I'm running out of stuff that cheers me up.

• Global Moderator

I totally understand, its been a lot of downers lately. Sad news upon sad news seem to be the norm and it is annoying.

HOWEVER, We also need to stay possitive. We got this amazing community, still over a month with Kyle hype and we got all the other allies still in health. I think its extra important to in times like this not forgetting to celebrate all the good stuff we have. All the amazing games we got! We know things will go back to normal eventually, just don't give up <3

• If you're serious about not being able to afford a library card, I assume you mean because of the fines you accumulated. And if so, you should know that going fine-free is a huge movement right now in libraries, so you should go in and check if there's anything that you can do. Libraries care more about circulation than collecting fines, so if they know you're avoiding the library because of the fines, there's a good chance they'll waive them for you.

Our library system has almost 20 branches, and because of the coronavirus they just waived every single fine in their system for everyone in the city.

• @inflorescence said in I'm running out of stuff that cheers me up.:

If you're serious about not being able to afford a library card, I assume you mean because of the fines you accumulated. And if so, you should know that going fine-free is a huge movement right now in libraries, so you should go in and check if there's anything that you can do. Libraries care more about circulation than collecting fines, so if they know you're avoiding the library because of the fines, there's a good chance they'll waive them for you.

Our library system has almost 20 branches, and because of the coronavirus they just waived every single fine in their system for everyone in the city.

No fines. Outside of city limits, meaning not exempt from renewal fee. Costs $120 CAD a year for non-residents.

• @oscillator say whaaaaaat? Non-residents of the city or of Canada? If it's non-residents of the city but you're a citizen, that's nuts. What city?>!

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in I'm running out of stuff that cheers me up.:

@oscillator say whaaaaaat? Non-residents of the city or of Canada? If it's non-residents of the city but you're a citizen, that's nuts. What city?>!

Non-residents of the city. Winnipeg Public Library. My rural municipality used to be exempt, but then they opened up one small library in a small town that's out of my way.

Just checked, it's up to $155 CAD per year.

• Wow, maybe libraries operate a lot differently in Canada than they do in the US. Here you get a library card from your home library and basically get materials from anywhere else. Sorry that your home library is out of your way. Maybe it would be worth it for the online resources, though.

• you're healthy, you have your family. Many people can't say that. Entertainment is something that isn't necessary for happiness. People take health for granted. Be thankful for what you have

• Indy 500 rescheduled to August. Better than nothing.

• I'm not gonna lie, the lack of sports hasn't been as bad as I thought. I got a huge kick from rewatching the 2001 NBA Finals and the 2001 NHL Stanley Cup on YouTube. I'm now watching the 2002 F1 Season.

I applied to a Getty Sports internship as a sports photographer in NYC to cover NY Marathon, MLB Playoffs, and other sports. I was really excited, did my cover letter, updated resume and put together my portfolio. Day after I submit, the NBA followed by every other sports league is postponed. I felt so upset but now I'm just grateful I'm still employed.

Tackle that backlog, books still available on Amazon, torrent some old sports seasons and YouTube has a ton. Check in with friends.

One thing my friends and I are doing this weekend is a Kill Your Babies 1999 Hot 100 songs. Find new ways to keep having fun.

• @DIPSET hopefully you'll get your chance once all this returns to normal. I haven't missed sports either, even though I enjoy watching football every weekend. But I have filled my time with action movies instead.