The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2011!

• @axel I've never played Dead Space 2 or 3. I played some of the first game when it released, it seemed okay but I never finished it. I've already added Infamous 2 to my list of games to play, I'll add Dead Space 2 to that list as well.

• @axel if it makes you feel any better, I have multiple friends who have Dead Space 2 in their top five games of all time.

• Dead Space has a special place in my heart.
    I've been a huge horror and sci fi fan since I was a wee Shmiablo. Watching Ripley kick xenomorph ass with my dad is something I'll never forget.
    So along comes a game that analogs Alien almost perfectly. The first game had a much more somber and lonely tone to it, while the second goes balls to the wall and amps up the action while still retaining those horror elements everybody loves so much from the first game.

I've actually lost track of how many times I've completed both of these games. Pretty sure I could do a blindfolded speedrun at this point.

If EA releases a remaster of the series I won't be able to stop myself from buying that shit IMMEDIATELY.

• So far only one of my games has been listed (surprised cause it was my number 2 and I thought it would be top 15)

It is truly was the culmination of the Gears franchise, took the gameplay 2 levels above that in gears 2, a campaign that was incredibly diverse and the perfect cap off to the series (up to that point), added great online modes (including beast mode).

My top 4 could have all easily been a tie for number 1 and this is no exception.

• Bastion

#15. Bastion - 13 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (DemonPirate)
    #3: 2 (TokyoSlim, Crepe)
    #4: 0
    HM: 3 (Phbz, Exist 2 Inspire, Nimbus)

Information

Release date: July 20 [US/EU]
    Developer: Supergiant Games
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Xbox 360, PlayStation Vita, Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I really like Bastion's art style, but the genre isn't for me. That said, I enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) NoClip's documentaries on not just Bastion itself, but SuperGiant as a whole, both as a studio and their entire catalogue. It's weird to learn a lot about a game, but not see any extended game clips, much less play it myself. Another thing about Bastion is I associate it as one of first big mascots for the XBLA, and it was around this time I first went on Xbox Live, so it's one of the first I saw. Good pick for our list.

• " Kid ends up on some list. Somethin' about video games. "

I own a Mac version, a Windows version (that I totally forgot about until this moment), and a 360 version of this game. Also, the soundtrack is great and it's up on Bandcamp.

In the same way that I always watch Goodfellas or Ocean's Eleven if they happen to be on, I will play Bastion if it's in front of my face. Yes, I am playing Bastion right now after discovering it in my GOG library. I'm not even sure how it got there.

• Love this game, not sure how I missed it because it should have been on my list over one of my HMs. Or maybe I was just feeling different at that point in time? Hard to tell, because I love this game!

• Bastion is great. It's probably my 2nd favorite Supergiant game. Easy no 3 pick for me for the year.

• Hey, I'll take #15.
    Anyways, if you haven't played this game then, my god, do yourself a favor and take a night off to go through it. Best way to experience it. Then do another playthrough to check out everything it has to offer.
    Bastion presents so much stuff to love. The iconic narration, beautiful art style, fun gameplay, interesting story, and easily one of the best soundtracks ever.
    Supergiant is such a unique studio; I really don't think anyone else makes games quite like them.
    It was on sale on the eShop for a while, but I held myself back so I don't buy it for the Nth time. Regret it.

Also, if you like Bastion, check out Transistor! Same studio, same vibes, banger soundtrack.

• I have liked not loved what I've played of Supermasive, and Bastion in particular I just couldn't get into the one time I tried.

• @bard91 Supermassive makes Dark Pictures Anthology/Until Dawn :p

• So happy i got to see Supergiant's 10 year anniversary concert at PAX live. Was great.
    They closed with a Bastion medley:
    Youtube Video – [52:58..]

• Supergiant is possibly my favorite game studio, which is funny because I haven't played Bastion or Transistor. I own them, but the gameplay has never really appealed to me. Soundtracks are incredible though.

• Bastion has soul out the ears, bit was otherwise a pretty mediocre isometric Jack n slash.

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

#14. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - 13 points

Votes

#1: 1 (FF7Cloud)
    #2: 2 (bard91, Tearju Engi)
    #3: 0
    #4: 0
    HM: 0

Information

Release date: March 29 [US], November 4 [EU]
    Developer: Nihon Falcom
    Publisher: Xseed Games
    Genre: Role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation Portable, Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    Don't Skip

• ohhh man that's lower than what I expected, but I guess Trails is hardly the most popular series so not that surprising.

Anyhow, I don't think any of the Trails games are flawless, in fact I think they all share a few issues that could be worked out and that they are overpraised in some aspects, but man does the series make it up to you if you put in time to play the games and go through the whole story, by itself Sky is very good, but as a part and the start of a series it is something beautiful.

• I hear only good things about the Trails series. Doubt I'll ever get around to then but I'm sure it's my loss.

• I don't believe I knew of the Trails series before these forums launched because every time the name comes up in a video I'm watching or an article I'm reading, I associate it from here because I know this is where the most condensed amount of conversation is at. As such, I feel like I'm repeating myself from a thread or two long since past, but if I have/am, I'll keep it extremely truncated: Not a series that has enough to draw me in, but just looking at the votes here goes to show that those who play it, love it, so it MUST be doing a lot right.

• The Legend of Heroes looks like a cool anime game 👍