Last game you finished

• Just finished ff7 remake took me 40 hours a solid 9/10 didnt blow me away it was exactly what i expected squares best game in a long time

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1)

I loved it. I think it's even a bit better than the original. I was afraid in the beginning it would be a bit more combat focused but it still has a lot of excellent and challenging platforming sections. I also like the way it is structured and paced, how it open ended it gets halfway through the game. The visuals and soundtrack are just as amazing as the first Ori.

• Minecraft Dungeons. Children's Diablo, nothing wrong with that. What's wrong is how exploration isn't rewarding at all, in fact often it just leads you to dead ends.

The class system is chaotic, and I'm ok with it as it encourages experimentation. You can be a wizard with a lama as companion while carrying an heavy sword.

Sound design and lighting are high quality and further accentuate the underdeveloped exploration. Often you'll be off the main path really feeling the mood only for nothing of relevance to happen, or just nothing at all Last two levels overall quality improves.

Lack of ability to design you own dungeons, or even whole adventures is a missed opportunity.

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox One)

I wasn't feeling this game at first, but it grew on me a lot with each play session.
    I recently replayed the first game on Switch in preparation for this.
    I wasn't sure how to feel on the much heavier RPG elements with Will of the Wisps compared to Blind Forest. The more I played it, though, the more I loved it. Every NPC is so much fun to talk to and do side quests for. It's definitely a welcome change from the first game.
    Almost everything gameplay-wise is an improvement from the first game. Although, I will say that it is unfortunate having so many abilities and not being able to really make use of them all.
    Also, thank fuck for auto-save. The manual saving in Blind Forest cost me so much time cause I just forgot to save.

All in all, it's a great sequel with a bunch of welcome additions.
    Would love to see a new IP from Moon Studios.

• Bloodborne. Horrible game 10/10

• Yokus Island Express. Wow, that game is just FUN. Very cute too. Didn't know I would like a beetle so much.

8 cute bugs out of 10

• Killer 7 8.5/10

I liked this game a lot, I didn't understand what the fuck was happening, and I'm not sure that you are supposed to fully do so, but in any case a great game and very enjoyable to playthrough.

• Deliver us the moon. Entertaining enough with a satisfying lonely space feel. Plus you get to launch a rocket 9/10

• Just finished the PS4 MediEvil remake, and I gotta say I like it way more than I thought I would have. I thought I would blast through this game at first, but I can't resist taking my time since this game properly motivates you to do so, since the progression (getting better weapons) is tied to thoroughly exploring each level. The levels themselves are great overall, with most of them having their own unique vibe and objectives. Obviously there are standouts (the Ghost Ship is my favorite one). I also like how the difficulty progresses, if you follow the right path and be a bit mindful with how you approach the combat, then it won't be too hard. The art style is lovely, and the soundtrack is pretty great as well. My biggest complain is that it's being held back by the absolutely subpar framerates, it can be so bad at times.

The game has new collectibles called "Lost Souls" which basically makes you replay all the levels and complete certain tasks in each one. The best thing about this is the reward for completing all of them: you unlock PS1 version of the game! It's straight up the PS1 version, complete in it's 4:3 glory. They also included the PS1 boot screen, which alone makes this Lost Souls thing worth the effort. Playing this version for a bit makes me appreciate the remake more, it's so faithful to the original. They did change the feel of the control, but I don't know if it's for better or for worse yet.

Despite my enjoyment of this, I find it kinda hard to recommend to most people, mostly because of the lackluster framerate and the fact that it controls like a PS1 game. Still, it's such a unique game (especially compared to modern games) and I think it's very much worth it to fight through the annoyances in this game to experience the full package. (7.5/10)

I would love to see a new game in this series or a remake of the second game, with much more budget and effort put into it of course. I feel like the worldbuilding of this series is so fun and I love the vibes of it so much. I got the comic book (which is apparently a sequel to the second game) that is included in the deluxe version, and it's pretty entertaining.

Also, I'm pretty close to the platinum trophy but I'll save it for another time...

• Persona 5 Royal: 154:03

In almost every way better than the original game, which is great. New characters are great. Didn't drag as much through the back half of the game.

Took about 25 more hours than Vanilla for me.
    0_1591848531769_cfda7996-31fd-4c9a-8081-f4fe2459a6fa-image.png

• Hitman 2. Aside from Hawke's Bay, there's 1 mediocre level, 1 good one, 2 fantastic ones, and 1 perfect level. There's also 2 great levels from the DLC. What more could I ask for? Well, that's for Hitman 3 to decide. (8.5/10)

• @bam541 Miami?

• @e_zed_eh_intern I count that as fantastic.

• @bam541 Wow. May I ask what one was perfect?

• I picked up the Megaman 30th Anniversary set that has all the Legacy collection games and 11. Was hoping to maybe do a podcast episode on Megaman in the near future, and most recently finished Megaman X2

I've mostly been focusing on the X games for the last week. The other night I finished up the second one and have just moved on to X3. I never got to play the second or third one growing up, and only had the first one on the Super Nintendo, but I really enjoyed the Ps1 set of X4-X6 as they were coming out, even though I know they're not as fondly remembered by a lot of people.

X2 makes a lot of mechanical improvements to the first game. Charging your gun is faster, you get sliding right from the start, and moving around generally feels more solid. I also really like a lot of the boss enemies they made this time around, with a crocodile dude being a highlight for me. They also added three optional boss enemies that move around to different stages randomly that you fight midway through a level. It's a good way to encourage you to go out of your way to try and beat different levels you may have been stuck on.

Personal gripes; secret armor upgrades are too obtuse to seek out this time around. They aren't as hinted at or signposted, and are often just behind random walls or floors you aren't shown you can break. I don't mind looking for upgrades in a level, but if they're hidden in an area that's too obscure, it doesn't feel like a victory to find it to me. There was also another frustration where if you beat too many of the bosses before beating all the optional bosses, the optional bosses will disappear and you'll by default get the bad ending. I had to use a password generator to go back on my progress just to fix this.

Overall though, I had a really good time with the second part of the Super Nintendo X Trilogy. I still like the first game a bit better, maybe due to some nostalgic feelings, but I do feel like they tried a lot of new things with the sequel that makes it stand out and feel fresh. Gripes aside, I'll give it 8.6/10

• @e_zed_eh_intern the Castle level. I think it's immensely fun to explore, looks beautiful and more challenging than the other levels.

• @bam541 You know, for whatever reason, I think that is the level I have played the least from the original 6. I really liked it but I think I was probably near burnout by the time I got there the first time and then don't even think I made it back my second time. ARGGGGGH, now I want to play Hitman again! Time to make some hard drive decisions!

• @happygaming I loveeeee the original Mega Man X trilogy, but I hadn't played any of the others until I bought the two collections when they came out. For me, it's all downhill from there. I didn't like any of the 4-8 games as much as the original 3 by a longshot. Enjoy X3, it's a very fun one too!

You thought the secrets in X2 were obtuse, but I found the entire structure of some of those later games obtuse, don't remember which one has a "time limit" of sorts (X5?), so you can only play levels a certain amount of time before it's game over. I found that so out of place and contrary to the game's philosophy. They were trying so hard to justify those endless sequels by adding gimmick upon gimmick just so they could crank out new ones every other year, and completely lost sight of what makes those games good in the first place.

Anyway, I could talk about the X series for hours, it is both one of my favourite series ever (X1-3) and my most hated (all the others). Still can't wait for X9, I hope they bring it back, I have faith in Neo Capcom.

• @bam541 Which one did you think was mediocre?

• @axel X1-3 for life!!!!