What are you top 10 FPS ever? name one game per franchise, no hybrids.

• Hello friends,

In this thread we discuss our top 10 FPS games we played. rules are, one game per series and no hybrids except FPS with RPG or stealth elements are welcome but hybrids i mean immersive sims, they are different genre (those include Deus Ex, Prey, System shock etc).

here heres mine

1. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
    2. Doom Eternal
    3. Half life 2
    4. Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay
    5. FEAR
    6. Return to castle Wolfenstein
    7. Quake 1
    8. Metro 2033
    9. Crysis 1
    10. Soldier of fortune 2

so my friends, what are yours? remember the rules.

• Banned

@b-cell said in What are you top 10 FPS ever? name one game per franchise, no hybrids.:

remember the rules.

"List thread - This is a little flexible as you can have a lot of fun with list threads however it’s always better to add some discussion to these threads. They usually go over old ground (Top 10 SNES games etc) and rarely involve any discussion. We're happy as long as there is a mix of lists and discussion in them."

I feel like you're abusing the list threads rule with all these first person shooter topics basically discussing the same thing with little discussion value.

• @ezekiel at this point they should just block all threads so the forum can die.

• Halo 2
    Call of duty 2
    Riddick ( I actually wouldnt call this a pure fps but u made the rules to allow it to fit)
    Wolfenstein a new order
    The Darkness
    Half life Alyx
    Doom eternal
    Killzone 2
    007 The World is not enough
    Red steel 2 (its a good hybrid but im calling it a fps)

• I'm not a huge FPS guy. There are a handful I adore, but they aren't my bread-and-butter.

Halo 1
    GoldenEye 007
    Perfect Dark (mechanically a sequel to GoldenEye, but it is a different franchise)
    Doom II
    Quake 1
    Unreal Tournament 2003

uh...

Strafe - a game I haven't played yet, but looks great

um...

Void Bastards - another game I haven't played yet, but looks great, but has hybrid elements

...that's about it. :-\ My top 10 would be to add Halo: Reach and Unreal Tournament '99. Others I haven't played but am mildly curious about are the original Serious Sam, and the original Half-Life. And one other I have played is the original Far Cry, which didn't grab me, but LOOKS really good.

Edit: I can't remember if the original Rainbow Six series could be switched to third-person, but if not, then add Rogue Spear and 3 to the list.

• I feel like you're not gonna like my list at all, lol. It's all modern stuff.

1. CoD 4: Modern Warfare
    2. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
    3. Battlefield 3
    4. Titanfall 2
    5. Counter Strike: Global Offensive
    6. Resistance 3
    7. Metro: Last Light
    8. Superhot
    9. Syndicate (2012)
    10. Killzone 3

I feel like I would put Killzone 2 above 3, but I need to replay it since my memory's so hazy. I've played KZ3 way more than 2 and I enjoy it quite a bit, so it's there for now.

I haven't played Doom Eternal yet, which would have a very high chance of appearing here, judging from all the buzz I heard about it.

I haven't finished any of the Half Life games so I can't really justify putting them up there, but I do enjoy HL2 very much from what I have played back in day (I think I'm like 5 chapters away from finishing it).

I considered putting R6 Siege up there since it's so fun but I will never play enough hours of that game to fully judge it.

1. Quake (1996)
    2. Doom (2016)
    3. Halo 3
    4. Bioshock Infinite
    5. GoldenEye 007
    6. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
    7. Overwatch
    8. Black Mesa
    9. Metro Exodus
    10. Titanfall 2

Quake was one of the first pc games I owned and I still go back to play. Holds up.

For number 2 I could go Doom Eternal here. It's a toss up for me.

I played more Halo 2 multiplayer but Halo 3 has the better campaign. I'm surprised they never made a Halo 4.

Played hundreds of hours of GoldenEye as a kid with friends. I would place GoldenEye higher but it hasn't aged well.

I haven't played in a few years, but the beta and launch of Overwatch was some of the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game.

Finished Black Mesa just last month. All around better version of Half-Life, which was already a great game.

• @bam541 said in What are you top 10 FPS ever? name one game per franchise, no hybrids.:

I feel like you're not gonna like my list at all, lol. It's all modern stuff.

I actually liked Titanfall 2 and Metro in your list.

1. Half-Life 2
    2. No One Lives Forever
    3. Doom II Hell of Earth
    4. Perfect Dark
    5. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    6. Duke Nukem 3D
    7. Alien Vs Predator 2
    8. F.E.A.R.
    9. Descent
    10. Wolfenstein: The New Order

• Global Moderator

This is hard! a few to pick from and I dont play THAT many fps games generally

1. Titanfall 2
    2. Halo 2
    3. Killzone 2
    4. Bioshock Infinite
    5. Unreal Tournament 2003
    6. Goldeneye 007
    7. Superhot
    8. Battlefield 2142

Will have to come back for the final 2. hard as I normally stick to the series I know.

• @neocweeny said in What are you top 10 FPS ever? name one game per franchise, no hybrids.:

1. Half-Life 2
    2. No One Lives Forever
    3. Doom II Hell of Earth
    4. Perfect Dark
    5. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    6. Duke Nukem 3D
    7. Alien Vs Predator 2
    8. F.E.A.R.
    9. Descent
    10. Wolfenstein: The New Order

long time no see my friend, and i see your list have not changed since 2010 (except inclusion of wolfenstein)..

• @b-cell It's probably more or less the same. I don't play so many fps games anymore these days.

I was thinking of putting Return to Castle Wolfenstein on here but The New Order is just a bit more memorable to me.

• @neocweeny said in What are you top 10 FPS ever? name one game per franchise, no hybrids.:

@b-cell It's probably more or less the same. I don't play so many fps games anymore these days.

I was thinking of putting Return to Castle Wolfenstein on here but The New Order is just a bit more memorable to me.

Nowadays i pretty much only play FPS because lost interest in every other games other than FPS or First person titles. try bunch of third person games and was bored of them. have not enjoyed them since Max payne 3 although 2016 Hitman was great too.

• Observation immediately comes to mind. Played it last year on my old PC with maxed graphics settings and at times it was even lower than 10 FPS. But such bad framerate was perfect for RPing as a broken space station.