Are there any good rpg games?

• I'm getting bored by nowadays rpg games, can anyone recommend me some really good rpg games?

1. What types of role-playing video games do you normally enjoy?
    2. Which ones to you dislike nowadays?

Obvious choices in 2020 would be:

• Divinity Original Sin II (D&D style cRPG)
    • The Witcher III (the whole series tbh)
    • Pillars of Eternity II

I really liked Kingdom Come Deliverance for its Elder Scrolls meets medieval simulation. Pretty great story and a extremely immersive, but I lost interest in combat encounters and the story lost me a bit near the end.

An older one that I played last year is Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, and even in 2019, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Play it was the Unofficial Patch and don't be afraid to use console commands when the jank starts to shine end-game.

• If you not sure what you are looking for, try getting Xbox Game Pass and try every RPG it offers. It's a low commitment and you'll probably find something you'll like.

• My suggestion would be to focus on RPGs released prior to 2006. What have you played already? We need to know really.

• Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Planescape Torment are now on PS4 and so are the three PS1 Final Fantasy games. If you haven't tried these then it's a perfect starting point.

• I played Planescape Torment last year after knowing nothing about it other than it was a "classic." Despite how dated it looks, easily one of my favorite RPGs of all time, even in 2020. You do have to be ok with lots of reading. Speaking of which, as long as that is your speed, Disco Elysium is the new hotness.

• If there are Final Fantasy titles you still haven't tried, go check out the GBA ports. Especially FFV and FFVI; those are pure gold.

• Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

The original Paper Mario isn't bad either, but the pacing and visuals aren't as good.

• @inflorescence They're also worth their weight in gold! Seriously, FF6 Advance is crazy hard to find these days. Also extra props for shouting out FFV - the most under-appreciated game in the series.

• I guess I would suggest The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition. It's my personal favorite of the series(yes, even over skyrim...I didn't really care for skyrim for some reason). Oblivion is a good mix between a more classic style first-person RPG (closer to Morrowind), but has some newer niceties you can enjoy. Really liked it's main story and the plethera of side quest & guild stories. Maybe respond to this post so we can help give you better suggestions? Just a quick thought. Hope you find something good!