Moved leak discussion from TLoU2 topic

• This topic is to move all current conversation in the last of us 2 topic here as it people are implying and talking around ways of spoiling things. No one really wins, can't discuss things freely and the people who're excited for TLoU2 can't go into the topic in fear of spoilers.

I'll be moving posts over now

• @dipset mentioned this in the FF7 thread, but I had one of the later scenes spoiled by a video on how to fix a AC unit. Nothing is safe

• Well, I had some of the game spoiled.
    Without mentioning what the spoiler is, I will comment on the reaction I have seen to said spoiler:
    Hahaha holy fuck people stop getting so angry that a game isn't exactly the way you thought it would be. Go take a walk, get some fresh air, and maybe loosen your fedora.

• @dmcmaster Jesus, again? That's such an odd way of getting spoiled haha. Sorry about that.

• So basically the delay had nothing to do with Sony distancing themselves from COVID19...

• @demonpirate
    Yeah, I'm still pissed. Like seriously why put spoilers for something, anything and put it behind something as random as say "Changing air filter on 2016 Jeep Patriot " or "how to fix Freon leak in central air AC unit " or mundane stuff like that.

• @dmcmaster first I'm curious why you were looking into fixing an AC unit, but then who the fuck wastes their time making a video of that just to spoil a game, it is honestly mind-boggling.

I'll play TLoU2 eventually so I'm not really concerned about getting spoiled since it is not a huge deal for me, but what the fuck is up with people putting that kind of effort into something like that?

• @yoshi that was a pretty dumb take at any point really, as much as people saying that the release date was decided because of the leak.

• @bard91
    AC unit for the house was busted, and was trying to find a solution to fix it. I couldn't but a AC repair guy that a neighbor knows was able to get it working. Also fixed a issue none of us knew about the unit since it was installed, fan was apparently super low to the ground, and had been that way for 20 odd years.

• @yoshi They never said it did.
    It's been pretty obvious that this was a launch logistics issue and they wanted to get it into the hands of as many people as possible and not do just a staggered, predominantly digital launch, considering this is one of the biggest and most anticipated games of the entire generation.
    But with the leaks they sort of just need to do it anyway.

• Some possible insight into Naughty Dog behind the scenes and the conditions of what lead the employee to leak TLOU2 details. Note article does mention some lite spoilers that I believe were in the last gameplay trailer (might be wrong) also I have no heard of this site till a few minutes ago so no idea of any reputation.

That said a 75% turnover rate on senior staff since starting development on TLOU2 is fucking insane to think of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sausageroll.com.au/entertainment/games/the-last-of-us-2-gameplay-leak-came-from-dev-that-hates-its-divisiveness/%3Famp

• @dmcmaster I mean, sounds about right considering what we've heard previously about ND.
    Work staff to the bone until they quit and then rotate hire new talent and rinse repeat (with added rinse repeating because new staff isn't used to workflow) until game is done.

• Man if the leak really came from a salty dev that decided it was worth it to jeopardize his career because of spite of working conditions, I gotta say Good for Him and Godspeed, our enjoyment of a game is nothing compared to the work abuse and livelyhood of the people making the games, and with how little the community cares and does about these issues I'm all for devs taking what actions they can to better their lives and work conditions, like I just have to imagine how shitty things have to be for someone to be willing to jeopardize their position in such a way.

Not to say that I'm glad this happened or that this was necessarilly the best way, but I applaud the sentiment if this is the case.

• @bard91 I get that on one level, but they're also hurting so many coworkers by doing this. It's gotta really suck to have years of hard work unceremoniously released to the public without consent. If the person did do it for that reason, then they did it selfishly.

• @bard91 I don't know, I feel like he ends up punishing all the wrong people by doing this: himself, the players, and all his former teammates who put in all that effort. I doubt this will affect sales, so management will be fine. He just ruined the experience for thousands of people and demoralized the team. Hard for me to respect that.

If his goal was to raise awareness and lead to a change in work conditions, I doubt it will have the intended effect.

• reading through leaks. its one of the most cringe worthy thing i have read. im sure it will become most hated game of 2020.

• @b-cell Honestly I'm not surprised you would say that.
    Having seen some of the leaks, I fully expect incels and basement dwelling virgins to throw a major hissy fit over some of the story elements in this game, but then again fake outrage is still big on YouTube so that is to be expected.

The hilarious part is that they pretend like the first game didn't have a ton of social commentary in it.
    Oh well. Still looking forward to the game. Some contextless bullet points aren't going to change that.

• @el-shmiablo said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

@b-cell Honestly I'm not surprised you would say that.
    Having seen some of the leaks, I fully expect incels and basement dwelling virgins to throw a major hissy fit over some of the story elements in this game, but then again fake outrage is still big on YouTube so that is to be expected.

The hilarious part is that they pretend like the first game didn't have a ton of social commentary in it.
    Oh well. Still looking forward to the game. Some contextless bullet points aren't going to change that.

They are doing What MGS2 had done in past actually>! Spoiler

• Banned

@b-cell said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

reading through leaks. its one of the most cringe worthy thing i have read. im sure it will become most hated game of 2020.

Yeah, it sounds awful. The original was like a 3 out of 5 game that I would have played the sequel to, but after seeing how embarrassingly heavy-handed this sequel is and what happens to the original characters, I don't really want it anymore. Neil Druckmann is such a douche.

• Banned

I'm amused by how masculine the women in Naughty Dog's games have to be. Even this character model needed to have her sexist breasts reduced, lol.

alt text