GT Twitch backup request.

• The GameTrailers Twitch VOD page is already full of holes, and I worry about the future of what's left. I know that some people have made backups, but I don't know how complete they are. There is one Kyle solo stream (Pokémon Battle Revolution) still accessible on there that I can't find anywhere else at the moment. While I could download it myself, it would be difficult for me to reupload a 1+ hour video for public viewing because my upload speed is garbage. It's not a special stream, but preserving Kyle content is always something to strive for. :)

So, if anyone can spare some time to get it up on YouTube or wherever, thank you!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/42662319

And of course, if you see anything else worthwhile on there that hasn't been reuploaded...have at it! Perhaps a 7 hour Nintendo stream with Kyle, Damiani, and Ben, or Maximillian Dood playing a Japanese import of Bayonetta 2?

https://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers/videos?filter=all&sort=time

• Global Moderator

Yeah the rapid closure of GT followed by the destruction of DEFY media and subsequent purchase of GT by IGN has made archival efforts to wrap up the old stuff quite hard :<

There were however several efforts to archive and backup many of GT's old content. I'm not sure how much of it has survived post IGN purchase, but it may still be out there

• As of 4 months ago, raydas 1 has started uploading the VODs. :)

• @ochi said in GT Twitch backup request.:

There were however several efforts to archive and backup many of GT's old content. I'm not sure how much of it has survived post IGN purchase, but it may still be out there

Do you know how I can access some of these efforts? Through some Wayback Machine nonsense, I found an old episode of Bonus Round I want to watch, but I have no idea if any of those are archived somewhere. Shame.

• Global Moderator

I can't speak with certainty that you'll find the episode you're looking for, but this is what I could dig up, sadly I didn't keep too many tabs on the effort in that period post GT.

You might find a more comprehensive archive listing elsewhere if you dig deep enough on a site like reddit or neogaf from that time or ask around maybe on the EZA facebook group. I'm certain someone somewhere has gigabytes of footage on their harddrives