Baldur's Gate III (PC / Stadia / TBD)

• Seeing this just reminds me I haven't gone past the first part of Divinity 2 and it makes me sad.

• @bard91

Back when Divinity Original Sin II came out, I played it co-op up until the end of the Fort Joy chapter and dropped it cause it was hard to make time for co-op. Picked it up again a month ago and restarted with the new "Definitive Edition" and they have added an Easy mode (still not suuuuper easy). I'm basically hooked on it and caught up to where I left off a few years ago.

The game is insanely polished with my only complaints being a TON of inventory management between party members and I sometimes accidentally click stuff that can be really bad in combat. Other than that, I can only imagine how this formula will benefit from a bigger budget and more cinematic storytelling. I also prefer dark fantasy to high fantasy to BGIII should really cure that itch.

Definitely jump back into DoSII because you won't regret it. Just play on Easy and coast.

• @dipset I might honestly try that, because even though I'm down for a challenging game, I know it will be more of a barrier, that said it will have to wait as right now I'm just ticking down the days for P5R and there won't be time for anything else until that is done.

• Anybody else end up picking up early access? I just started. Liking it so far.

• I prefer to wait for the final release, but it's been tempting.

• It looks pretttttty good on my new system, even sans 3080. I died a bit ago for the first time. So it's officially a real game!
    Might start streaming when I come back.

• I want this but I'll try to remain ignorant about it until the game is out.

• I really want to play it but I’d rather wait. One thing I don’t like doing is replaying long introductions to RPGs.

It looks really great though. I watched Ben’s preview video. Colour palette and art direction look a lot like Divinity and I wonder if they’ll alter it ever so slightly by full release. It’s kinda weird that even the in-game font is Divinity. It makes everything feel more high fantasy.

• Yeah, the progress not carrying over is kind of a bummer. I mostly just wanted to play for a few hours and get a taste of how the systems and world work. Having fun so far, even though autosave points are kind of far apart for the way I'm playing. I died and lost like, and hour. Luckily, I then figured out what the quicksave button was. lol

• I've Played a handful of hours now. It's a little janky, but that is to be expected from an Early Access game. BG3 looks great, I like the cutscenes and third person camera angle during conversations. As of now, I'm enjoying the combat about as much as I did with Divinity Original Sin 2 (Which is my favorite top-down RPG).

I made a wizard but I think I'm going to start over as a fighter. There are too many characters in my party that can be dropped with a single spell or 2 arrows.

• I haven't played and likely won't play unless they end up making a definitive edition for consoles like they did for Divinity Original Sin (2), but based on Early Access does it look like you can make characters that are either scrawny or overweight? That's really all I want to know. Too many games force you to play shredded/stacked people (including DoS), and I simply won't stand for it in my D&D-likes.

• I know I can look this up, but is BG3 going to be co-op like Original Sin 2? Because that'll make this a true D&D experience. Not sure how I'll organize time with my buddy, but it's worth a try.

• Baldur's Gate III has co-op campaign with 2-4 players. I don't think co-op players can drop in on an existing campaign tho.

Also, right now, there's no body adjustment in the character creator. It's fairly basic. There's like a handful of faces, fair selection of races, but nearly all of them humanish. Elf/Half Elf, Human, Halfling, Dwarf, etc. I went with a Tiefling.

I WILL say that the hair options are pretty good though.

• I love me a good character creator. I almost want Mass Effect Andromeda just to make a character. Again, Divinity OS 2 kinda lacked in that regard so I'm not expecting the world here, but a nice variety of options would be... nice...

• I just want to say that I'm happy the game let me cheese escaping a trap room full of fire by sending all my companions back to camp, and then with my fire-resistant Tiefling, just running thru solo. lol