Last game you finished

• Needed a change of pace and a smaller game so started

Abzû

Delightful game. Was a bit more emotional because of cold and a headache on couple of parts. You can clearly compare it to that other game but both has their own strenght in certain parts and glad it can be done in one sitting. Couple of things I wasn't fan off but not a big deal.

[7.5/10]

• Demon's Souls (PS5)

Very interesting playing the first "souls" game again after all these years. I think it's still one of my favorite From games. I really love the level design in Demon's Souls, more so than any Souls game, with the Tower of Latria being a real standout.

I critize newer From games (Sekiro, Bloodborne and Dark Souls III) for being too difficult, especially the bosses in those games. But coming back to Demon's Souls after playing those games i think the demon's Souls bosses are now way too easy. I didn't even come close to dying on any of the bosses. I do like how varied they are here but some of the bosses that are meant to be agressive, like Maneater and Flamelurker, feel so dull and weak in comparison to newer From games. While I remember them giving me a lot of trouble back in the day.

• The Wolf Among Us

In the abundance of "free" games we are showered nowadays it's not unusual to find out that I already own a game without remembering it. I found out I had twau and decided to give it a go, now I can't wait for the second season.

Really stellar cast of characters and universe, it nails the dark gritty atmosphere with its music, colour palette and themes. The first episode is near flawless. The following four never reach that same high but their still great. Some crashes on the last two episodes.

It's not as emotionally impactful as the first Walking Dead but I feel the writing is much more thought provoking, mostly because its themes are so grounded, real and relatable. Made me want to check the books.

8/10

• Just finished Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and it's pretty fun. I messed around quite a bit during the first few hours, but it became quickly clear to me that the main story missions offer much more exciting levels and environments than most of the side activities. Not to mention progressing through the story unlocks new areas to explore, which also get progressively more beautiful and harder to tackle. There's an okay story too. it's nothing special but it's engaging enough.

At their best, the main traversal mechanics feels fluid, responsive, and satisfying to pull off. There's also gadgets that Faith unlocks after certain missions, which helps spice things up by introducing extra abilities such as swinging and zipping to the mix. Unfortunately the controls can get a bit finicky, and I end up dying by accidentally jumping off to my death quite often. Thankfully the respawn time is pretty quick, so for the most part it's not too bad. There's also the runner vision, which basically guides me to the waypoints by showing a red arrow passing through the environment. It works okay for the most part, but sometimes it just takes a while for the marker to show up (and it can even disappear suddenly!), which can be quite annoying.

The open world structure felt unambitious, and it's because of the lack of variety and reward in the side activities. Most of them are just time trials, and there's too many of them. I didn't even feel the need to do most of them, because the rewards are only XPs, and the leveling system in this game is quite lacking since most of the best upgrades are the early ones. It ends up being a cycle of unsatisfaction. There are a few side stuff that I liked, like the ones where I had to climb big towers to unlock safe houses, and they're great because the level design gets quite challenging.

Hopefully there's another Mirror's Edge game coming some day. There's no need to make it super big budget, and they certainly didn't need to make it open world if they can't make the most of it.

(7/10)

• Resident Evil 2 & Resident Evil 3 remakes

Went route Leon A and Claire B because I just love using Quickdraw Army. It's just such a fun gun to use and I prefer Claire's campaign a bit more mainly because playing as Ada wasn't fun and Sherry's story is emotional(such a good VA Along with Marvin's in A scenario). Such a great game even if it comes a bit short on remake side though not as nearly as much as RE3 which is clearly a disappointment when it comes to remaking an old classic. For me original 2&3 were pretty equally great but RE3 was the one I finished 9-10 times to unlock every post ending information and learning that your choices mattered and changed a lot of things and how long it was(After 2-3 runs saved only once or twice because I once died far into a game and had to start over).

People will always shit on RE3 remake but it was still mostly fun to play. It has so much improved stuff. The inventory slots like in REmake 2, the bonuses you can buy from shop, the hospital part and enemies and not to mention the biggest improvement. The dodge(still remember playing as Carlos in Mercenaries and near the end I had a full health and heal, lots of AR ammo but he did dodge all the time because shooting was the same button and got decapitated by a hunter or Nikolai dying downstairs of finish line because there were bunch of zombies blocking the way) is simply superior and makes the game the best it has ever controlled as. And characters are most fleshed out in this even if I like Nikolai in original too. Nemesis looks cool but it being like original Mr.X while Mr.X got a Nemesis treatment really hurts the most. Goes to show that something went wrong during development( which is probably Capcom's fault because they wanted to make it different from original). Also that STARS dialogue happening early in the game really showed how they messed scriptwise. And I hate the whole Deimos section.

Still a [9/10 and 8/10] even if I feel more bummed on RE3

PS. I just started RE4 and for half an hour I tried to get accustomed with the controls. Didn't work out since on GCN 2nd analog stick was trash and didn't notice it there while playing it but now after having played lots of games with a good right stick no matter how much I tried which stick to use to aim, it felt uncomfortable especially when you can still use right one as a camera 90 degrees to the side. I can't wait to see how RE4 remake will play since it will definitely not be this ancient control scheme unless it's optional. Also a game I don't mind if they trimmed it a lot like RE3 remake because I only liked 30% of the environment in this game(it was fun at the time but that's the main reason why I don't replay RE4 much. 3 times on GCN and one on PS3).

• @tearju-engi I also find RE4 unplayable.

• Hellblade

Was feeling like replaying this game for a while now, it's such a solid cohesive experience. Particularly the sound design is pretty much unmatched. I'm such a big fan of games that get rid of HUD through good game design and Hellblade kills it. No waypoints, no mission description, no energy bars, nothing, even enemy off-screen proximity is done through audio. It was cool replaying it to just to remind me of how incredible it is.

Gameplay is fine. I like the environmental puzzles and how seeking meaning in patterns ties with mental health. But I would like to see it explored further, with more nuance. Combat while not amazing feels visceral, perhaps a bit too simple but as there's not an abundance of encounters it does enough of a good job in keeping things interesting. Definitely room for improvement.

Love this game but I'm kinda nervous about the sequel. Might be a great game on its own but I will be surprised if it keeps feeling this unique, even experimental at times.

8.5/10

• Marvel's Avengers

I honestly enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. I was hoping for basically Destiny with Marvel characters but actually got a pretty solid and cinematic singleplayer experience. Kamala Khan is perhaps one of the most endearing characters I've encountered in a game recently, and my penchant for capeshit helped me look past some of the game's other faults.

8/10

• New Pokemon Snap

Managing to successfully satiate nostalgia and revitalize one of Nintendo 64's most pleasurable videogame experiences, New Pokemon Snap is a breezy and relaxing on-rails photography game, managing to capitalize on what the original did so well, making discovering new Pokemon a joy and a revelation, constantly prodding you to find the best moments and capture them in snapshots. It's a little discouraging that you can't make the Pokemon evolve as you could do in the original game, and the star rating system is needless, but what truly matters is that New Pokemon Snap embraces the heart of its twenty-two year-old predecessor and successfully brings it to the modern day on the Switch in a serene and mostly impressive way.

8/10

• Chrono Trigger

Wow, what a game. I played it a long tike ago on PS1 but never finished it. This is what I want from an RPG. Not 1000 hours long, no cringey over the top sappiness or endless monologues, simple systems and cool effects. Probably a hit light for some but was just enough of everything for me. 2/10

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Is your scoring right?

• Alice Madness Returns

I'm surprised by how much I've enjoyed this. As a 3D platformer is quite precise, the level design is dense full of secrets and there's a lot of puzzle elements to breakdown level progression. Nothing complex but just enough to make you think. Unfortunately the art direction is not great and it's a shame. In a way they managed to get the mood right with its surreal approach but it is dull and uninspired for the most part. Same with character design, it never feels quite right. Horrible colour palette too.

The combat is satisfying, there's not much variation but the game does an ok job at mixing enemy types. Melee fells better than distance but unfortunately you end up getting a long distance gun that becomes overpowered making everything else redundant.

Story is really dark and interesting to follow and music is pretty awesome.

7.5/10

Now I need a 2020s Alice game. Such a rich universe to explore.

• Had to write these way before but I will still share them to get them of my chest(brain?).

God of War(PS Vita)Great

Still plays great most of the time with awesome combos, varied levels and enemies, beatiful soundtrack and intriguing mythological story. While playing it again in the Vita I became even more sure about 2018 has nothing compare to original trilogy in anyway.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales(PS5)Good

Spider-Man is my favourite fictional character ever so 2018 game was a real treat for a person like me. It was a really good game too thankfully. MM is still good and has the same fun gameplay from the original which is not surprising because of its standalone DLC nature but it also added, changed some minor points which is good to have like Miles' really cool swinging animations, updated bios with new events etc. Miles' venom powers and neon lights of the Tinkerer's crew make incredible scenes with RT on and also game is 60 fps too if you choose that.

I liked the main story, it's not on par with 2018 game but still nice even though it should had 1-2 more missions; still don't agree that game is ''too short''. You can guess some of the twists but they sometimes still affect you. I have problems about some moments in the story but at the end I was touched by it. I finished the main story in 6-7 hours and played it near 17-18 hours while doing everything on the map. Side missions show progression after the critics about 2018's side activities and some of them are fun while game still has some bland ones but they are not annoying because traversal mechanics are still so much fun to use. Another thing is I liked Miles better here, in 2018 game he was not sympathetic enough for me to care about him.

To wrap it up: This is a good launch game for a new console and I'm glad I had to chance to play it and can't wait to see a real sequel which is completely tailored for PS5 alone. I don't know if it's fair to compare but I still prefer Into the Spiderverse to this story when we look at popular works where Miles is the main player in recent years.

I didn't want Phin to die, it would be nice to see her again in the future. Also Prowler's writing and implementing here was really weak comparing to Into the Spiderverse, especially the reveal of him to Miles as his uncle was so rushed and awkward.

Crash Bandicoot(PS5 via backwards compatibility)Average

Really annoying remake for a PS1 game and the only thing it improved over original is graphics. They didn't touch anything; not horrible and clunky jumping, not terrible hitbox of Crash and definitely not the disgusting camera angles in a game about PLATFORMING! Don't think I will try the sequels anytime soon, also can't get my head around why people like this series so much; the only reason I can think of is there were not many platformes in its time I guess.

Resident Evil 2(2019)[Leon 1st Run](PS5 via backwards compatibility)Awesome

Yeah, nearly one year after I finished it; I returned the remake and played it again in the same route which is Leon 1st, Claire 2nd. Shooting and feeling the kill is soooo good in this game that I can't get enough of it. Story is nice but my main gripe about

it is it's not parallel stories going together and instead two stories together doesn't make sense for some parts because they clash on each other! Why didn't you work more on it so it could be really parallel stories instead of the current ones, I really don't understand this.

Mr. X is annoying as usual.

And I don't have a real problem about it but even though it's a survival-horror game, on Normal difficulty you usually have enough ammo most of the time, some people might not like this.

I also tried The Ghost Survivors mode this time too, it is lazy and hard but I guess you can't expect much from a free content most of the time.

Astro's Playroom(PS5)Great

A love letter to PS history. PS5 is still a great point to get in the PS wagon, this game made me felt this way. Beatiful looking platform leves, great use of gamepad features, countless references to PS history and overall an interactive museum for previous gens. PS has a really special place in my heart and this game really touched that part and I was smiling ear to ear all the time with my time with it.

Really liked how they made a game around the main purpose instead of just showing them in more boring ways. It will be a little bit ironic but my favourite levels were the ones in the vein of a classic 3D platformer and didn't like the levels about DualSense features a lot.

If anyone caught all of the references about games let me know, there were ones I couldn't figure out.

• Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2)

At first I thought it was alright, got a lot of nostalgia vibes for the first Ratchet out of it but the difficulty becomes insanely broken by the second half of the game. Your weapons barely do any demage even if they are fully upgraded. You need to waste all your ammo from one weapon just to kill a basic enemy and enemies take atleast one third of your health away when you get hit. Some attacks from the final boss killed me in 1 hit. I really can't understand why they balanced it so poorly, it makes the game horrible. Otherwise it would have been a fine game.

• I've been bad about keeping up with the forums lately! Today I Finally finished up

Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy (PS4)

It's one I remember playing a demo for over and over on Xbox when my buddy and I used to get monthly magazines with them included, and I was always stoked to play it someday. I've got to say that the port is a little poor; text doesn't scroll at all for mission or ability information, the widescreen is forced and is basically just a zoomed in 4:3 image so some guns are cut off, and camera sensitivity needed to be changed in a couple levels or the game would break. But overall, despite those things, I still really enjoyed playing it. It has its share of dumb bad missions, but they're circumvented by the fact that it's so much fun to fill out a blank slate Jedi as you see fit. Lightsaber combat doesn't really hold up in my opinion for the most part. It was difficult to tell whether I was doing poorly because I wasn't skilled enough or if the game just didn't handle close combat well. I had to constantly keep a save every minute or two in case I got hit once in the wrong place and died. It's really tough for me to tell if that's an issue with the remaster though, or the game being dated in general.

All gripes aside though, I still feel positive about the game. There are a cool and wide variety of missions to encourage different play styles. My favorite had a dude take your lightsaber away and try to hunt you down "Most Dangerous Game" style while you sneak around a base picking up equipment as you go. The best missions really shine and the worst ones just really stink. But it also makes me want another game with this concept of making your own Jedi the way you want in a non-Bioware style game. I'd absolutely dig a modern sequel or a Deus-Ex style sort of thing with a lot of the ideas this game brought up. I recommend it, but it's probably just better to play it on OG consoles or if you grab it on Steam.

• @e_zed_eh_intern You forgot a digit. You meant to say 20/10.

• @ozymandsss Only a joke. The more I think about it, the more it blows my mind that this is a SNES game. I've always felt that there was a big jump in JRPGs from 16 to 32-bit but this game, beyond no cutscenes of course, could easily be mistaken for a PS1 game. 20/10 indeed.

• Finished Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception for the first time in a decade a few days ago. I know Uncharted 3 is possibly the most polarizing game in the series but I think it's fantastic. Weapons really sound thunderous if you put some headphones on-I'm afraid of waking people up when I play it at night. Hard mode isn't too tough if you don't get careless which is surprising to me because I didn't think I'd be able to beat it on that difficulty. I could try beating all the Uncharted games on veteran but I don't feel like losing my sanity.

• @jdincinerator said in Last game you finished:

I could try beating all the Uncharted games on veteran but I don't feel like losing my sanity.

as someone who did that for all the platinums, please don't do that, lol