familiar with it, I think I took less direct routes than Damiani and gathered more optional items though. I prefer 100% smell the roses to speedrunning anyways. Once I got the blue ring and the second sword I felt way more comfortable with the game, but damn did I get tired of always grinding for bombs or rupees to buy bombs. Damiani complains about grinding for health in Metroid, but if you don't know what you're doing the bomb grind in Zelda is just as bad, especially since you can't use the sword knock on walls tone trick to tell which ones are bombable in this entry. For it's time it's a great game and certain things like the sound effects are extremely pleasing and hold up well, but I still wouldn't put it in my top 5 Zelda games. Wish I had a copy of it growing up, but I didn't. My first Zelda was Link's Awakening though, so I'm at least grateful that I grew up with 2D Zelda even if it wasn't the original. Sometimes it's better that way anyways. I grew up with Kirby's Adventure, not Kirby's Dreamland, and the quality difference between those games is absolutely stunningly massive.

• Just beat Journey for the first time. It was neat. It had its moments, but overall it was just ok for me.

• I wish I could say the last game I finished was a new game I've never experienced before. Having literally hundreds of games that I have never played in my back catalog to pick and choose. I somehow have ended up replaying Uncharted 1+2 all over again via the PS4 collection and hit platinum on both again. After finishing Uncharted 4, I had an urge to replay them and shoot for platinum again. I still have Uncharted 3 to go through but with a busy schedule, I have it on hold, along with the rest of my games... Life :( :cry:

• Federation force

great game IMO, but the final boss is real shitty. its like they just tried to shoehorn blastball at the end.